Comparing Rumble and DC to Jones

skobydog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
DC did ok getting inside along with some dirty boxing but not much of a challenge anywhere else.

Given that, I think Rumble could compete by staying inside and may even have a better chance against Jones due to his power.

Before the DC/Jones fight I didn't give Rumble much of a chance. I still think Jones would win if they fought but I also think he'd do better than DC. What do you think?

I said before this fight between Jones and DC Rumble is a bigger threat to both Gus and Jones. Rumble definately have a bigger chance agains Jones than DC. The reach against Jones is that important.

Next question would be if Jones would be smart to take it to the ground against Rumble or would his ego get in the way of that?

Rumble is a very strong LHW. Cormier has power at HW, but it didn't seem to translate as well to LHW. Rumble has that killer knock out power that could put Jones away if he was able to land half of the strikes DC landed.

I'd love to see either gus or rumble against jones.

If Rumble were to get past his next fight I'd want to see him vs. Jones for sure.

That said, Gustafsson is a Man on a Goddamn Mission right now, it's just not likely to be.

Their styles are too different to really make it a fair fight, Rumble won't know what hit him.

Rumble absolutely has the best chance of beating Jones. Bones movement, his versatility is too much to point fight for 5rounds, you have to finish him. The only person I see capable of doing so is Rumble, Gus for the most part is a point fighter, Rumble is a finisher.

Rumble absolutely has the best chance of beating Jones. Bones movement, his versatility is too much to point fight for 5rounds, you have to finish him. The only person I see capable of doing so is Rumble, Gus for the most part is a point fighter, Rumble is a finisher.
Thats a sherdog myth.

13 out of 16 wins is not a point fighter?

Rumble have 12 of 18.

Jones have 4 strait decicions against legit LHW's.

If Rumble works his hand speed I think he can rock Jones just enough to release full blown slamming hand cannons for a quick finish, Rumbles gas tank hardly passes round 2 there's a reason he needs to finish quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back