Compare Conor and Siver ...Do you see poverty..

Drunken Blindness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson Silva vs Wanderlei Silva?

Hands down and clowning, looking for that one shot, overly confident fighter vs a hardcore battery ram who uses wild looping swings.

Very similar really except a couple noticeable differences. Siver has real ground game that he will actually use and Conor isn't the Spider.

Siver wins in the 4th.

You mean a poor man's Anderson Silva vs Wanderlei Silva?
The difference in level between Siver and Wandy is way bigger than between Anderson and Conor.

Siver is poverty compared to Conor's bank account.

Siver wins in the 4th.

PED head cant make it to the 4th if Conor let him.

Siver in the fourth? Hell if it makes it that long without a doubt Siver would be gassed.

Also, you started a thread a while back saying Siver by sub in the first...

Poverty you say? Germany has the strongest economy in West Europe.

Siver in the fourth? Hell if it makes it that long without a doubt Siver would be gassed.

Also, you started a thread a while back saying Siver by sub in the first...

Yes I did. I admit that.

Siver will win. I really don't doubt. I do admit that I was pissed off at all the Conor hype and bloviated the rhetoric to say Siver would win in the first and "easily." I really don't think that. I don't.

This IS NOT A MAIN CARD FIGHT. It is a third out of 4 on the prelims at best. I love Siver. Been following him for years. He has earned this. Conor has not. Not even close.

I could go in length about the fight but to say it briefly...chances are Siver grinds this out and subs in the 4th or grind a decision.

Please enlighten me

How Conor walks with his hands down, taunting?

How Siver throws looping swings and follows with stiff kicks?

Tell me where I am wrong.

Yep that's it, Anderson and Wanderlei in a nutshell.

Yes I did. I admit that.

Siver will win. I really don't doubt. I do admit that I was pissed off at all the Conor hype and bloviated the rhetoric to say Siver would win in the first and "easily." I really don't think that. I don't.

This IS NOT A MAIN CARD FIGHT. It is a third out of 4 on the prelims at best. I love Siver. Been following him for years. He has earned this. Conor has not. Not even close.

I could go in length about the fight but to say it briefly...chances are Siver grinds this out and subs in the 4th or grind a decision.

McGregor hasn't earned a fight vs Denis Siver? Lmao.

Why do all of McGregor's haters seem like such bitter pricks? I mean there isn't a genuine reason to dislike him, you only hate him because he's popular. Which is pathetic.

siver is a plodding fighter, Conor is 10x more fluid and will pick him apart , 1st or 2nd rd TKO for Conor.

McGregor hasn't earned a fight vs Denis Siver? Lmao.

Why do all of McGregor's haters seem like such bitter pricks? I mean there isn't a genuine reason to dislike him, you only hate him because he's popular. Which is pathetic.

I really like Conor and agree that he is far better for the sport if he wins. No argument there.

Doesn't change the fact.

When a taunting, hands down counter striker fights a man who can do both ground game and strike back and isn't afraid, who wins?

Weidman did.

And Siver will. Don't take me wrong. Siver is not Weidman. I am just doing comparisons here.

Conor's original nickname, before he became 'The GOAT', was 'TWAS' (The White Anderson Silva). Anybody remember that? Several people on here were calling him that.

As for the comparison, both AS and Conor like to use psychological warfare against their opponents because it's extremely smart to do. Both used it pre-fight (AS did this at the weigh-ins in some cases) and mid-fight. Both are very sharp with their striking and have great timing and precision. Both are very technical. Unlike Anderson though, McGregor actually knows how to lead. Anderson couldn't to save his life apart from leading successfully with leg kicks. It's like all that he ever trained was countering. McGregor is excellent at both.

So, do you see why your comparison is a slight toward McGregor, TS? Conor > Silva when it comes to the versatility of their striking. Your Siver-Wand comparison isn't too bad though, both guys are muscular and stiff when fighting. Neither guy is real technical with their striking.

I really like Conor and agree that he is far better for the sport if he wins. No argument there.

Doesn't change the fact.

When a taunting, hands down counter striker fights a man who can do both ground game and strike back and isn't afraid, who wins?

Weidman did.

And Siver will. Don't take me wrong. Siver is not Weidman. I am just doing comparisons here.

Conor wins. He disrespected Brimage with Bolo punches. He disrespected Holloway by going Diaz with his hands up. He disrespected Poirier by talking shit in the fight before he clobbered him cold.

Siver will suffer the same cruel fate. Out cold as the brash Irishman claims his final scalp before he gets his shot at the gold.

Doesn't change the fact.

Weidman did.

First you compared Siver to Wanderlei, now you're comparing him to Weidman. Lol.

Conor's original nickname, before he became 'The GOAT', was 'TWAS' (The White Anderson Silva). Anybody remember that? Several people on here were calling him that.

As for the comparison, both AS and Conor like to use psychological warfare against their opponents because it's extremely smart to do. Both used it pre-fight (AS did this at the weigh-ins in some cases) and mid-fight. Both are very sharp with their striking and have great timing and precision. Both are very technical. Unlike Anderson though, McGregor actually knows how to lead. Anderson couldn't to save his life apart from leading successfully with leg kicks. It's like all that he ever trained was countering. McGregor is excellent at both.

So, do you see why your comparison is a slight toward McGregor, TS? Conor > Silva when it comes to the versatility of their striking. Your Siver-Wand comparison isn't too bad though, both guys are muscular and stiff when fighting. Neither guy is real technical with their striking.

Best post I have read all day, srs. Thanks man. I mean that.

It is the small things too. This psychological stuff they do. It really matters. I think Jones beat Rampage partially due to the fact that Rampage gave up during the fight and accepted his fate.

Anyways, nice post. I respect this.

Best post I have read all day, srs. Thanks man. I mean that.

It is the small things too. This psychological stuff they do. It really matters. I think Jones beat Rampage partially due to the fact that Rampage gave up during the fight and accepted his fate.

Anyways, nice post. I respect this.

I wish more fighters would experiment with psychological warfare. It's potent stuff and any fighter will tell you how important the mental aspect is of the game. Conor once said it was like 90% of the fight. It's huge. Anderson knew it's importance for years and had guys beaten before he stepped into the cage with them. Nick Diaz understands this too. Another guy that you used in your comparison, Wand, was always extremely intimidating and would stare guys down and put fear into them in Pride. He used it to his advantage also. Something so small but potentially so big as an advantage. I personally like watching it pre-fight and in the midst of the fight.

Siver has struggled with big punchers with better range (cowboy, cub). Connor is nothing if not those 2 things. However Connor is much more flashy and open to counters than those guys.

Siver also hasn't finished anyone since 2010 and has lost when facing the top 10 or top 5 guys.

The odds of Siver winning are poor, the odds of him catching his first stoppage in nearly 5 years is abysmal.

Siver is poverty compared to Conor's bank account.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if 36 y.o. man with 31 pro fights and 7 OTN bonuses had more money than 26 y.o., who started earning decent cash like 1,5 years ago.

Siver seems to be rational and level-headed guy - he's a German, not a Brasilian after all. I'm pretty sure he's doing well for himself.

Holy shit, no. First of all, even Conor would say that this is just fucking retarded. Anderson has knocked guys out with an elbow, knees, kicks, and punches. And to say that Anderson doesn't even know how to lead is just idiotic. It's pretty obvious you haven't watched much of Anderson's career and it seems like you've drawn this 'evidence' of Anderson's lack of ability to lead from only the Weidman fights.

He can lead but prefers to counter, which he used to amass the most UFC title defenses ever.

Conor once said that he wants to be on Anderson Silva's level. So don't act as if Anderson is below Conor as a fighter.

Back