Companies that go above & Beyond

They are dirty competitors, but Autodesk has some good perks. They do a forced 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years worked there.

Also, good thread.

With the way the US economy is built, it's extremely important that consumers make good behavior profitable, and exploitation unprofitable. We've been failing woefully at this task for a long time.
This is where we agree. I use most of my shopping to patronize local stores or places like Costco that treat their employees better.
Yew I could save at Walmart or seiyu but me saving a bit means that others don't make as much.
We really forgot that. Cheap prices have costs that in many ways far outweigh what you saved.

I also don't like companies like Amazon that shop around for tax savings. It's disgusting and really low imho

Btw, this thread just made me ask why Costco doesn't have a commercial telling people to support their business practices by shopping at Costco. Allot of people don't know about them.

The fact that we all have to struggle to think of the "good companies" says the good companies have done a piss poor job of telling people about their good actions.

Yeah, I hear about charity donations all the time. No one believes that these companies are doing that for anything but good PR, or that it makes any meaningful difference.

Want real good PR corporate America? Tell us everytime you give your employees a raise.

Maybe that's what they have been doing, and it is also why you are still waiting to hear from them.

Bayer/Monsanto, they can now sow the seed of cancer with carcinogens they spray on our food and then sell expensive drugs to combat cancer.

Talk about synergy!

Btw, this thread just made me ask why Costco doesn't have a commercial telling people to support their business practices by shopping at Costco. Allot of people don't know about them.

The fact that we all have to struggle to think of the "good companies" says the good companies have done a piss poor job of telling people about their good actions.

Yeah, I hear about charity donations all the time. No one believes that these companies are doing that for anything but good PR, or that it makes any meaningful difference.

Want real good PR corporate America? Tell us everytime you give your employees a raise.

Wasn't the movie Idiocracy all the publicity they really needed? Well that and Employee of the Month . . . :)

I thought Trader Joe's was pretty good, but I just looked up their wages... not great.

Almost no place is, lol. Corporate America is committing slow genocide on the working class.

A lot are good but there are bad ones out there still. Like that factory from Burlington that makes coats. Sweatshop it sounds like.

At&t treats me well but I still wouldn't pay for their service.

It’s a bit more than the others(minus V) but I’m ok with their service. And their coverage in my area is good

Here in Canada Costco treats their employees pretty well too from what I hear. Not union but might as well be.

When COST merged(bought) Price Club many of the Price Clibs were Union. They didn’t even fight it just kept those stores Union. But they treat their employees all the same

COST does not advertise. Their main goal is to keep the costs of their goods down. An advertising budget would eat into that

In N Out, Chik Fil A. Mmmm mmmm.

I can't stand the owners politics and beliefs. But it has to be said that Chick-Fil-A does a great job with their employees. They pay their employees more, and you can see it's worth it. The quality of individual working there is a notch above most other fast food places. And whenever people give them shit on film, they handle themselves with dignity and grace.

I remember this asshat lighting into a drive through clerk and was just so impressed with how she handled it.

The way she just calmly and pleasantly, yet respectfully says, 'I disagree'- Damn, i wish we taught that in schools. That was a young adult schooling a mature adult right there.

FYI that clown got fired from a pretty lucrative job for this. And what's really crazy is this was like 5-6 years ago or something. At the time this dudes behavior was considered way out of line. But I bet now loads of people with just think, 'What's the BFD'.

Last edited:
COST does not advertise. Their main goal is to keep the costs of their goods down. An advertising budget would eat into that

I would settle for a guerilla social media campaign.

What do those cost, like 50k?

(I maybe a paid poster)

I would settle for a guerilla social media campaign.

What do those cost, like 50k?

(I maybe a paid poster)

Shits not really a bad idea. I really think good companies need to be highlighted and bad companies need to be shamed

Patagonia is the one that stands out to me.
They make great clothes and outdoor gear with an ethic I respect; that is, it is all high quality made to last as long as possible, not thrown out and replaced. They even have repair workshops and techs that will repair your gear for free and teach you how to, as well.
Their founder, Yvon Chouinard, is a great man and they treat their employees well and understand that a company must make money, but also has other responsibilities. They are environmentally conscious and do everything they can to make themselves and their products sustainable.
I’m happy to pay the premium for their gear and clothes, as I respect the company and I know it is built to last.

Not Statefarm, they love fucking their employees.

Do they?

I’ve heard FedEx is a horrible company to work for. Folks I knew that worked for them always bemoaned the fact that they didn’t work for UPS, but I’ve never heard anyone from UPS wish they worked for FedEx.
So, if you are shipping anything, maybe choose UPS

Michaels international Chicas locas
Houston’s finest gentleman’s club

Back