Competition Matches

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by codemonkey76, Oct 31, 2010.

1. codemonkey76

codemonkey76 Black Belt

Hi Guys,

I competed in the QBJJL Competion yesterday (saturday) and below are my matches. There was only 4 in the gi division 73-79KG Purple Belt, and only 3 in the no-gi advanced 73-79kg division.

My first gi match, against a good mate from another club, and our first match against each other in competition (Aaron).

The second match was against one of my teammates, and a very good judoka (Rodrigo).

So with my win and loss, i got 2nd place in the gi.

Then for the no-gi, first match was against a guy I had never met, who came up from Sydney for the competition

Aaron was supposed to face Rodrigo in the first round of the no-gi, but Rodrigo was too tired, so pulled out and gave Aaron the bye.

So here was Aaron's chance for redemption.

2. Genki Pseudo

Genki Pseudo Banned Banned

deleted

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  3. Genki Pseudo

Genki Pseudo Banned Banned

very impressive triangle escape to mount in the first no gi match!

4. chino3

chino3 Purple Belt

Nice stuff! The first vid, you seemed like you had an answer for everything! My coach says that your toughest opponent will be your teammate. They already know yours moves :)

5. codemonkey76

codemonkey76 Black Belt

6. codemonkey76

codemonkey76 Black Belt

bump for comments.

7. 256

256 Purple Belt

I enjoyed watching the matches.

8. Jimmy Cerra

Jimmy Cerra Amateur Fighter

First match: You could have had a better base standing up. You didn't have your elbow & leg/knee connected. This gave him space to put his foot on your hip, which frustrated your guard passing attempts (see 2:09). He had a good sweep, you but had great tenacity to reestablish your guard & pull off that triangle! Congarts!

Second match: I know it is not an MMA fight, but I would let go instead of be picked up like that from the guard. Now, I'm guilty of that in competition too years ago. (Guess I'm a hypocrite… lol) But now I try not to do that. Open your guard before he picks you up. You dictate the flow of the match, not him!!!

Third match: Good back door deep half sweep! But keep your elbow in to prevent the triangle (same kind of mistake as in the 1st match, your elbow wasn't by your side). Great job proceeding to open up your can of whoops on him! haha!

Fourth match: Aaron got vengeance with that harai! haha Good job man, even though you lost, you never gave up. Good work!

9. codemonkey76

codemonkey76 Black Belt