Social The University of California System Is Being Sued By Students Who Think The SAT And ACT Are Racist

I'm more concerned with the fact that more and more school districts across the nation are now prohibiting discouraging teachers from giving any student a zero for no work done.

Under the new grading policy, any homework that did not get turned in must get a score of 50%, or the teacher might get fired.

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-25%20at%204.45.14%20AM_1537865680069.png_98533703_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

os-ae-florida-teacher-fired-for-giving-zeros-david-whitley-20180925

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-ae-florida-teacher-fired-for-giving-zeros-david-whitley-20180925-story.html?outputType=amp
I can’t believe it’s reality.

I don't get how some kids are "underprivileged", though? In what sense???

Don't they ALL receive the same amount of tuition, homework, etc.??? Don't they all read off the same textbooks???

What am I missing here?

I'm not sure why you are replying to me, I said nothing about anyone being underprivileged.

The victim olympics continue.

In that national math and reading k-12 test score thread the other day, someone pointed out that African Americans only scored 3 points better on math than mentally handicapped students. I had no idea the numbers were that bad. Banning the SAT isn't the solution but that's a problem that really needs to be addressed.
I hope this is a joke

I hope this is a joke
It's not that hard to believe (and unfortunately it's true). The average African American IQ is 85. But if you look at white Americans just 100 years ago based on WW 1 IQ tests of GIs, the average white American then would have an IQ of 80 today. So it's not a genetic thing. It's a cultural thing. African Americans are roughly, culturally speaking, where white Americans were 100 years ago. Like 5 generations of development behind.

Only thing i know is that i saw people living in their own houses in compton so it cant be ghetto.

To quote a russian guy about compton

"Guys live like our upper middle class and think its ghetto, they dont know what ghetto is"

The SATs had a good run guys, but black people are now offended.

And they have support from certain "minorities groups" in California claiming that the tests are favorable to White students while "discriminatory to disadvantaged students of color".

Compton School District Among Groups Threatening to Sue UC System Unless It Drops the SAT
https://ktla.com/2019/10/29/ca-grou...llege-tests-favor-wealthy-white-students/amp/

Students of color to UC: Drop the SAT or we’ll see you in court
https://www.sfchronicle.com/education/amp/Students-of-color-to-UC-Drop-the-SAT-or-we-ll-14572455.php

California groups demand UC drop the SAT
https://www.latimes.com/california/...y-discriminate-against-disadvantaged-students

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that if the lawsuit does go forward, there is no plan for the anti-standardized exams activists to call the disadvantaged Asian-American students who actually study and do well on the SAT/ACT anyway to the Minorities witness stand.

But Asians don’t really count though because they are just pretending to be white. With their high test scores, great study habits, and success in professional work industries, Asians are just mimicking white culture, and as such they are not actually cultural minority’s.

Asians would need to commit more violent crimes, drop out of the work force and increase their presence in the US court and prison systems to even begin being compared to other ethnic minority races.

This sort of policy will always weed out the better teachers and leave us with the worst. Mrs. Tirado was probably fantastic.

The bureaucrats who come up with these policies should be fired and perhaps tarred and feathered. They deserve scorn.

I wish I can say that's the exception, but the dumbing down of our academic standards is now the norm, after years in the making. Actually, the new standard now is no standard at all.

With grades being artificially inflated by high school administrators all across the country and students who don't even bother to show up for class are passed anyway to boost the school's graduation rates, standardized exams like the SAT and ACT might be the last bastion to hold back all these K12 diploma mills and separate the real and fake GPAs.

Several friends of mine are teachers, and I hear them laments about stuff like these all the time when the higher-ups constantly pressuring them to pass kids who obviously have the same scholastic aptitude as a watermelon:

What Really Happened At Ballou, The D.C. High School Where Every Senior Got Into College
https://wamu.org/story/17/11/28/really-happened-ballou-d-c-high-school-every-senior-got-college/

Most Teachers Feel Pressure to Pass Students, Teacher Union Survey Says
https://wamu.org/story/18/01/25/dcps-teachers-feel-pressure-pass-students-teacher-union-survey-says/

Teachers Around The Country React To Investigation Into Ballou High School
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/201...eact-to-investigation-into-ballou-high-school

Last edited:
Bigotry of low expectations.

People will envitably, and rightfully, decry this policy decision as both racist and significantly detremental to the individual personal growth of students.

But if you look at white Americans just 100 years ago based on WW 1 IQ tests of GIs, the average white American then would have an IQ of 80 today. So it's not a genetic thing.
This is incorrect. IQ, or more speficially 'g' is very heritable. It's as genetic as height.
If the average white IQ during WW1 was 80, they wouldn't have been fighting with artillery, guns, airplanes, submarines, etc. They would barely be able to form a cohesive unit and chuck a spear. 80 IQ is pretty much a drooling retard.

This is incorrect. IQ, or more speficially 'g' is very heritable. It's as genetic as height.
If the average white IQ during WW1 was 80, they wouldn't have been fighting with artillery, guns, airplanes, submarines, etc. They would barely be able to form a cohesive unit and chuck a spear. 80 IQ is pretty much a drooling retard.
80 IQ is above the entire continent of southern Africa (average IQ ~70). A person with an IQ of 70 is barely what you'd, as you said, be able to talk to as a fellow human. But southern African people clearly aren't that dumb. They're not, your words, 'drooling retards'. Talk to them and they seem like (since they are) normal human beings. There's clearly something wrong with the tests. It's a 2 way street though. There's also something wrong with the people taking the tests. What kind of culture produces students barely distinguishable from what's considered mentally retarded??

80 IQ is above the entire continent of southern Africa (average IQ ~70). A person with an IQ of 70 is barely what you'd, as you said, be able to talk to as a fellow human. But southern African people clearly aren't that dumb. Talk to them and they seem like (since they are) normal human beings. There's clearly something wrong with the tests.
The tests are accurate, although not always very precise. IQ is not an end all be all, there are other characteristics that can make a person successful, just not in a mostly intelligence/complexity based system.
Normal is relative, normal for Africa? Sure. Would they be "normal" in Singapore? I doubt it.

The tests are accurate, although not always very precise. IQ is not an end all be all, there are other characteristics that can make a person successful, just not in a mostly intelligence/complexity based system.
Normal is relative, normal for Africa? Sure. Would they be "normal" in Singapore? I doubt it.
Someone with an IQ of 70 in America can't tie their shoes and is actually super retarded. The average sub saharran African tests the same as that "retard" on IQ tests but is clearly much more intelligent than that. The average white American scored that low 100 years ago; yet clearly us white people 100 years were ago able to tie our shoes and not drooling on them. The tests are measuring a cultural bias on some level.

80 IQ is above the entire continent of southern Africa (average IQ ~70). A person with an IQ of 70 is barely what you'd, as you said, be able to talk to as a fellow human. But southern African people clearly aren't that dumb. They're not, your words, 'drooling retards'. Talk to them and they seem like (since they are) normal human beings. There's clearly something wrong with the tests. It's a 2 way street though. There's also something wrong with the people taking the tests. What kind of culture produces students barely distinguishable from what's considered mentally retarded??
I think there are two things going on:
1-"Drooling retards" are people with genetic defects that not only give them low IQ but also physical problems, hence they look dumber, drool, walk funny etc. An otherwise healthy person with an IQ of 70 isn't that bad. By the way, people with down's syndrome actually score around 50 and sometimes lower, although sometimes they have IQs close to 70.
2-IQ can be broken down into verbal intelligence, spatial intelligence etc. It seems Africans score very low on verbal and math, but do otherwise well on spatial intelligence, for example. So they have no problem driving a car or playing sports but are mostly illiterate and incapable of doing math above adding and subtracting.

Having said that the tests are probably flawed and Africans that receive some sort of proper education will score higher even if not 100, probably closer to African Americans(85). Poverty can't account for everything though as Latinos and Natives are both poorer and score slightly higher than blacks. Inuits, Mexicans, Native Americans usually score around 90.

Someone with an IQ of 70 in America can't tie their shoes and is actually super retarded. The average sub saharran African tests the same as that "retard" on IQ tests but is clearly much more intelligent than that. The average white American scored that low 100 years ago; yet clearly us white people 100 years were ago able to tie our shoes and not drooling on them. The tests are measuring a cultural bias on some level.
Those biases somehow dont affect east asians. And blacks actually do better on the culturally weighed parts than on math/pattern parts.
I'm not sure how much lower did whites score on a average 100 years ago, that's just 3 generations. It wouldn't be much different.

Back