Media Compilation of Khabib's thoughts on Chandler

Two fights ago he got knocked out by faitherweight.

Javier also told him before UFC that if, by chance, Chandler replaces Gaethje then Khabib doesn't need to use Father Plan, he can beat up purely in a standup fight.
Yeah that's what I mean lol. Khabib would beat him on the ground, but if he only stood up with him he would get KTFO'd.
Khabib was too cocky about Chandler.

Yeah that's what I mean lol. Khabib would beat him on the ground, but if he only stood up with him he would get KTFO'd.

I disagree - everyone said the same about Gaethje, I even partly believed it myself (that in standup Gaethje could beat Khabib) but instead he ran...not only did he run but he did so while laughing for good measure
20201025_114507.jpg
20201025_114521.jpg

I disagree - everyone said the same about Gaethje, I even partly believed it myself (that in standup Gaethje could beat Khabib) but instead he ran...not only did he run but he did so while laughing for good measure
View attachment 814637
View attachment 814636
That such BS lol. Gaethje ran cause he was terrified of the takedown.
Chandler not only has way better wrestling, he also has pretty good Jitz. Not saying Khabib couldn't take him down, just that he is much more competent on the ground than Gaethje.
Plus, If Khabib is only standing with him, then he doesn't need to fear the takedown, and so your point is moot.

Don't underestimate Chandler, if him and Khabib had a standup only bought, Chandler would win 10/10 times.

That such BS lol. Gaethje ran cause he was terrified of the takedown.
Chandler not only has way better wrestling, he also has pretty good Jitz. Not saying Khabib couldn't take him down, just that he is much more competent on the ground than Gaethje.
Plus, If Khabib is only standing with him, then he doesn't need to fear the takedown, and so your point is moot.

Don't underestimate Chandler, if him and Khabib had a standup only bought, Chandler would win 10/10 times.

Javier knows, he literally said this (that Khabib can strike with Chandler all fight but not to risk it with Gaethje).

Everyone accused Javier of BS'ing when he also said Khabib wouldn't have trouble taking down and keeping Justin down - but he's always right as he knows Khabib's capabilities best.

Gaethje was also not supposed to fear the takedown due to his D1 wrestling, car crash scenario etc. :rolleyes:

Gaethje was fearing the striking power coming from Khabib and that's why he ran

Javier knows, he literally said this (that Khabib can strike with Chandler all fight but not to risk it with Gaethje).

Everyone accused Javier of BS'ing when he also said Khabib wouldn't have trouble taking down and keeping Justin down - but he's always right as he knows Khabib's capabilities best.

Gaethje was also not supposed to fear the takedown due to his D1 wrestling, car crash scenario etc. :rolleyes:

Dude, all of that is BS and we both know it.

Justin Gaethje is a D1 wrestler, yes, but he is a D1 who hasn't practiced his wrestling for like 10 years, and hasn't trained a day of Jitz in his life.

Chandler is a D1 who uses his wrestling every fight, and has pretty damn good Jitz to back it up. You are crazy if you think there is any comparison.

Gaethje didn't employ his car crash gameplan lol, he was scared shitless and ran. And it wasn't because of the striking power lmao, it was because he knew he didn't have any BJJ, so he was scared shitless of the takedown.

Chandler wouldn't be. If you can't see the difference, I honestly don't know what to say.

And Javier is a coach, of course he would say Khabib could strike with Chandler. We all know he can't. His power is inferior, his speed is inferior, his technique is inferior.

Don't get me wrong, If khabib employed his normal gameplan, then he would eventually get Chandler down and would probably win. However, if he only stood up with Chandler, he would lose 10/10 times.

Reactions: Ruv
Two fights ago he got knocked out by faitherweight.

Javier also told him before UFC that if, by chance, Chandler replaces Gaethje then Khabib doesn't need to use Father Plan, he can beat up purely in a standup fight.

A FAITHerweight?

iu

Khabib pretty much walked Justin down. Yes he beat him on the ground but wasn't afraid to stand.

What do you mean by "Khabib was too cocky about Chandler"? No disrespect meant, I don't understand what you mean by the comment because they never fought and we don't know what would happen if they did, but my guess is Khabib would beat him.

Chandler is good and has power for sure, a great record but has never been tested against the top tier the UFC has to offer. Furthermore, I hope Chandler is successful because I have always enjoyed watching him fight.

Javier also advised Islam that he could stand with Martins against Abdulmanap wishes and we all know how that went.

Khabibs stand up is affective due to the fear of the TD

Khabib pretty much walked Justin down. Yes he beat him on the ground but wasn't afraid to stand.

What do you mean by "Khabib was too cocky about Chandler"? No disrespect meant, I don't understand what you mean by the comment because they never fought and we don't know what would happen if they did, but my guess is Khabib would beat him.

Chandler is good and has power for sure, a great record but has never been tested against the top tier the UFC has to offer. Furthermore, I hope Chandler is successful because I have always enjoyed watching him fight.
I mean, had they fought he would have been too cocky.

And your missing the key part, which is Justin was only backing up like that because he was afraid of the takedown.

BTW, I was just trolling Ackmed when I said Khabib would get KTFO'd by Chandler.

But I do truly believe that there is no way in hell that Khabib could win a standup only match against Chandler.

I mean, had they fought he would have been too cocky.

And your missing the key part, which is Justin was only backing up like that because he was afraid of the takedown.

BTW, I was just trolling Ackmed when I said Khabib would get KTFO'd by Chandler.

But I do truly believe that there is no way in hell that Khabib could win a standup only match against Chandler.

So even if Khabib was standing with Chandler he'd still be fearing Khabib's TD.

Khabib and Javier said he can beat Chandler just by standing that doesn't mean a boxing match with boxing rules

Javier also advised Islam that he could stand with Martins against Abdulmanap wishes and we all know how that went.

This was 5+ years ago and since then Javier has improved as a coach and spent more time with Abdulmanap to get on the same page

Seems to be being forgotten in this thread, Khabib opting not to takedown in an MMA fight, would be very different to Khabib being forced not to.

It's ridiculous talking about such handicaps anyway. If Conor couldn't use his left hand vs Aldo, if Royce Gracie couldn't use his Jujitsu in UFC1, if Francis could only use teep kicks.

This was 5+ years ago and since then Javier has improved as a coach and spent more time with Abdulmanap to get on the same page
Give it a rest, he overestimated Islams stand up and Islam paid price. Khabib and Islam should stick there bread and butter (offensive high pressure grappling) this is what opens up there opportunities to be affective on the feet.

Also if you think for a minute Khabibs dad would to suggest to stand with Chandler you obviously know nothing about the fighters you follow.

Back