Commentators:"Latifi didn't score after the take downs. Jones td's made the difference in the fight"

crocopteam

I don't need no belt!
@Green
Reaction score
How funny that all 3 were saying Latifi didn't do any damage (which he didn't, but at least he actually got a complete take down, a few of them) against Lewis when he took him down and therefore it shouldn't play much of a factor in the decision. And yet, after the fight they were praising how the take downs made the difference in the Jones fight.

WHAT TAKEDOWNS??

There weren't any where Reyes didn't get right back up. And this isn't about whether the judges should or shouldn't have scored it for Jones, it's about the commentators being so biased towards Jones.

In the Latifi\Lewis fight, they...especially Joe, were making a case for Lewis winning the fight even though Latifi had several take downs with at least several minutes of top control, but then argue that Jones won because of his take downs?

The whole fight, as usual, was very biased by the commentators.

Yes, Latifi had more effective takedowns against Lewis. He actually got him down and held him down. Judging sucks.

This is a good point. How do both fights get different results? Latifi did more with takedowns.

How funny that all 3 were saying Latifi didn't do any damage (which he didn't, but at least he actually got a complete take down, a few of them) against Lewis when he took him down and therefore it shouldn't play much of a factor in the decision. And yet, after the fight they were praising how the take downs made the difference in the Jones fight.

WHAT TAKEDOWNS??

There weren't any where Reyes didn't get right back up. And this isn't about whether the judges should or shouldn't have scored it for Jones, it's about the commentators being so biased towards Jones.

In the Latifi\Lewis fight, they...especially Joe, were making a case for Lewis winning the fight even though Latifi had several take downs with at least several minutes of top control, but then argue that Jones won because of his take downs?

The whole fight, as usual, was very biased by the commentators.

Made a difference in the judges eyes

If you listened to their post fight conversation, they spoke exceedingly about how jones didn't do anything after the takedowns and that they shouldn't be counted so heavily... and also should take notice how effectively Reyes got out.

I don't think the Lafiti takedowns should have counted either(did nothing with them) but Jones TDs were even less effective than his. Reyes I think stayed on the mat for only a few seconds with no damage at all.

The inconsistency is really appalling.

Jones dominated and had the more impactful punches. He’s a general, Reyes was slumping and running. He’ll surely be feeling the ramifications of Jones genius tomorrow.

And still.......

Takedowns or not Jones won round 4 and 5. Reyes was backing up constantly and kind of gassed. Jones turned it on and landed more strikes.

Round 2, I thought Reyes won but I think the judges gave it to Jones because one of his jabs really wobbled him.

Yeah Joe and Dom will say whatever fits their narrative even if it makes them look like complete hypocrites later on.

Yea the UFC keeps tripping over their own feet thinking we'll buy this sack of dog turds. I'm no casual so you can fuck right off mate.

They like big black.

It is what it is.

Lewis lost.

Jones lost.

Me? I'm not paying for another UFC PPV for the foreseeable future. MAYBE Khabib/Ferguson, but the others are watered down enough for me to ignore until the highlight reels.

The UFC wanted to make Jones a God. Mission accomplished.

They've also soured a lot of viewers with their antics this year. Between the Cerrone dive and this corrupt judging, they're going to see a downtick in viewership numbers for a couple of months.

Jones dominated and had the more impactful punches. He’s a general, Reyes was slumping and running. He’ll surely be feeling the ramifications of Jones genius tomorrow.

And still.......
This is about Jones supposed take downs. You saw Jones land more impactful shots after he got a take down?

What fight were you watching??

This is about Jones supposed take downs. You saw Jones land more impactful shots after he got a take down?

What fight were you watching??

I was watching history being made, how about you? What do the record books now say? Your opinion will never rival the record books.

Next question?

If you score a 'takedown', and the guy immediately gets back up to his feet, it's essentially a stuffed takedown and nothing more.

Christ, the athleticism with which Reyes was able to just power his way back up after Jones' panic wrestling counts even more than a sprawl IMO.

ANYONE who seriously thinks Jones won that fight is either brain damaged or has never trained a minute in his entire life.

Lewis lost.

Jones lost.

Me? I'm not paying for another UFC PPV for the foreseeable future. MAYBE Khabib/Ferguson, but the others are watered down enough for me to ignore until the highlight reels.

The UFC wanted to make Jones a God. Mission accomplished.

They've also soured a lot of viewers with their antics this year. Between the Cerrone dive and this corrupt judging, they're going to see a downtick in viewership numbers for a couple of months.

I agree. @NorrisB predicted the sport would be dead and he was correct.

I don’t think it’s possible to beat Jones by a decision. Judges won’t do it unless it’s a complete beat down. So let’s wait until someone finishes him. It’s not impossible, Reyes was close.

Back