Computer Help

oh, if that system model # you stated previously was from msinfo32 (or it shows the same thing), then it sounds to me like there's no chipset drivers installed. if you don't have the proper chipset drivers installed, i can see you having limited access to items like the trackpad options as the driver for the trackpad may not install properly/fully.

Sounds like you should buy a new one.

does your mouse work? If so, use that and dont worry about disabling anything since you dont have a touchpad.

The computer is basically brand new. I'm not having speed issues.
Point is moot, you are having issues with it. Take it back to factory specs to eliminate any unknown variables.

have you tried yelling at it or hitting it? That usually gets things to work for me.

Some quality replies here. In all seriousness how people use trackpads is insane. Just get a nice wireless mouse.

OP, I'm sorry people in this thread are being dicks, cracking wise in your hour of need.

It's pretty fucking funny, though

Doesn't really sound like I'm sorry, I suppose.

Makes you think.

I'm a computer expert.
First find the Disk clean up and use that.
If that doesn't work try Control + Alt + Delete. Press them at the same time then when the screen comes up try and do stuff.
If that doesn't work find the cookies and clear them out.
If that doesn't work press and hold the power button.
If that doesn't work go to a store and buy some air duster and use it.
If that doesn't work the computer is probably broken forever.

On the lower left side there should be some way to show hidden icons. One of those will be a symbol for the touchpad. That will bring up the pointing device options and allow you to chose devices.

Some quality replies here. In all seriousness how people use trackpads is insane. Just get a nice wireless mouse.

Who uses a mouse? A touchpad or track pad is so much easier. It's like a touchscreen that you don't have to mess up with fingerprints. There are so many different sizes and types available.

Who uses a mouse? A touchpad or track pad is so much easier. It's like a touchscreen that you don't have to mess up with fingerprints. There are so many different sizes and types available.
go-away.gif

Back