Commentary on Cain vs. JDS fight

canadianrugby

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm a huge Rogan fan but did he seem very biased towards Velasquez in this fight? Or was it just me. It didn't seem professional.

Hard to say much about JDS when he was getting his ass handed to him.

In Rogan's defense, JDS didn't give him much to work with.

hey! leave rogan and his mancrush for cain alone!

JDS didn't do much to really counter Rogan's man crush.

I normally lunge at the opportunity to join in busting Rogains chops, but in this case, I would call for his resignation if he was able to give 50/ 50 props to both of the fighters in this one dude.

For cripes sake, even the stupid B judge was not able to call this fight a draw on her scorecard, and had no problem with Guillard winning 30 - 27!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You must have missed the thread that was made right after the event....lots of people thought he was being biased.

It's called "calling it like you see it"....Cain was kicking the shit out of JDS.

What was he supposed to say? JDS looks great beating up Cain's fists with his head?

Fans look to hate on Rogan after every event, especially when their fav fighter loses.

he calls it like he sees it, in this case he saw Cain beating JDS for 5 rounds, dominating every aspect of the fight, standing, takedowns, gnp.

Had Rogan been riding JDS nuts instead people would be saying he hates Cain because he ignored Cain beating that ass for 5 rounds and just focused on JDS who was losing.

I'm a huge Rogan fan but did he seem very biased towards Velasquez in this fight? Or was it just me. It didn't seem professional.

It wasn't much different than the standard Rogan fare, right? Didn't it go something like this:

"<fighter x> is in the best shape of his life. <insert name of trainer> said he is a cardio machine. There are crazy stories coming out of <insert name of camp> that <fighter x> has been destroying guys at the gym.

<fighter y> is so exhausted now. It's not a matter of willpower it's just an inability for his body to respond. <fighter x> is going for the choke but it's going to be hard because they are so slippery from all the blood and sweat."

i think joe mentally and verbally invested in cain as a potential winner, esp when he got out of the first / second round - he wanted cain to win at that point, to legimitze his predictions, and i think thats the pattern to notice about joe

he just makes loud opinions and then lives and dies for those bitches

It was lopsided, it would have looked crazy if he was trying to convince people JDS was winning the fight.
By the way, Joe is usually biased and like he has pointed out, he is allowed to be, he's not a ref or a judge.

JDS didn't do much that fight man

Yeah I agree with this he was tired like 3 minutes into the fight than the last minute one punch by Cain put him down hard. He never recovered from fatigue after that.

I thought he was clearly not mentioning the ass whooping wineland was handing picket. He kept mentioning pickets power and rarely mentioned winelands great use of his right hand from multiple types of punches.

JDS is my favorite HW but if I was calling this fight it wouls have sounded a lot like Rogan's commentary. JDS didn't really do much more than survive the constant onslaught and Rogan gave him more than enough credit for that.

He was already saying wow jds is exhausted and jds is getting smashed and we have never seem anyone do that to jds and that cain can finish him if he wanted to

So there u go he was talking about junior maybe u didnt hear because Cain was working him and u wer in shock and I was like told u

Isn't Rogan always like that? Remember Machida vs Shogun? All he's mentioned was Shogun's leg kicks. Nonetheless, I enjoy Rogan's commentary.

It's called "calling it like you see it"....Cain was kicking the shit out of JDS.

This.

What was he supposed to say? JDS looks great beating up Cain's fists with his head?

Fans look to hate on Rogan after every event, especially when their fav fighter loses.

he calls it like he sees it, in this case he saw Cain beating JDS for 5 rounds, dominating every aspect of the fight, standing, takedowns, gnp.

Had Rogan been riding JDS nuts instead people would be saying he hates Cain because he ignored Cain beating that ass for 5 rounds and just focused on JDS who was losing.

Nawwwwww man! Junior was blocking with his face! All jokes aside, there wasn't much for Rogan to say about Junior :\ at least he made those fans that were booing, cheer for Junior. I felt horrible hearing him say "why you do that?? WHY!?" :icon_cry2

Back