COMPETITION LOG - 2017 S&C Deadlift Comp

Nice pull!

I failed my deadlift attempt today. Sorry guys.

All I want to know is who had the bigger gainz between @Cmart and @JimRussel.

If anyone is curious, I finally got my trap bar and bumpers two weeks ago.

Here are the results:

In third place...

The Blue Team:

@The_observer86 - 505 lbs (+50)
@ASUThermo - 607.5 lbs (+6)
@spdrew2143 - 685 lbs (+5)
@KotovSyndrome - 529 (+22)

With 9.2 lbs of improvement per person

In second place...

The Green Team:

@fbmmofo - 589 (+27)
@SexyMahnaz - 507 lbs (+67)
@Japmanx - 555 lbs (+20)

With 14.25 lbs of improvemnt per person

AND THE WINNER OF THE 2017 SHERDOG DEADLIFT COMPETITION IS...

THE RED TEAM!!!

@JimRussel - 696 lbs (+21)

@MilkManUK - 474 lbs (+55)
@Bloodhy - 500 lbs (+70)
@rocketskates - 650 lbs (+28)

WITH 21.75 LBS OF IMPROVEMENT PER PERSON

Congratulations!

Great job to everyone that was able to contribute to your team's total.

Thanks MoM, grats to Red & well done gainers. Especially the big boys starting with 600+.

He couldn't back up his smack talk and decided to jump ship I guess. His first post in this thread might be the most annoying thing I have ever read on sherdog, pretty lame guy all around.

He couldn't back up his smack talk and decided to jump ship I guess. His first post in this thread might be the most annoying thing I have ever read on sherdog, pretty lame guy all around.
Weird, I wasn’t sure I could back mine up, so I...just did my best with what I was working with and posted the results.

Just to recap...

Highly critical means you pointed fingers for months while you didn't post a single workout, which is gutless, yes. But now you've written up some DL work and you're very bold indeed. Good for you.

Maybe do a competition like I recently did next. Put yourself out there a little, get that money where your mouth is.

I did. I benched 202.5kg for a 10kg PR, while being almost 20 lbs lighter, at a meet on November 4.

How about a sig bet on the DL comp, based on % improvement? Because I think I can shut you right the fuck up with that.

Hahahaha you pussy! All of this "I'm so out of shape I'll improve" shit and still, not enough balls to put your money where your mouth is? STFU about me until you have the sack to put something on the line.

Man the fuck up or shut the fuck up, that's all there is to it. We have a deadlift competition going. I'd personally be just fine with never hearing from you again, but beating you would also be nice.

Lol nice to hear from an armchair spectator. Tune in and watch the deadlift competition when you have some spare time.

We're already doing a competition, a little side action makes it fun. Except Jim likes to dish out but not take it, so no go.

So yeah, no shit he's stronger. And he likes to talk smack, fine. But when it comes right down to it, doesn't want to compete

I'm going to beat that 495, and do it at seven pounds lighter, and at 49 years old. And DL is my worst lift.

Well, you said originally you were 190-195 pounds bodyweight, which you've conveniently revised to 190. So I'll still beat it, while being under 83kg. You won't man up, so I guess that's the mark to beat.

Gotta let you hold on to a shred of dignity.

Unless what you mean is the irony of me accepting a challenge when you didn't have the balls to.

Some accept challenges, some cower. That's the way it is, I suppose.

And yet, you cower.

It's weird that he was still visiting the forum pretty regularly throughout the comp, but completely bailed on his team. At least tell them you're backing out. That goes for a lot of the participants. Not that I didn't expect that going into the comp. Twenty-five people submitted starting videos, 11 submitted improvements. Pretty bad.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation to start training hard again and pushing me closer to a 700+ deadlift, @Cmart. I honestly expected you to bring the heat and show up at the last minute with a huge PR video, so I knew I had to put in some work. I ended up with an 11lb all-time PR, my first one since January 2016, and my first 3xBW deadlift, all while losing a ton of weight. Hopefully my competitive spirit is no longer in question for you. Have a good 2018.

Last edited:
@JimRussel CMart was a pain in the ass most of the time. It was great to see you put up some big numbers this year after all that bullshit he shit out of his fingers this year. Great work.

@JimRussel CMart was a pain in the ass most of the time. It was great to see you put up some big numbers this year after all that bullshit he shit out of his fingers this year. Great work.

Thanks! I may be Colby Covington-esque, but at least I showed up and made weight.

All guys who actually followed through with the competition put up some great numbers. The lowest was still +5 and you with +6, but at least you both followed through and finished. Deadlifts are weird and taxing to max out on on good days, let alone when you're trying to improve as much as you can by a deadline.

Just to recap...

I did. I benched 202.5kg for a 10kg PR, while being almost 20 lbs lighter, at a meet on November 4.

It's weird that he was still visiting the forum pretty regularly throughout the comp, but completely bailed on his team. At least tell them you're backing out. That goes for a lot of the participants. Not that I didn't expect that going into the comp. Twenty-five people submitted starting videos, 11 submitted improvements. Pretty bad.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation to start training hard again and pushing me closer to a 700+ deadlift, @Cmart. I honestly expected you to bring the heat and show up at the last minute with a huge PR video, so I knew I had to put in some work. I ended up with an 11lb all-time PR, my first one since January 2016, and my first 3xBW deadlift, all while losing a ton of weight. Hopefully my competitive spirit is no longer in question for you. Have a good 2018.

That's disappointing. I was hoping your "rivalry" would inspire you both to tear it up in this competition and both put up big numbers that led to you both earning a begrudging respect for one another ... or at least fight to the death or something.

Anywho, you, sir, inspired me to think about lifting for much of 2017, and I thank you.

I ended up with an 11lb all-time PR, my first one since January 2016, and my first 3xBW deadlift, all while losing a ton of weight. Hopefully my competitive spirit is no longer in question for you.
And that was all after having a bad enough injury that you considered dropping out.

Thanks! I may be Colby Covington-esque, but at least I showed up and made weight.

All guys who actually followed through with the competition put up some great numbers. The lowest was still +5 and you with +6, but at least you both followed through and finished. Deadlifts are weird and taxing to max out on on good days, let alone when you're trying to improve as much as you can by a deadline.
I won't lie, I wanted to beat you at the end for the biggest deadlift. I was a bit surprised you came back from injury that quickly and pulled a pr. Anyway, lift looked smooth and it looks like you're in the 720-730 range.

I'm not really surprised cmart dropped out. I remember him posting his powerlifting meet results, and I think he bombed out. Probably kind of demoralized the poor guy, especially after all the shit talking. Speaking of which, will @pokerandbeer show up with that six hundy dead before this thread dies?

just be patient my pull is hovering around 550 right now i want the 600 on video so you will all shut the hell up

And that was all after having a bad enough injury that you considered dropping out.

To be fair, it wasn't so much an injury as it was a chronic painful annoyance I couodn't figure out how to make go away. I figured it out and am almost 100% pain free 100% of the time now.

I won't lie, I wanted to beat you at the end for the biggest deadlift. I was a bit surprised you came back from injury that quickly and pulled a pr. Anyway, lift looked smooth and it looks like you're in the 720-730 range.

I'm not really surprised cmart dropped out. I remember him posting his powerlifting meet results, and I think he bombed out. Probably kind of demoralized the poor guy, especially after all the shit talking. Speaking of which, will @pokerandbeer show up with that six hundy dead before this thread dies?

I thought you posted a 710 deadlift video in a thread the other day? How come you're only listed at 685 for the comp?

Like I posted above, once I figured out what exercises and stretches to do to correct the issue, my lifting went back normal pretty quickly. I've been warming up way more thoroughly and effectively now too. I also stopped being lazy and have been addressing weak points.

As smooth as that 316kg looked, I failed 320 right after lol. I just couldn't power through my sticking point.

He kept talking shit well after his bombing out. I'm actually pretty surprised he bailed on the competition, though. That's a lot of shit to talk to just completely no-show, especially when he still visits the site.

just be patient my pull is hovering around 550 right now i want the 600 on video so you will all shut the hell up

Why would any of us, specifically me and drew, actually care if you pull 600? We pull a lot more than that lol.

At this point, I thought it was just a kind of long running forum inside joke. You'll obviously never post a video. It's aight.

wtf i i think i posted a squat a deadlift video if im not mistaken a while back. why would i not post a video if i say im going to?

Back