Compact, Lace-up Sparring Gloves?

BrokenNose

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What are some good lace-up sparring gloves that aren't too big?

The only thing holding me back from buying those $39.99 Ringsides is the size. I really like the Gorilla Apemans, but those are velcro.

It seems like most of them are very big and bulky, at least in my opinion.

Any options?

I don't recall seeing compact lace-ups. TopTen makes a well-reviewed compact glove. The Shevlin gloves FightScience recommends don't look too big from what I've seen.

I actually have those, and did a pretty in-depth review on them. Definitely not suitable for sparring.

I'll check out those Top Ten and Shevlin, thanks.

Sorry, didn't even look at the description, Ringside even says they are no good for sparring, my bad.

Top Ten doesn't make lace up sparring gloves, but i've read shevlin will make whatever you want

Jesus christ bananas. Shevlin's look promising.

Those might be what I'm going for now...

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention the TopTen's are H&L's. MANY APOLOGIES

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/gloves-should-i-buy-1363319/#post43700207

[email protected]
Email Mona at Shevlin and ask about the "extra rubber padded training gloves, 16oz"
Mention my name, Ben Pettit. That will get you the price of $75 a pair.

Their gloves are usually very soft, but they can add an extra layer of 3/4" sponge rubber padding in the glove. This helps the gloves retain shape when used for both sparring and bagwork aswell.

American made. Any colors you want. Custom made to order.

Ok. I am pretty much dead set on Shevlins now. It'll be a mix of Gorillas and Grants.

I think if I like them a whole lot, I'll try going for headgear with the face protector bar.

Great! Be sure to let FightScience know: I'm sure he'd be more than pleased.

And post a review up for us! I've never even heard the name until Fight brought it up, so my interest is definitely piqued.

Jesus christ bananas. Shevlin's look promising.

Those might be what I'm going for now...

The deal is:
If you tell Mona at Shevlin that you were referred by me (Ben Pettit) you will get a 15% discount off of their normal retail price.
Limited time offer.
(btw I'm not a Shevlin salesman. I am just trying to help rid the world of cheap $36 everlasts from chain sporting good stores.
They do shin guards now aswell. They offer velcro closure or buckle closure, any size any color.

Last edited:
Back