Company Men and women, does it leave a sour taste in your mouth?

You're grammar is fine, but your sentences bother me. Company men are generally spineless and are afraid to act as they truly please. Of course, there is a balance of where one should be, neither blind company man nor blind rebel.

You're equating being a company man with being spineless and afraid for some reason. I know you're aware, you said it, but the notion baffles me.

Until it becomes a matter of personal integrity or going against one's core principles, I think every employee should do their best to fulfill their company's agenda.

When I think of a company man, I think of someone crossing the lines of human decency out of loyalty to their boss. On this forum, taking a fight on short notice, or failing to complain at every turn, or just generally getting along with the UFC brass seems to brand one a company man.

Cerrone accepts fights for the money. I don't think of him as a company man.

Until it becomes a matter of personal integrity or going against one's core principles, I think every employee should do their best to fulfill their company's agenda.

When I think of a company man, I think of someone crossing the lines of human decency out of loyalty to their boss. On this forum, taking a fight on short notice, or failing to complain at every turn, or just generally getting along with the UFC brass seems to brand one a company man.

Spoken like a man who has a career and a real life. My compliments.

it's interesting that this phrase "company man" has such different meanings to people.

from dictionarydotcom

noun
an employee whose allegiance to his employer comes before personal beliefs or loyalty to fellow workers.

from urbandictionary

Company Man
A yes man. A suit. Some joker whose only goal in life is the expansion of his/her own career. A suck-up. A brown-noser. A worm. These guys piss me off.
Hey dirtbag, you can eat me you company man.

I don't know anymore. Maybe I misunderstood the term. I have a good job that allows me to do the things in my personal life that provide me a modicum of happiness. It also allows me to fulfill my finanical obligations. Therefore I put my job or company before most things. I'm a company man by dictionary. Not so much the urban one.

it's interesting that this phrase "company man" has such different meanings to people.

from dictionarydotcom

noun
an employee whose allegiance to his employer comes before personal beliefs or loyalty to fellow workers.

from urbandictionary

Company Man
A yes man. A suit. Some joker whose only goal in life is the expansion of his/her own career. A suck-up. A brown-noser. A worm. These guys piss me off.
Hey dirtbag, you can eat me you company man.

I don't know anymore. Maybe I misunderstood the term. I have a good job that allows me to do the things in my personal life that provide me a modicum of happiness. It also allows me to fulfill my finanical obligations. Therefore I put my job or company before most things. I'm a company man by dictionary. Not so much the urban one.

Yep. I think there are a lot of company men and women in the UFC if we are defining it by general loyalty to the UFC. That is not a bad thing. I am not sure if there are many by the other more negative definition, but if there were that would be a bad thing.

I think most threads or comments about such and such a fighter being a company man start by defining them as a company man using the first and mainly positive definition and then commence to treat that fighter as if they had somehow fulfilled the requirements of the second and negative definition.

Every time I see DC on mma tonight or Joanna slagging off Dane on twitter I feel physically ill. Now Im not saying be a bad employee. But we all know those disgusting teacher pets that suck up to the boss. It's gross and often times it doesnt save them from being the first fired/let go.

What do you sherdog?
They're just going for that $$$$$ any way they can. Would you rather sit in a cubicle or do what DC's doing?

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. There's something not right about it when you consider the terrible business practices of the UFC. At the same time, I can't blame people that much for pursuing their best interests (obviously there are limits). I think it's something to admire when a person who could be better off by playing company boy refuses the role, like Jos

Back