compression shorts vs jockstrap?

physicaltherapy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have made past jokes about freeballing it when I grapple. Slapping my balls on people's faces when I go north-south, etc.etc.

Yesterday, after going for a take down, I got severely kneed in the nuts. It was bad....I mean real bad, like my crotch has truned colors bad. Karma is a bitch.

So where am I going with this....I usually don't wear cups because the damn jockstrap is so uncomfortable......

How do compression shorts with a cup compare to a jockstrap?

http://www.shockdoc.com/coreProtective/BasiXcompression.html

People with experience please give me feedback.

Wise-asses feel free to crack jokes.

I have used the metal thai cups with the thong like straps and regular jock straps and don't like either of them. I use the compression shorts cup by Shock Dr. They are much more comfy then the other two styles. The metal Thai cup is stronger but I'll take the SD over it.

I carry all three styles and I sell way more SD then the other two.

www.SSFgear.com

I have not used compression shorts, but I love my underarmor jock. I can't imagine the shorts being much more comfortable.

I use a XO Pro Cup and Compression shorts...way better than a jock...much more comfortable, and you get some additional coverage and support for those highguard situations!

I use compression shorts that were in the ice hockey section. Anyways, they work well and the nice thing about them is that the cup moves a bit more with your body's movement, so if you're like kneeling on one leg or another the cup shifts a bit with it. Jocks are uncomfortable as hell. I'd say try the compression shorts.

I just use standard old jockstraps. sure they are uncomfortable, but better than a ball-color-changing knee to the going.

edit: i do have the XO cup though, with the soft gel sides. Cant go back to standard platic cups now.

Yeah, I was wondering about the Compression shorts aswell after I got taken down by a guy and his leg managed to ram so hard into my balls...oh it was so painful, I swore at first I thought I would be uni-balled for life as I thought he popped my right testicle lol.

SSF said:
I have used the metal thai cups with the thong like straps and regular jock straps and don't like either of them. I use the compression shorts cup by Shock Dr. They are much more comfy then the other two styles. The metal Thai cup is stronger but I'll take the SD over it.

I carry all three styles and I sell way more SD then the other two.

www.SSFgear.com
How do the sizes on these work? I'm a size 32, so would I want like medium?

Adino said:
I have not used compression shorts, but I love my underarmor jock. I can't imagine the shorts being much more comfortable.

I've heard a couple of people talk about UnderArmour Jocks but I've never seen them. I can't even find them on their site. I must be blind or something. Does anyone have a link to it?

Jammyface said:
I've heard a couple of people talk about UnderArmour Jocks but I've never seen them. I can't even find them on their site. I must be blind or something. Does anyone have a link to it?

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=7&coll_id=31&pf_id=0271

Is the Combat Sports International MMA cup made with steel like a thai cup? It doesnt say it is, but someone told me that it was. If anybody knows, let me know, its cheaper than getting a thai cup.

I want to put in another good word for Under Armour jockstraps. I read about them on here and I am glad I bought them. Definitely more comfortable than any other setup, I think, and definitely more comfortable than any other jock out there.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Does underarmor make compression shorts with a cup pocket?

They do, I have seen them, but I think they have padding on the hips. I didn't like them because they were really long and I couldn't find them in adult sizes.

Incidentally, I also have the XO cup. Under Armour jock + XO cup = Good.

mxyzptlk said:
They do, I have seen them, but I think they have padding on the hips. I didn't like them because they were really long and I couldn't find them in adult sizes.

Incidentally, I also have the XO cup. Under Armour jock + XO cup = Good.

That is the same setup I have and I love it, cant get much more comfortable for a cup. And the underarmor jock wicks moisture away, very comfortable.

Any sporting good's store... Dick's (no pun intended and also carries the Under Armour jockstrap), Sports Authority, City Sports, the list goes on. The XO cup will be easy to find in any store, it's the UA jockstrap that's a bit harder to find. You can get both at sportsauthority.com. And if you didn't know, Modell, Eastbay, Dick's, and Sports Authority use the same internet fulfillment house so all their stuff is the same.

Has anyone used both the XO Pro Cup and the Shock Doctor? Is it the same concept? Looks to be, but I'm not sure. The Shock Doctor compression shorts somehow look a little sturdier than the XO's, but it's hard to buy either w/o the included cup so I wanted to find out if the Shock Doc cup is as comfortable. I know -- it's only an extra $8 or $10 to buy both and decide for myself, but this is easier.

Have a question, will the Under Armour compression shorts hold a cup? Like the Under Armours at Dick's I think their 25 bucks?

Back