Commentary on ADCC 2005 77 - 87kg?

ClubberLange

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just finished watching the ADCC '05 77 - 87kg DVD, and there is only commentary on the final match
Is it like this on all copies, or did I just get a crap one?
If it is, why the hell did they do that?

ClubberLange said:
Just finished watching the ADCC '05 77 - 87kg DVD, and there is only commentary on the final match
Is it like this on all copies, or did I just get a crap one?
If it is, why the hell did they do that?

they all have commentary on the final matches except for the absolute

and maybe womens.. im not sure

no, the commentary is only on the finals, not the other matches. imo, they should have the commentary on all the matches. it helps make the more boring matches bearable.

imo, they should have the commentary on all the matches. it helps make the more boring matches bearable.
agree 100%.

Though I like what Eddie does, and think he is great, it was pretty annoying to here him constantly pushing his thoughts on everyone.

I'd like to see some rule changes to ADCC to warrant more action as well. I found myself fast-forwarding through the beginnings of the match for nearly EVERY match. The constant stand-up battles were driving me crazy, and I really don

I know exactly what you mean, I'm a grappler myself, and some of those matches were painful to watch. I can only imagine what most people would think, but then it's not exactly a spectator sport.
Jacare was fucking insane to watch. The final the only slow one, but that wasn't his fault.
So damn aggresive, if only everyone had games like that.
Looking forward to seeing Garcia in action too. Need to get my hands on that one. He's in 67 - 77kg yea?

i thought the commentary was just friggin annoying,even though i agree with Bravo about scoring points from the start,hearin him bitch about people not pullin guard was just annoying

I would really like to see Rickson's Budo Challenge, as I hear that those rules really promoted action and sub attempts.

He's in 67 - 77kg yea?
Yes, and he is insane. I find myself having to continually rewind the DVD to figure out what he did. He is incredible at taking the back too.

Jacare's game is incredibly fun to watch. He just keeps going for takedowns, submissions, he just doesn't give a shit, he's that confident.

I'm also interested in Rickson's Budo Challenege, and I've heard some of the rules, and they sounded interesting.

"To reflect the modern warrior values, the first Budo Challenge will pit four fighters in six different weight classes, each representing their own martial art and wearing a gi, fighting three, three-minute rounds, to determine preferably by submission, who is the best. No strikes or kicks are allowed. A new and unique set of rules have been formulated so that strategy, action, and submission attempts are rewarded while stalling and controlling your opponent with no purpose or intent is penalized. A single point is scored for achieving common grappling positions, while multiple points are awarded for submission attempts which cause the opponent to execute a technique to escape. The goal of the Budo Challenge is to reward strategy, originality and action so the best warriors truly win."

NEwrestler said:
i thought the commentary was just friggin annoying,even though i agree with Bravo about scoring points from the start,hearin him bitch about people not pullin guard was just annoying

i'm not an eddie bravo fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but i enjoyed most of the commentary. i chuckled when eddie praised marcelo's butt scooting tho...a little biased, eh?

Back