Commonly Held Beliefs that You Don't Agree With

Fair enough. I'll rewatch soon. Just going off memory I couldn't recall. I still don't believe he has the paper chin that people here say though.

Here's the problem with Reem:

1. He's a monster of a man.
2. He's a high level striker.
3. He has great takedowns and takedown defense.
4. He has a solid chin (glass chin is a myth).
5. He has heart (being a quitter is a myth; I know this because I started a thread on it once and was told in no uncertain terms that he's never quit; every time he's be knocked out he was getting hammered with stuff that would put anyone out).

BUT... he has 14 losses, 9 by KO.

Because even the perfect fighter, like Reem clearly is, can get caught... 9 times.

That CM Punk is gonna suck in his first fight.

If Jon Jones was 2 inches shorter with 2 inch less reach he'd be working at a chuck e cheeze.

dude just ragdolls everyone he fights with unprecedented height and reach advantage. I don't think one fighter in history has watched his fights and thought "why didn't I think of that!"

1) Conor has bad cardio and he lost because of this.

I think Conor's cardio, as an A level athlete is really good (f. i three high-paced rounds with Holloway) . I think Conor lost because he wasn't prepared for Nate's onslaught. He hadn't been hit so much for a long time, and he gassed because of panic, not because of cardio issues. I know from my training room, that If you are not mentally prepared to get hit, you lose your energy 100 times faster than normal.

2) Sage Northcutt has an awesome potential, but he's young and he'll be better in a few years.

Sage's an athlete, not a fighter. I see his future as getting cut. People started to adore him because of his looks and athleticism, but what they don't see is a low quality fighter. There's a lot of 20-23 year old fighters with so much better potential.

That conor has a bad ground game

He may have been suceptiable in his early days but most high level strikers are.

He's been subbed once in the ufc against a brilliant ground fighter in Nate Diaz.

He reminds me of anderson in the mendes fight, where he controlled the damage for the most part except a few elbows and worked his way back to his feet.

I don't think I can agree with you OP.

Overeem and Arlovski get rocked when people sneeze in their general direction.

That other than certain top stars, the UFC “hypes” certain fighters.

That the UFC cares who wins a fight or wants as the champ.

Bisping-Hamil wasn't a robbery. Everyone talks about that fight as if it's a foregone conclusion that it was the worst robbery in the sport's history. I think this is an instance of people being blinded by hate. I'm a bit of a Bisping hater myself, but I think he clearly won that fight 29-28. Sherdog and FightMetric also scored it for Bisping 29-28. The controversy seemed unfounded.

He obviously didn't help his cause with his behavior after the fight, though.

That reach is VERY VERY VERY important.

I don't think reach matters as much as people claim, within reason. Statistics I've posted a zillion times on here indicate that below a 4 inch difference things are pretty negligible (2 inches each arm). Even beyond that, you can still have a competitive fight. And fighters with shorter reaches win more decisions, probably because they are more wrestling centric and are more active either swarmers or moving in/out.

A commonly held belief is that Demetrius Mighty Mouse Johnson is a boring fighter to watch.

I wholeheartedly disagree! He is one of the most fun fighters to watch. The reason being when he fights, it is the most technical most highest level mixed martial arts we are seeing today! We are witnessing the evolution of the sport. To me it's absolutely amazing! If you don't like it, its because you don't get it IMO!

1) Conor has bad cardio and he lost because of this.

I think Conor's cardio, as an A level athlete is really good (f. i three high-paced rounds with Holloway) . I think Conor lost because he wasn't prepared for Nate's onslaught. He hadn't been hit so much for a long time, and he gassed because of panic, not because of cardio issues. I know from my training room, that If you are not mentally prepared to get hit, you lose your energy 100 times faster than normal.

2) Sage Northcutt has an awesome potential, but he's young and he'll be better in a few years.

Sage's an athlete, not a fighter. I see his future as getting cut. People started to adore him because of his looks and athleticism, but what they don't see is a low quality fighter. There's a lot of 20-23 year old fighters with so much better potential.

I don't like or dislike Conor, but I will say that I thought a combination of him blowing his wad AND being hurt by Diaz's 1-2 caused him to lose.

Back