Commentary was very fair, Admirable Reyes performance. 2,4,5 Jones after close rewatch.

KootenayKid

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Reyes is for real" - Rogan. The commentary was very good at pointing out all of Reyes' positives and how close of a fight it was. They were also very accurate in pointing out Jones improved boxing in the later rounds, and how his pressure was sapping Reyes' energy. Point out one thing they said that was that egregious? Honestly, I just watched it.

Rnd 1. Clear Reyes round.

Rnd 2. So close, most contentious round. Reyes w/ some good counters, a strong uppercut. Jones made Reyes miss a lot, that first flurry was almost completely misses, Jones had just slightly stronger body shots, strong side kick, some punches. Notable left hook he landed clean, catch the leg, left hand counter and several strong jabs. I watched this round 3 times. 10-9 Jones. I could understand 10-9 Reyes, but closer to 10-10 than a Reyes 10-9. Fight Metric didn't seem accurate with this round, seems like they counted a lot of blows that glanced off Jones gloves. It's not surprising that the round Reyes supposedly landed his most strikes is the one w/ the most obvious misses when you watch the replay.

Rnd 3. Solid Reyes round, Idk how Helwani thought THIS was the close round. Reyes with energy, attacked the legs most effectively in this round. Clean check hooks, solid straight punches, elbow off the break and better body shots, he was significantly slowing near the end of this one for sure.

Rnd 4. Reyes is tired and Jones just mixed it up better, his boxing started to look fast and crisp in these last two rounds.

Rnd 5. Clear Jones round Imo, like 4 but even more effective.

All in all we should be happy with the fight we got, good title fight. Both showed their skills and even some improvements on their game. Just because it's close doesn't mean you can't be impressed with both fighters, I'd like to see a rematch down the line.

Commentary was terrible.
Reyes get a hit.
Silent
Pokes get a hit
UHHHHHH!
AHHHHHH!

Same score I had. 1&3 clearly DR. 4&5 clearly Jon. Round 2 being the swing rd which I gave to Jon both live and on rewatch.

Commentary was terrible.
Reyes get a hit.
Silent
Pokes get a hit
UHHHHHH!
AHHHHHH!

There was a lot of praise for the counters he was landing, the uppercuts, the elbow. They were on top of the strikes each man landed, I seriously can't understand all the people saying this.

"This is the most I've seen Jones get hit in a long time."

I just cant see a case to give round 2 to Jones.
A tie at best a 10/9 to Reyes logically.

1 and 3 was clearly Reyes.
4 and 5 usual Pokes.

There was a lot of praise for the counters he was landing, the uppercuts, the elbow. They were on top of the strikes each man landed, I seriously can't understand all the people saying this.

"This is the most I've seen Jones get hit in a long time."
And that was all he got.
Plenty of times they had clear exchanges back and forth but they only comment on Pokes.

That's how I scored it last night, and got the same score on the rewatch.

Like you said, that second round is the real controversial one. I preferred Jones' patient, methodical scoring in the second half to Reyes' wild missing while occasionally scoring in the first half.

Good fight though. Probably gonna watch a third time.

"Reyes is for real" - Rogan. The commentary was very good at pointing out all of Reyes' positives and how close of a fight it was. They were also very accurate in pointing out Jones improved boxing in the later rounds, and how his pressure was sapping Reyes' energy. Point out one thing they said that was that egregious? Honestly, I just watched it.

Rnd 1. Clear Reyes round.

Rnd 2. So close, most contentious round. Reyes w/ some good counters, a strong uppercut. Jones made Reyes miss a lot, that first flurry was almost completely misses, Jones had just slightly stronger body shots, strong side kick, some punches. Notable left hook he landed clean, catch the leg, left hand counter and several strong jabs. I watched this round 3 times. 10-9 Jones. I could understand 10-9 Reyes, but closer to 10-10 than a Reyes 10-9. Fight Metric didn't seem accurate with this round, seems like they counted a lot of blows that glanced off Jones gloves. It's not surprising that the round Reyes supposedly landed his most strikes is the one w/ the most obvious misses when you watch the replay.

Rnd 3. Solid Reyes round, Idk how Helwani thought THIS was the close round. Reyes with energy, attacked the legs most effectively in this round. Clean check hooks, solid straight punches, elbow off the break and better body shots, he was significantly slowing near the end of this one for sure.

Rnd 4. Reyes is tired and Jones just mixed it up better, his boxing started to look fast and crisp in these last two rounds.

Rnd 5. Clear Jones round Imo, like 4 but even more effective.

All in all we should be happy with the fight we got, good title fight. Both showed their skills and even some improvements on their game. Just because it's close doesn't mean you can't be impressed with both fighters, I'd like to see a rematch down the line.

Couldn’t have said it better and I’m a Jones hater who looks for him to lose. In other posts I keep saying that I need to rewatch round 2. It felt like a Jones round at the end and I was surprised the striking stats were 27-21 Reyes. But to me it just seemed like Jones was more effective and in control. After losing round 1, you could see his urgency to take control of round 2. I did not see enough for Reyes to win that round. I also scored the fight 2,4,5 for Jones.

I just cant see a case to give round 2 to Jones.
A tie at best a 10/9 to Reyes logically.

1 and 3 was clearly Reyes.
4 and 5 usual Pokes.

You can't even spell the champ's name correctly how can you be expected to judge the fight fairly LMAO.

I had it 345 for Jones either way I love seeing everyone hat a complete butthurt meltdown over the fight lol

I had it 345 for Jones either way I love seeing everyone hat a complete butthurt meltdown over the fight lol

Some are making it seem like Reyes wiped the floor with Jones in the first 3 rounds lol. I think a lot of people scored the fight emotionally because they hate Jones.

Back