Commodore 64

The Sid chip on this machine was incredible and is still used by enthusiasts today.

I remember playing beach head 2, world games, Summer games and 2, decathlon (that joystick wiggling with your mates was awesome) ah the great memory's .

Amiga had better graphics and a 3.5 drive,
never seen one work though.

Never had an A500 or A600 Amiga break down, myself. But I have seen the desktop box / standard computer form factor ones fail. (mostly A3000s). I never had one though.

My Amiga was solid as fuck.

I think I chucked my Atari ST out.

Pool of Radiance was my first RPG experience. I already knew what D&D was but I was not prepared for all the immersion. I got into that game so deep I spent hours trying to survive, just to be able to level up. It was so hard and buggy, there was very little hand holding and the quests were very vague. You could pick quests on the city board and just go wandering hoping to solve them (or not, most likely).

At some point, I got stuck and could not go further in the questline. I had to survive a battle with vampires (or wights, can't remember) but they would absorb your LVL with every hit. Then a major bug happened: when two of my characters' level were absorbed passed 0, they went backward to LVL 99. These two characters were multi-class half-elf, one fighter/cleric/mage the other fighter/mage/thief

I just had to survive and flee with one character and revive the dead to have two fully leveled multi-class characters to help me get through the rest of the game. I would never have made it further without these overpowered characters, it was just too hard. After that, I spent hours going through the game every way possible, trying to solve every quest until finally meeting the final boss, which was easy with two super-heroes in my party.

This was my first introduction to power gaming, back in 1988.

Wimp.

I got through Death Knights of Krynn and you haven't seen pain until you have a level where you get attacked every step and then get attacked every time you sleep. I remember I had to do some ridiculous inventive shit involving potions. Whenever I hit a game stage which is trying to exhaust and fuck with me, I think Death Knights!

It was the first computer we had in our house.
Came with Batman and Ghost Busters on the 5 inch floppies.
Good times.

My mom bought me a commodore 64C in like 1987 I think, I wanted it because my uncle had a C64, but soon after I got it he went and blew like 4 grand on an Amiga that blew it and NES/Sega away I loved the games on both though. Also remember the Vic 20 but I was like 6-7 years old then.

Back