Opinion Companies that are supporting blm. Boycott anyone?

that is my hope. I have boycotted Nike for years and after years of not buying ben and Jerry, I relapsed but that is now a permanent ban for me. And others are to come. Not sure I can do amazon, though to be honest
This is what gets you to boycott those companies? Being too "woke"? You don't see any problems maybe? I'm wondering if you also boycott companies for downright evil practices or is it just the things that hurt your feelings?

Boycotting a company because of a stance they've taken only feeds into the idea that it matters what they think.

it's not like these companies really believe the message
it's pr cause it was deemed to be good from an earnings pov
you'd have to be a pretty big tard to believe those blm grifters stands for any social justice

I don’t know why anyone would boycott a company for saying Black Lives Matter, mourning murder victims and increasing charitable donations. None of these companies has done anything objectionable by my estimation, so no boycott.

The unfortunate leap in logic is in tying any support for black lives matter to support for every radical group that also believes that black lives matter. Somewhere along the way I believe this tactic is just cover for the sad belief that black lives don’t matter, that it’s better to rationalize the murder of American by police officers, to the point that there’s now fan fiction about the Breonna Taylor murder circulating. Either way, not joining the losing team on this one.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of snowflakes in this thread.

I already boycott Adidas because of Reebok's relationship with the UFC.

I started boycotting Uber Eats because they kept fees for non-black owned businesses while removing fees for black owned businesses. Seriously, prices should be same for everyone know matter what their race is. I can't even believe that's legal. So I also boycott Uber, and use Lyft instead.

Oh man, I just looked at the rest of that list. There almost nothing that is not included
Almost every corporation has bent the knee to the craziness. Hell even video games were delayed and messages put into them regarding the BLM garbage.

We live in a economy based society so boycott is the only way to make a statement.
Those companies are trying to follow trending topic in order to help their sell.
If something is seen as unprofitable, they will stop it and try something more profitable.
Thats why you have to dislike and/or boycott whatever doesnt suit your agenda and hope many will do as you do.
The silent majority has to make some noise.

Almost every corporation has bent the knee to the craziness. Hell even video games were delayed and messages put into them regarding the BLM garbage.

I know. Activision shut down all their games for a few hours and now display the message.

This is what gets you to boycott those companies? Being too "woke"? You don't see any problems maybe? I'm wondering if you also boycott companies for downright evil practices or is it just the things that hurt your feelings?

I have boycotted a few companies for such practices. I quit buying nike years ago after the latest sweat shop issues. I don’t eat tuna for reasons involving dolphins and a few others

I have boycotted a few companies for such practices. I quit buying nike years ago after the latest sweat shop issues. I don’t eat tuna for reasons involving dolphins and a few others
It seems like empty virtue signalling should be very low on the ladder of reasons to boycott a company.

It seems like empty virtue signalling should be very low on the ladder of reasons to boycott a company.

It was meant as a discussion. Some people probably are not aware of how many companies have money to this ridiculous group out of pressure or be labeled as racist. I respect the companies that did not cave, the few that refused. Ben and Jerry’s flat out said they wanted the dismantling of all police and I will never buy any of their shit again. So not empty, it’s just that there are few options that are legitimate once you see all the companies that have money thst was used to line the pockets of the leaders of this group and bail out rioters

Feeling pretty good as I don’t use any of that commercial garbage anyway.

That you Amazon, you’re cool.

I stopped watching the NBA decades ago due to lack of interest and I never got into baseball. NFL won't be on my TV as I watched football to escape the BS of life, not see it played out in front of me during pre-game wamup.

Not sprecifically, but I did switch to doordash when ubereats did theri no delivery fees for black owned businesses.

That seemed wrong

If there's a solid competitor to switch to, sure. I stopped playing Blizzard video games when they took a political stance against a free hong kong. (Then I started playing again when covid hit cause I'm pretty sure most of their staff are dead now anyway)

I don't buy gilette's products anymore either. Plenty of other cheaper razors that work just as well without lecturing me on how to be a feminist ally.

The one that backfired for me was burger king, when they came out with their depression/mental disorder campaign. A lot of people got offended by that, but eating your way through depression with shitty fast food makes perfect sense to me.

BK_Real_Meals.png

Back