compression shorts vs jockstrap?

Jammyface said:
Have a question, will the Under Armour compression shorts hold a cup? Like the Under Armours at Dick's I think their 25 bucks?
The ones I've seen do NOT hold a cup. Your best bet is to stick your hand in there to see if there is a pocket.

physicaltherapy said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Does underarmor make compression shorts with a cup pocket?

UnderArmor does make a compression short with a cup pocket. It's made for football and the youth version has pockets for hip pads. The adult version has like a second layer of material so hip pades don't rub your skin raw. My guess is that they don't work any better than the Shock Dr. compression short setup that SSF has. The UnderArmor compression shorts are like 50$....So you might just wanna order the Shock Dr. Or the XO compression short and pro cup setup.

I don't know guys...I'd wait for the 'new, improved' version to come out after being tested in real action like they do over time with perfecting the Shock Doctor mouthguards.

USA Fighter said:
I don't know guys...I'd wait for the 'new, improved' version to come out after being tested in real action like they do over time with perfecting the Shock Doctor mouthguards.

I'm paranoid now.....I don't think my balls can wait.

for me its always jock with soft cup, with a pair of compression/fight shorts over top. then i wear my shorts or gi pants.
reasons for all the layers:

the jock is used to hold the cup, which protects the balls.

the compression/fight shorts are for when the legs of the shorts roll back i dont want my crotch showing, and the shorts over top are because i dont have the fighters physique to only wear tight fit fight shorts.

I have the underarmor jock with the XO gel cup...it's the most comfortable I've found so far.

The Shock Doctor set is nice , You don't notice it when you roll . I wear it over my boxer briefs ( I know to much info ) But the dual layer works good for me .........Give it a try ..

Just a note on this. I went to one of the Dick's in my town today, and they didn't have any supporters w/ cups in stock except for hockey. Seems they feel that ballsmashing is seasonal.

After reading all this I think I'm going with the UA jock with XO cup set up. Thanks for all the input guys, it seriously helped out a lot.

Ok I got the UA jockstrap w/ XO cup and UA compression shorts over the top. Works out GREAT. Only one qualm though, it feels like the compression shorts fall down in the back and I get paranoid but they don't.

I just picked up an XO cup and slider (compression) short combo to replace the old Bike brand jock set-up. Although there's plenty of room in the waist, getting the compression shorts over my quads is a process and then some. The liners I used before had a bit more give but even in a large getting the compression shorts on is a battle that takes a few minutes. The gel cup itself gets a big initial thumbs up though!

So ive decided to get shockdoctor compression shorts and a XO cup but i have 2 questions. Are all XO cups the gel ones with carbon fibre or is it their special cup that is like this?

Second question is ill use the XO gel cup for wrestling and then should i get a steel cup to wear in my compression shorts for kickboxing or is the XO cup ok? It seems after those two horror stories i should go with the steel cup, is this right?

thanks for the excellent advice guys.... i think i'm going with xo gel cup and the UA jock...

A jockstrap with tight vale tudo shorts works a lot like compression shorts. That is what I use.

thanks for the insight scorcho... i'm going to XO and jock method because i like VT shorts more than board shorts...

glad they willl be working good...

physicaltherapy said:
Hello everyone. I have made past jokes about freeballing it when I grapple. Slapping my balls on people's faces when I go north-south, etc.etc.

Yesterday, after going for a take down, I got severely kneed in the nuts. It was bad....I mean real bad, like my crotch has truned colors bad. Karma is a bitch.

So where am I going with this....I usually don't wear cups because the damn jockstrap is so uncomfortable......

How do compression shorts with a cup compare to a jockstrap?

http://www.shockdoc.com/coreProtective/BasiXcompression.html

People with experience please give me feedback.

Wise-asses feel free to crack jokes.

I have X0 slider compression shorts that came with a sort X0 rimmed cup. There is a pocket inside the shorts for cup so it doesn't move about much. They are about $30. I find them to be very comfortable.

pine

Right now I use a XO cup with a jockstrap that comes with it. I dont really like jockstraps but I have to protect my balls. Im thinking of getting those compression shorts by shockdoctor. Can I just buy those shorts and put my XO cup I already have in it? Is there a pocket inside where the cup goes?

Back