Command and Conquer and Red Alert 4K Remaster incoming - with big surprise

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/14/18095301/command-conquer-remastered-red-alert-ea-petroglyph

Electronic Arts’ classic real-time strategy game series, Command & Conquer, is being remastered for modern platforms. EA confirmed Wednesday that it plans to remaster the original Command & Conquer and its prequel/sequel, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, to “4K glory” with the help of Petroglyph Games.

Petroglyph is the developer behind strategy games like Grey Goo, Star Wars: Empire at War and Guardians of Graxia. The studio is also home to “many of the original developers from Westwood Studios, and some of the most influential members of the original Command & Conquer development team from 1995,” EA said.

“Joe Bostic is known as the co-creator of C&C, having also served as the Lead Programmer on Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert,” EA creative director Jim Vessella wrote in a news post on EA.com. “Steve Tall joined Joe as a Lead Programmer on Red Alert, and Mike Legg contributed to all forms of audio systems at Westwood, having been an employee since 1986! All three members helped start Petroglyph Games in 2003 after the closure of Westwood and are joined by a veteran group of RTS developers from the past 15+ years.”

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Red Alert will be released as a single remastered collection (“without microtransactions”) that will also include the expansions Covert Ops, Counterstrike and Aftermath.

Series composer Frank Klepacki will also work on the project, serving as composer and audio director.

I am so ready. This is amazing news. I think I played these games more than any other growing up.

giphy.webp

Loved these games! Would go ballistic if Tiberian Sun eventually gets the remaster too

It's nice to see the RTS genre getting some love again... and of course, to see C&C making a slow comeback.

"Electronic Arts’ classic real-time strategy game series, Command & Conquer, is being remastered for modern platforms..."

Is anyone else already sick an tired of these quick cash grabs by companies putting bare-minimum effort into re-releases of RTSs from 20+ years ago?

I sure as fuck am.

When I said back in 2010, I'd love to see the original Starcraft re-made, I didn't just mean a resolution upgrade. I meant the game being re-made in the Starcraft 2 engine.

So, when it was announced Starcraft was being 'remastered,' I was not pleased. But, millions of idiots bought it anyway.

And now, Warcraft 3 and C&C are being 'Remastered,' instead of remade up to the standards of a game released in 2018.

And millions of idiots will be buying them too.

I'll be buying. Cot damn C&C was magical to me back when I was a kid

They better not fuck with the cutscenes though

I'll be buying. Cot damn C&C was magical to me back when I was a kid

They better not fuck with the cutscenes though
They're gonna upgrade the music too to current standards. Say goodbye to industrial metal and hello to mumble rap.

They're gonna upgrade the music too to current standards. Say goodbye to industrial metal and hello to mumble rap.
Nah dude, didn't you read the giant bolded part in the first post? Klepacki is back too.

I think I’ll get this. C&C is one series I missed out on in the 90s. It’s hard being a kid without money to spend on whatever games you want.

Now as an adult I can afford any game if I really wanted, I just have no free time to ever play.

i dont have a lot of faith in EA toilet bowl marketing

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/14/18095301/command-conquer-remastered-red-alert-ea-petroglyph

Electronic Arts’ classic real-time strategy game series, Command & Conquer, is being remastered for modern platforms. EA confirmed Wednesday that it plans to remaster the original Command & Conquer and its prequel/sequel, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, to “4K glory” with the help of Petroglyph Games.

Petroglyph is the developer behind strategy games like Grey Goo, Star Wars: Empire at War and Guardians of Graxia. The studio is also home to “many of the original developers from Westwood Studios, and some of the most influential members of the original Command & Conquer development team from 1995,” EA said.

“Joe Bostic is known as the co-creator of C&C, having also served as the Lead Programmer on Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert,” EA creative director Jim Vessella wrote in a news post on EA.com. “Steve Tall joined Joe as a Lead Programmer on Red Alert, and Mike Legg contributed to all forms of audio systems at Westwood, having been an employee since 1986! All three members helped start Petroglyph Games in 2003 after the closure of Westwood and are joined by a veteran group of RTS developers from the past 15+ years.”

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Red Alert will be released as a single remastered collection (“without microtransactions”) that will also include the expansions Covert Ops, Counterstrike and Aftermath.

Series composer Frank Klepacki will also work on the project, serving as composer and audio director.

I am so ready. This is amazing news. I think I played these games more than any other growing up.

games back then were so much better designed, not graphically obviously. but map design and crap was excellent

Couldnt help but post this but looking forward to seeing what comes out of this

I was 7 years old when I played Red Alert 1 at friends house, that was awesome. Began to love strategy ever since.

Back