Common cold and bjj

Zedsdead

White Belt
Reaction score
How many days do you guys reccomend taking off bjj if u get a cold. Main concerns being giving a partner the cold and lengthening recovery time due to intense training.

Take however much time you need to no longer have the visible symptoms. Don't be that asshole who gets your training partners sick.

Don;t go to school sick out of courtesy for others.

I always go train when i feel a little better , and than it gets worse again ....
So i'd say sick it out first, or roll really light and with people you don't like.

Unfortunately, I'm often subject to colds, during this last autumn-winter I remember taking like 5-6 of them, luckily not that badly.

What I usually do is taking off AT LEAST 3-4 days, or sometimes even a week considering how I feel, to be sure to avoid fall backs or passing it to others.

But on the other hand colds are my kryptonite, others could recover a lot sooner, you should see how you personally feel after two days.

Buy a good multivitamin i started taking them and it seriously helps .

It's not going to kill you to stay out of the gym for a few days. Especially if you have professional fighters you train with. A lot of these guys can't afford to get sick.

about two days after your snot goes clear to be safe.

DO NOT be the guy that trains sick and gets everyone else sick. Ya it sucks, but take a few days off until you feel better.

Back