comments abot street fighting vs mma

teamventure09

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
i said that no tough guy is going to work their way up the ladder and be a champion fighter if they have never trained in their life, otherwise you'd have champion fighters who've never trained.

my ol man replied: that's cause the tough guy is busy doing something else like driving a truck and has no interest in fighting.

can someone make sense of this please?

hes just gonna counter any point you make with "a true tough guy would not fight mma, he would drive a truck"

No.
I wish I can have the time back I spent reading and replying to this though.

I thought that Tank Abbot had some wrestling background and used to train with Tito Ortiz during the first UFCs.

Your old man need to realise that MMA is now full of trained pro athletes.

He still thinks that MMA fighters are little nerdy skinny guys doing their MTA in their garage surrounded with kids.

he kept saying that there aint a horse that can't be road and aint a cowboy that can't be throwed. totally irrelivent to the conversation.

and i asked him if he thought an untrained tough guy could make it in mma and that's about all he said was the horse/cowboy thing or he'd ignore my question completely.

what kind of truck?

If he said monster truck I kind of get it.

I would counter with saying that all MMA fighters are 'tough guys'. Crop Cop used to be special forces, Paulo Thiago is the Brazilian SWAT team, Brain Stann either is active in the marine corps or just got out of it. Kennedy was army rangers, Palhares was raised on a farm and I know I am missing alot more

Besides any sport where you allow someone to punch you in the face makes you tough in my opinion. Truck Drivers just got to have some physical strength and an ability to go without sleep

I would counter with saying that all MMA fighters are 'tough guys'. Crop Cop used to be special forces, Paulo Thiago is the Brazilian SWAT team, Brain Stann either is active in the marine corps or just got out of it. Kennedy was army rangers, Palhares was raised on a farm and I know I am missing alot more

Besides any sport where you allow someone to punch you in the face makes you tough in my opinion. Truck Drivers just got to have some physical strength and an ability to go without sleep

that could be helpfull. i might try it if the conversation ever comes up again.

you could tell him a shaolin monk would totally kick any tough guy's ass but he wouldn't because he's too busy being a peaceful monk to fight...

oh and then he gets personal out of now where, after i stated that i was speaking from an observers standpoint and not a fighters, he said, "you'd get yer ass whooped!" after he had a few beers

You should take your old man to watch some MMA shows.

I like the troll this guy has going so far.

Let me get this straight. You are saying your Dad is an incoherent drunk, who cannot make a logical argument. Also you cannot figure out how to put together a counter argument to his foolishness.

Your trolling is obvious.

Back