comments abot street fighting vs mma

Kimbo Slice was a pretty well known street fighter. He did great in MMA.

Oh wait...

Rotzee did you really make a video of the fight team in response to someone commenting on the students?

your dad is old and will never understand how badass real fighters are. Unless of course you kicked his old ass! :icon_evil

I got my money on the old man, if he gets a paw on the kid the fight is done ya dig?

But the safe bet is the old timer gives the kid the "if you're feeling froggy than leap" look and the kid doesn't make a move......

Whats yoru point..what the fuck does that have to do with whether or not training helps you when street fighting? Anyone can get blind sided in a car wreck but that doesn't mean some one who's never driven a car before is better off on a freeway than a professional driver.

Lol I'M THE ONE being e-tough...lol..you were telling me just about anyone can knock me out regardless of weather or not they trained.

and I quote:

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make about someone you've never met. I didn't say I was the baddest man on the planet..or that I can kick everyones ass..infact..the more I train..the more humble I become. But don't tell me BECAUSE I train....Joe schmo off the streets can knock me the fuck out simply based on the fact "Hes a street fighter" and "I train sports mma". Thats the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

Your right..the point is WE can't. So that means we are on equal grounds as far as eating asphalt and getting booted in the head goes. But some one that trains is going to have a better chance at not eating asphalt or eating boots than someone who doesn't. He will have better cardio, strength, speed, hand eye coordination, reflexes, and handle combat more comfortably than some one who does it once or twice a year. (if that)

Are you kiddin me? Lee Murray is a fucking professional fighter whos nickname is "Lightning"..what does that prove? He knocked out Tito ortiz because hes a fucking TRAINED FIGHTER. What does that have to do with your assertions that training mma doesn't help you with streetfighting..or that any joe schmo worth a damn can knock out a trained fighter?

I've been in this argument before...

If you want to talk about what other schools do..Fine..but don't generalize.

Fine..no one is saying Training makes you a better fighter than anyone else...it just makes YOU a better fighter. You are more prepared to fight an attacker If you train than if you don't.

You're arrogant. You're not humble. You feel I have somehow slighted you with these responses. We're not talking average Joe. Average Joe doesn't street fight at a high level.

You obviously have no awareness in the topic or situation you're involved with right now. Being a good competitor and being a good street fighter aren't really two things that go hand in hand. Tell me all about your cardio. Go ahead, go run 15 miles a day and due a ton of cardio training. When a fight is less than a minute where did all your cardio go? This isn't Never Back Down. This is real life.

As for Lee Murray, before MMA he was a well known street fighter. As well as Jorge Masvidal. These are guys who went from the streets into MMA. I know about Lee Murray, that's why I brought him up. He was fighting street fights LONG BEFORE he ever got into MMA.

What Lee Murray proved is that in MMA I highly doubt he'd put his neck out like that against Tito. He was in an open area and just blasted Tito. In the cage he would far more patient with a different mindset. Are you not grasping the situational differences?

As for the video, I don't really care. I haven't and probably won't watch it. As for being prepared for an attacker... It's all situational. In most situations your training means jack shit. Even though it's silly to say this, look at Bas Rutten videos. I wouldn't necessarily say everything in there is golden all the time. He does show the difference though in the thought process between prize fighting and street fighting. What you use, how to utilize movements, or things around you.

Ufile , just curious , what do you train?

I got my money on the old man, if he gets a paw on the kid the fight is done ya dig?

But the safe bet is the old timer gives the kid the "if you're feeling froggy than leap" look and the kid doesn't make a move......

Says the old guy! Pwn!

lulz!

J/K

Rotzee did you really make a video of the fight team in response to someone commenting on the students?

I'm always videoing and making videos for the site, that video was already made for something else...I just took the old video and added the text, why?

You're arrogant. You're not humble. You feel I have somehow slighted you with these responses. We're not talking average Joe. Average Joe doesn't street fight at a high level.

WTF is "High level street fighting" who are you, RYU?

You obviously have no awareness in the topic or situation you're involved with right now. Being a good competitor and being a good street fighter aren't really two things that go hand in hand.

Look, I've been in a few Bar fights, I've been in street fights literally on the street, I've been in highschool fights, I've been in competition fights, I've been in house fights...whats your point? Most people I know have been in a few fights in their life.

Tell me all about your cardio. Go ahead, go run 15 miles a day and due a ton of cardio training. When a fight is less than a minute where did all your cardio go? This isn't Never Back Down. This is real life.

Yeah, get in a fight with a guy in HIS house alone..and tell me whos going to break it up..then tell me you don't want cardio. What happens if its realer than a street fight and its some one that broke into your house.

As for Lee Murray, before MMA he was a well known street fighter. As well as Jorge Masvidal. These are guys who went from the streets into MMA. I know about Lee Murray, that's why I brought him up. He was fighting street fights LONG BEFORE he ever got into MMA.

Whats your point....Just because Allen Iverson played street ball before the NBA doesn't mean every Street baller is going to own a NBA guy in a one on one game.

What Lee Murray proved is that in MMA I highly doubt he'd put his neck out like that against Tito. He was in an open area and just blasted Tito. In the cage he would far more patient with a different mindset. Are you not grasping the situational differences?

I don't think you understand what I'm argueing..you keep creating strawmen arguments of my position and then attacking it. Do me a favor...State what my argument is so I can see if we are on the same page.

WTF is "High level street fighting" who are you, RYU?

Look, I've been in a few Bar fights, I've been in street fights literally on the street, I've been in highschool fights, I've been in competition fights, I've been in house fights...whats your point? Most people I know have been in a few fights in their life.

Yeah, get in a fight with a guy in HIS house alone..and tell me whos going to break it up..then tell me you don't want cardio. What happens if its realer than a street fight and its some one that broke into your house.

Whats your point....Just because Allen Iverson played street ball before the NBA doesn't mean every Street baller is going to own a NBA guy in a one on one game.

I don't think you understand what I'm argueing..you keep creating strawmen arguments of my position and then attacking it. Do me a favor...State what my argument is so I can see if we are on the same page.

/facepalm

I give up on you.

/facepalm

I give up on you.

Good..you haven't made any rational retorts to any of my assertions, you seem to just make up these arguments in your head and then argue them and then ask me why I don't get what crazy shit you talking about.

Let me make my point.

1. Training doesn't simulate every street scenario, but it does make you more prepared for ANY scenario than if you NEVER trained.

2. A guy with grappling or striking experience is going to have a BETTER chance in a street fight than a guy with NO experience.

3. A guy with GRAPPLING experience is going to usually be in a better position to apply / defend dirty tactics.

4. Not all dirty tactics work 100% of the time

5. Not all dirty tactics are easy to pull off

6. not all dirty tactics work on a person with adrenaline good enough to prevent your opponent from retaliating.

7. Everyone has equal opportunities to do dirty tactics or throw first punches...not everyone has equal training.

..There...that is as easy as I can make it for you.

For proof of truck drivers' (complete lack of) fighting skills, watch a couple of clips from Felony Fights :eek: How do people look so tough, and fight so comically?

For proof of truck drivers' (complete lack of) fighting skills, watch a couple of clips from Felony Fights :eek: How do people look so tough, and fight so comically?

Agreed. Those dude are freaking scary looking. Until they start throwing windmill punches and gas out after 20 seconds.

A lot of big or scary looking guys never have to fight, because they look intimidating, and people don't want to f*ck with them. Most of the bad asses I've known are smaller guys that do not look intimidating at all. People mess with them, because they don't look threatening and they've have had to defend themselves a lot more. One of my friends from the gym was telling me last week how he'd walk around the seedy parts of Bangkok real late at night, and that he had not problems. He's 6'3 or so and really big and scary looking. I was thinking to myself, "no sh*t".

=

i don't know, how good is your eyeballs with my thumbs in them while your playing with my balls.

LOL found that fucking hilarious !

Anyways dude of course training is better than none at all. Any kind of training whether its BJJ, Wrestling, Boxing even working out is going to give you an edge over someone that doesn't train. Of course anything can happen in a street fight, but don't be stupid. Training does help in street fights. If training BJJ or any training didn't help in street fights, why are we training our soldiers like the marines hand to hand combat skills. Why are the marines learning MCMAP.

Last edited:
UFile you have made possibly some of the stupidest points i've ever seen in a thread on Sherdog.

Congrats... thats hard to do.

What I learned from this thread:

Lee Murray knocking Tito Ortiz out PROVES that training sports MMA is useless somehow

Back