Commonly Held Beliefs that You Don't Agree With

jlj49er

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I believe I did this thread years ago, but it's worth revisiting.

What are some of the more popular MMA ideas/"facts" that you don't agree with? For example:

1. I can't remember Overeem ever being ko'd or even rocked when he wasn't gassed. I don't recall him ever being ko'd by a single shot. I don't agree with the theory that he has a bad chin but once his cardio fades his defense fails and he gets caught with combinations.

2. Arlovski doesn't have a bad chin. He stood up to Rumble power. Every time I remember him being ko'd it was a counter that he didn't see coming. Every time he was being over aggressive.

Conor doesn't suck.

Bisping has neither a glass chin nor pillow fists.

I don't believe praying before or after a fight changes shit!

I don't believe Kenny said half the shit sherdog said he did.

I believe I did this thread years ago, but it's worth revisiting.

What are some of the more popular MMA ideas/"facts" that you don't agree with? For example:

1. I can't remember Overeem ever being ko'd or even rocked when he wasn't gassed. I don't recall him ever being ko'd by a single shot. I don't agree with the theory that he has a bad chin but once his cardio fades his defense fails and he gets caught with combinations.

2. Arlovski doesn't have a bad chin. He stood up to Rumble power. Every time I remember him being ko'd it was a counter that he didn't see coming. Every time he was being over aggressive.

In overeems last loss alone he was rocked 2 minutes into the fight and Ko'd in the 3rd minute.

Also, sergei one punched him through the ropes

Cody Garbrandt is the future of the bantamweight division. ( Mainly because if that carney beats Dom Cruz.....I'll die)

Totally agree. Made a thread about this once. If you actually look at the way AA usually loses, it's primarily a striking defense issue.

People really do send jacking-off pics to Bethe Correia

In overeems last loss alone he was rocked 2 minutes into the fight and Ko'd in the 3rd minute.

Also, sergei one punched him through the ropes

Fair enough. I'll rewatch soon. Just going off memory I couldn't recall. I still don't believe he has the paper chin that people here say though.

Completely agree with this, he always gets caught coming in or with an unexpected strike, such as Fedor's counter or Overeem's karate kid kick

Miesha Tate and Gina Carano are "hot"

That's right. I don't take it back.

That Bethe is an alright looking woman due to her ass. I find her pretty damn ugly and dont even care for her whole lower body. There I said it!!

1. I don't recall him ever being ko'd by a single shot.
bobbyhoffmankoovereem.gif

And most of his KO losses have been in the first round. Chuck and both Shogun KOs were like 3 minutes into the fight.

Miesha Tate and Gina Carano are "hot"

That's right. I don't take it back.

I dont find Miesha Tate even a little bit "hot". Gina Carano, on the other hand, was beautiful.

That the whole sport has all of a sudden shifted into the "money fight era". The only thing that changed is Conor taking a couple goofy fights at 170, and Woodley tried to get GSP or Nick Diaz.

This is pretty minor shit, and is nothing new. GSP fighting Diaz a few years ago was blatantly a money fight, Diaz was coming off a loss but they made that fight because they knew it would sell 1 million ppvs. BJ Penn moved up to fight a Diaz.

There will always be a handful of people who can draw independent of the belt, and everyone else will need to climb the ranks to become big sellers.

I don't believe that the Republican and Democratic parties are actually different parties.

I dont find Miesha Tate even a little bit "hot". Gina Carano, on the other hand, was beautiful.

Miesha has a shnoz that says "maybe I could actually fuck this girl". It's a turn on.

Back