Companies that go above & Beyond

I hear Dicks is a pretty fair place for employees. I've always heard good things about them.

Patagonia is the one that stands out to me.
They make great clothes and outdoor gear with an ethic I respect; that is, it is all high quality made to last as long as possible, not thrown out and replaced. They even have repair workshops and techs that will repair your gear for free and teach you how to, as well.
Their founder, Yvon Chouinard, is a great man and they treat their employees well and understand that a company must make money, but also has other responsibilities. They are environmentally conscious and do everything they can to make themselves and their products sustainable.
I’m happy to pay the premium for their gear and clothes, as I respect the company and I know it is built to last.
A company not only taking a stance against planned obsolescence but actively fighting it? That's pretty damned cool.

Would we agree Southwest as tops for Airlines?

Most people have no problem supporting companies that treat their employees fairly. I would say for the average American, they are more concerned about paying bills.

Also most people aren't going to pretend that the free market is going to fix the problem with companies treating their employees like crap. Workers rights in America lack, the issue needs to be addressed.

I say good on any company that is concerned about their employees standard of living. Piss on anyone that wants to make up strawman arguments about why it's OK for companies to treat their employees like dirt.

You’re in the wrong thread bro. No one is making Strawman arguments for bad companies here. If you have nothing to add but whining go hit one of the countless threads of posters screaming at each other

You’re in the wrong thread bro. No one is making Strawman arguments for bad companies here. If you have nothing to add but whining go hit one of the countless threads of posters screaming at each other

What are some of your favorite manufacturers? I think identifying retail and tech companies are there easiest ones to identify as being good to their employees.

For me one off the top of my head is 3M. They general offer competitive wages and benefits, no matter where their factories are located.

Last edited:
Chik Filet or however its spelled

Closed on Sundays, good product.

INTEL won this thread, coolest company name too.

As long as you're cool with Zionism.

francis.png

The Joos?! I'm not, but I probably "owe" them something tbh if today's social justice metrics are anything to go by. There just hasn't been a stronger case made for any other company ITT. It's the most important company in the most important manufacturing industry of the United States. And it also turns out...

BI: 15 Major Companies That Treat Employees Well, Value Their Customers, And Put Their Communities First

#1. Texas Instruments in second place, @SBJJ.

A bit of an amusing note on there though.

francis.png

The Joos?! I'm not, but I probably "owe" them something tbh if today's social justice metrics are anything to go by. There just hasn't been a stronger case made for any other company ITT. It's the most important company in the most important manufacturing industry of the United States. And it also turns out...

BI: 15 Major Companies That Treat Employees Well, Value Their Customers, And Put Their Communities First

#1. Texas Instruments in second place, @SBJJ.

The state of Israel.
It's funny that the tech companies are given the top rankings though.
Sure, they're not Bayer, Monsanto, Nestle, Philip Morris, Union Carbide, De Beers, Rio Tinto, BP, Shell, Exxon, Halliburton, United Fruit/Chiquita or James Hardie.
I guess it's relative...

Here in Canada Costco treats their employees pretty well too from what I hear. Not union but might as well be.
They were the first company I thought of after reading the title.

But they do not offer the lowest price. COST beats them

I am a Costco member. I left Sam's Club as soon as the Costco came to town because of their more ethical business model.

But I have seen better laptop and furniture prices, for example, on Amazon than on the Costco site. Food prices are usually close to lowest at Costco but only if you are in a position to buy and store in bulk.

Back