Companies that go above & Beyond

I hear TI is good also

Absolutely.

The vast majority of the industry is generally good, and invaluable to the country. ON and Microchip are headquartered where I'm at and are top notch, Micron doesn't have the greatest rep for employee management though and there was a bit of a controversy with an AMD partnership in China that cuts a little too close to comfort on matters of national security.

Basically AMD will still maintain a majority stake in CHMT. THATIC owns a majority stake in Hygon, which licenses AMD's IP from CHMT. Hygon designs the chips, and CHMT manufactures them before sending back to Hygon for packaging, marketing, and sales. It could be worse, the copycats will hurt Intel's business in China's lucrative data center market though.

There's a reason Trump has been striking down every single attempted Chinese acquisition of our semiconductor firms, it's a no-go zone flat out. Fuck off with that and get your own shit up if you want to compete, new jack. America invented and spawned this industry.

image.png

image.png

I try to drink a lot of Fairlife milk because it lactose free, and tout they treat their animals great. I also buy Perdue Chicken because they claim the same things, cage free, no hormones etc, etc. Fairlife is apparently under the Coca Cola umbrella

The Mens' Club is better

You’re outchur mind awww Christ

Men’s club is the most overpriced boring hens nest full of 35 year old mothers of 3 with fake tits and bad game

Michaels international is like little Tijuana

Anything goes, dollar beers, good fight atmosphere like canelo ggg, goat Dj and music, last but not least lively Latin women ages 20-25 that are good at their hustle with genuine enthusiasm and charm. And christ do they bounce
I dare you to respond sir.

You’re outchur mind awww Christ

Men’s club is the most overpriced boring hens nest full of 35 year old mothers of 3 with fake tits and bad game

Michaels international is like little Tijuana

Anything goes, dollar beers, good fight atmosphere like canelo ggg, goat Dj and music, last but not least lively Latin women ages 20-25 that are good at their hustle with genuine enthusiasm and charm. And christ do they bounce
I dare you to respond sir.

Well anything is better than Scores Houston

Well anything is better than Scores Houston

Vivid has been decent for my crew lately due to a friend being a manager and basically commanding employees to give us free drinks and other stuff. Lol

Never been to scores. Sounds explosive

You misread it. Those are from the neo-liberal approved list.

@SBJJ told me that I do business with those places, even though I never said I did. Since I do business with those places I should not advocate for workers rights.

With the way the US economy is built, it's extremely important that consumers make good behavior profitable, and exploitation unprofitable. We've been failing woefully at this task for a long time.

The majority of US consumers are living paycheck to paycheck. They do not have the luxury of "voting" with their dollar. Instead they, by necessity, can only be concerned with how far they can stretch every dollar.

Corporations like Walmart and Amazon can continue to mistreat and underpay their workers as long as they can offer the lowest prices on goods to those exploited workers. They will never have to fear retaliatory boycotts. This is a formidable firewall that exists within the capitalist system.

This is an interesting concept actually. By its very nature capitalism does not promote worker welfare and high employee wages. Instead it tends to find an equilibrium toward the low end of the spectrum but slightly higher as the lower you go the lower the quality goes. Corporations will always, ALWAYS, pay as little as they can get away with. The only difference between the ones being listed as good and the ones listed as bad is the "good" ones have determined some value added by treating their employees slightly(or drastically) better than the competitor. If Costco's sales take a dump the CEOs are not taking a pay cut and will not be the first ones laid off.
I do support the idea of supporting corporations with better reputations but im cynical about the true nature of those intentions. Amazon could afford to triple every employees salary without taking anything resembling a financial hit but nothing like that will ever be on the agenda.

@SBJJ told me that I do business with those places, even though I never said I did. Since I do business with those places I should not advocate for workers rights.

No. I think instead of wailing on a karate forum you should research good businesses and spend your dollars there

Up to u bro. Just keep bitching on this forum if u think that makes a difference

Anyway this thread is not for whiners. It’s for forum members to discuss those corporations that are doing the right thing

The majority of US consumers are living paycheck to paycheck. They do not have the luxury of "voting" with their dollar. Instead they, by necessity, can only be concerned with how far they can stretch every dollar.

Corporations like Walmart and Amazon can continue to mistreat and underpay their workers as long as they can offer the lowest prices on goods to those exploited workers. They will never have to fear retaliatory boycotts. This is a formidable firewall that exists within the capitalist system.

But they do not offer the lowest price. COST beats them

This is an interesting concept actually. By its very nature capitalism does not promote worker welfare and high employee wages. Instead it tends to find an equilibrium toward the low end of the spectrum but slightly higher as the lower you go the lower the quality goes. Corporations will always, ALWAYS, pay as little as they can get away with. The only difference between the ones being listed as good and the ones listed as bad is the "good" ones have determined some value added by treating their employees slightly(or drastically) better than the competitor. If Costco's sales take a dump the CEOs are not taking a pay cut and will not be the first ones laid off.
I do support the idea of supporting corporations with better reputations but im cynical about the true nature of those intentions. Amazon could afford to triple every employees salary without taking anything resembling a financial hit but nothing like that will ever be on the agenda.

Read up on Jim Sinegal. Former CEO of COST. Then compare him to Bezos.

It’s shocking

Corporations will always, ALWAYS, pay as little as they can get away with. The only difference between the ones being listed as good and the ones listed as bad is the "good" ones have determined some value added by treating their employees slightly(or drastically) better than the competitor.
Isn't that a little bit circular?

Great thread. It's the bad things that catch my attention most so I'm more of a boycotter than a loyal shopper. Trying to put Amazon in the rearview mirror but sometimes the price and convenience is irresistible. :oops:

There's companies out there doing workplace surveys and ranking the desirability of employers. Not sure where those get publicized.

Great thread. It's the bad things that catch my attention most so I'm more of a boycotter than a loyal shopper. Trying to put Amazon in the rearview mirror but sometimes the price and convenience is irresistible. :oops:

There's companies out there doing workplace surveys and ranking the desirability of employers. Not sure where those get publicized.

Glassdoor and Indeed are 2 good websites

No. I think instead of wailing on a karate forum you should research good businesses and spend your dollars there

Up to u bro. Just keep bitching on this forum if u think that makes a difference

Anyway this thread is not for whiners. It’s for forum members to discuss those corporations that are doing the right thing

Most people have no problem supporting companies that treat their employees fairly. I would say for the average American, they are more concerned about paying bills.

Also most people aren't going to pretend that the free market is going to fix the problem with companies treating their employees like crap. Workers rights in America lack, the issue needs to be addressed.

I say good on any company that is concerned about their employees standard of living. Piss on anyone that wants to make up strawman arguments about why it's OK for companies to treat their employees like dirt.

Back