Computer problem..

Just build a new computer and save urself from insanity

Before reformatting, i would create a new, clean profile (another account) and login with that to see if your profile is just corrupt.

did u run the windows performance test? i think it's called windows experience or something stupid like that.
haven't used it in awhile, but passmark also makes a performance testing tool which could be useful in seeing where your issue lies.

You're kind of all over the place. You spilled water on it, and then figured out that your vid card wasn't working because it was a piece of shit from Best Buy. Then you ordered a new one, and you couldn't plug your power supply into both ports, and your friend said it might be because of your CPU going bad....

Am I the only one who's confused?
No. But I think it was Colonel Mustard in the study with a knife.

This thread hurts my brain. Will return for more.

Well . i have formatted, installed win 10, and the fucker is running worse. has shut off on me 4x now.

so i now have to rape my wallet.

I feel like im being messed with at work . I wouldnt upgrade to windows 10 if you have the OEM system recovery disk that came with your computer. Download the latest drivers for your devices (video cards, sound cards etc..)and put on a flash drive. Then run the recovery DVD and do a full (custom)install and format the harddrive that currently is hosting your OS (the big GB one) and it will install a fresh windows OS. You probably upgraded which is the WORST thing to do when installing an OS.

-EDIT this is assuming you have backed up your personal data on an external drive. When installing a new OS, always make sure to remember to disconnect your external drive just in case)

Went ahead and just fucking rebuilt it.

Everything is new except the tower and hard drives. So far so good now!

Money solves everything IMO.

For future reference if you spill water on stuff apparently you can pop the components in the oven on low heat to dry them out. Of course if the magic smoke has already escaped, all bets are off...

have you tried turning it off then on again?

sincerely,
tech support

Back