Commentators:"Latifi didn't score after the take downs. Jones td's made the difference in the fight"

The fact that the TDs mattered completely different in different fights on the same night with the same judges tells you that the judges weren't actually paying any attention to what they were watching.

Probably playing on their phones or some shit.

Defending a takedown should give you a lot of points. 4th round was Reyes. Jon did what? Caught Reyes with some jabs and one good hook, while in the same round Reyes had him hurt and running.

Judges and commentators are just a big jumbled bag of crap in this sport. Every single person has a different interpretation of the rules

Ufc =wwe

Jones allowed to pulse and pay judges.

Fraud.

Defending a takedown should give you a lot of points. 4th round was Reyes. Jon did what? Caught Reyes with some jabs and one good hook, while in the same round Reyes had him hurt and running.
I want to agree with this sooo bad, but the counter-argument is that Dom did nothing after his initial outburst. What do you value more, damage or octagon control for most of the round? Most people will give it to Jones.

I don’t think it’s possible to beat Jones by a decision. Judges won’t do it unless it’s a complete beat down. So let’s wait until someone finishes him. It’s not impossible, Reyes was close.

It may as well be an unwritten rule that if you're fighting a dominant or popular champ, there's no victory by decision. Letting the clock run out is the same as getting KO'd.

Jones dominated and had the more impactful punches. He’s a general, Reyes was slumping and running. He’ll surely be feeling the ramifications of Jones genius tomorrow.

And still.......

If you truly believe this then you have almost no understanding of MMA. What an absolute moron

If you truly believe this then you have almost no understanding of MMA. What an absolute moron

Looks like Joe Soliz and I don’t need any lip from the likes of you.

Be gone trick.... And take your wishes with you. I live in reality, you live in the land of opinion. Cyber land, lmao. What a nerd. Oh man, so sad.

I love you like my bitch.

I don't think the Lafiti takedowns should have counted either(did nothing with them) but Jones TDs were even less effective than his. Reyes I think stayed on the mat for only a few seconds with no damage at all.

The inconsistency is really appalling.
I thought Latifi was landing a series of blows to BB’ rib cage ( boring I’ll admit, but still doing something in my eyes)

im not sure what “doing something” really means because it seems if the person is landing the same blow (to the rib) “it doesn’t count” .. maybe doing something” would be the more aesthetically pleasing elbows and punches to the face.

If you score a 'takedown', and the guy immediately gets back up to his feet, it's essentially a stuffed takedown and nothing more.

Christ, the athleticism with which Reyes was able to just power his way back up after Jones' panic wrestling counts even more than a sprawl IMO.

ANYONE who seriously thinks Jones won that fight is either brain damaged or has never trained a minute in his entire life.
Dude that statement is a bit of exaggeration. I have trained and no i dont have brain damage but i see Jones winning because Jones was never in trouble. Jones was coasting and whereas Reyes was pushed to the limits. Jones has set the bar way too high for people and thats why these performances feels lackluster.

Lewis lost.

Jones lost.

Me? I'm not paying for another UFC PPV for the foreseeable future. MAYBE Khabib/Ferguson, but the others are watered down enough for me to ignore until the highlight reels.

The UFC wanted to make Jones a God. Mission accomplished.

They've also soured a lot of viewers with their antics this year. Between the Cerrone dive and this corrupt judging, they're going to see a downtick in viewership numbers for a couple of months.
Yep Im cancelling fight pass and will keep my money. After the Cowboy shit show and now this pathetic corruption I'm just going to be a cunt back and stream and pass that stream onto dozens. Fuck em.

The whole fight, as usual, was very biased by the commentators.

The fight commentary reminded me of Cyborg vs Spencer. Every punch from Cyborg back then was ignored and they praised Spencers defense <Lmaoo> which resulted in a completey distorted commentary from what played out in the Octagon. Imo exactly the same here.

It feels like Joe literally gets a script by which he has to comment the fight no matter what happens. If the chosen looser attacks just applaud defensive maneuvers, footwork and effective countering....etc.

Its sad

Yep Im cancelling fight pass and will keep my money. After the Cowboy shit show and now this pathetic corruption I'm just going to be a cunt back and stream and pass that stream onto dozens. Fuck em.

ufc is blatantly oorrupt. they let jones get away with peds. im sure he failed more tests that the ufc swept under the rug

Actually Dominick Cruz clearly said he felt Latifi was robbed

I was watching history being made, how about you? What do the record books now say? Your opinion will never rival the record books.

Next question?
Appropriate username. You're just like a dog, you need to be told what to think and what to do, keep your head down while everyone looking down on you like a good obedient pet that you are. Don't act like hot shit man, you're the real bitch in here.

It's a great point for debate. I agree. Jones' takedowns were garbage and I never really felt reyes was down at all.

Appropriate username. You're just like a dog, you need to be told what to think and what to do, keep your head down while everyone looking down on you like a good obedient pet that you are. Don't act like hot shit man, you're the real bitch in here.

Haha, that’s very corny of you. About as weak of an attempt as Reyes.. Close but no cigar.
Be gone trick...

Back