Companies that go above & Beyond

SBJJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know many companies do not pass much of that pie to their workers/employees. And I am in no way condoning the government forcing companies to do more than they do

But as the consumers of these corporations I do think we bear some responsibility to try our best to give our dollars to the better companies out there

What companies are fair to their employees? Where should we spend our dollars

I shop mostly at Costco and they are an extremely loyal company to their employees. Great health coverage and a good 401k plan

I am a vegetarian but when the wife wants a burger I will wait in the line at In n Out. Higher pay scale than other joints

I use ATT for cell service because they pay a bit more to their employees. Even though I want to fire bomb their corporate headquarters every time I get their bill

I’ve also heard P&G treats their employees well

Do you guys have any companies/corporations you would say go above & beyond?

Amazon, wal-mart, Wells Fargo, bank of America. All the places on my liberal approved list.

Last edited:
At&t treats me well but I still wouldn't pay for their service.

Costco, Qdoba, Intel, Nike, Google come to mind

Here in Canada Costco treats their employees pretty well too from what I hear. Not union but might as well be.

Also, good thread.

With the way the US economy is built, it's extremely important that consumers make good behavior profitable, and exploitation unprofitable. We've been failing woefully at this task for a long time.

Btw, this thread just made me ask why Costco doesn't have a commercial telling people to support their business practices by shopping at Costco. Allot of people don't know about them.

The fact that we all have to struggle to think of the "good companies" says the good companies have done a piss poor job of telling people about their good actions.

Yeah, I hear about charity donations all the time. No one believes that these companies are doing that for anything but good PR, or that it makes any meaningful difference.

Want real good PR corporate America? Tell us everytime you give your employees a raise.

That's what I've heard.

Also, PepsiCo has historically been FAR more ethical than Coca-Cola.
I'd take your word for it over most on these forums. And I agree 100% when you say we should make good behavior profitable. Seeing what Bezos makes compared to the people who help make him those billions is a little disheartening. Amazon could pay their employees double and give them benefits and they would still profit large.

Costco, Qdoba, Intel, Nike, Google come to mind

I don't know if any corporation could be described as "above and beyond" but Intel is a serious net-positive force for good in the United States in myriad ways. It starts with being the biggest dog in the most critical industry to America's economic and national security. They engineer and manufacture the most complex technology on the planet and do the vast majority of their semiconductor fabrication (75%+) stateside, directly employing or supporting 500,000 jobs. It's America's largest high-technology capital expenditure investor and third largest investor in global R&D. Not to mention the low key local community presence for STEM education in public schools, which I can vouch for first hand.

Also, good thread.

With the way the US economy is built, it's extremely important that consumers make good behavior profitable, and exploitation unprofitable. We've been failing woefully at this task for a long time.

I'm iffy on this one. "Behavior" is not a good business model for an actual physical product.

It is an incredible business model for social media apparently.

Back