Coming Soon: The career of Nick Diaz, through the eyes of The Natural Born Runner.

I liked Diaz as well, 5 years ago, when he was winning. Since then he turned into spoiled entitled brat with NO WINS WHATSOEVER. Right now, he is just annoying and irrelevant.

I guess you just grow up from being Diaz fan when you become a grown up.

NICK NOTABLE WINS (fighter name, career record, year he fought Nick)
Chris Lytle (31-18-5) 2003
Robbie Lawler (27-11) 2004
Drew Fickett (42-21) 2005
Josh Neer (36-16-1) 2006
Gleison Tibau (33-12) 2006
Frank Shamrock (23-10-2) 2009
Scott Smith (18-11) 2009
Marius Zaromskis (20-9) 2010
Hayato Sakurai (37-13-2) 2010
KJ Noons (13-9) 2010
Cyborg Santos (21-18) 2011
Paul Daley (38-14-2) 2011
BJ Penn (16-10-2) 2011

Gomi is his best win by a mile and you didn't list it

Lol at one of the best fighters statement. He's bang average
Means you've never really watched him closely.

Yes, he's one of the best fighters we've ever seen in MMA.

Is he top 10? No. Is he top 20? No. Is he top 30? Yeah, for sure.

If you're the top 30 best at something ever, you're pretty damn good.

Problem is you probably never watch any other MMA outside of the UFC, and probably just ignore him because of his inactivity and his losses to fighters who are in the top 5 of all-time like Silva and St. Pierre.

I liked Diaz as well, 5 years ago, when he was winning. Since then he turned into spoiled entitled brat with NO WINS WHATSOEVER. Right now, he is just annoying and irrelevant.

I guess you just grow up from being Diaz fan when you become a grown up.
Well if you get banned for 5 years for some Cannabis and you then have to settle for a year and a half ban, what can you really do, eh?

Like, he fought Anderson Silva - who has not looked out of place at 205lbs, and the guy gets zero credit for that.

Was it beneficial to his career? Was it for a title or a title shot? Did he ever really stand a chance at winning? No, is the answer to all of those questions - he still took it, because yes - big payday, but also because he's a warrior.

They don't make them like Nick any more. The guy is 33 and has 37 fights, I think we need to chill with the whole activity thing, the guy put his work in and now he's making his money.

"one of the best fighters..."

You sound like Rogan, hyping shit all the time.

Diaz had 3 top 10 wins in his whole career. He hasn't won since 2011.

"one of the best fighters..."
Top 30 easily, top 5 Welterweights ever. So yeah...

Means you've never really watched him closely.

Yes, he's one of the best fighters we've ever seen in MMA.

Is he top 10? No. Is he top 20? No. Is he top 30? Yeah, for sure.

If you're the top 30 best at something ever, you're pretty damn good.

Problem is you probably never watch any other MMA outside of the UFC, and probably just ignore him because of his inactivity and his losses to fighters who are in the top 5 of all-time like Silva and St. Pierre.

One of the best fighters we have ever seen with his best win in his entire career being a washed up LW BJ Penn

No one wants to read a novel length literary jerk off written by the sites biggest nut hugger

Gomi is his best win by a mile and you didn't list it
sorry.
Gomi was a lightweight who also has lost too Hansen, BJ, Aurelio, Golyaev, Kitaoka, Florian, Guida, Nate, Jury, Lauzon and MIller. (didn't say diego since that was a robbery.

People saying nick is an atg becuase he beat Gomi are idiots.

sorry.
Gomi was a lightweight who also has lost too Hansen, BJ, Aurelio, Golyaev, Kitaoka, Florian, Guida, Nate, Jury, Lauzon and MIller. (didn't say diego since that was a robbery.

People saying nick is an atg becuase he beat Gomi are idiots.
So you list a shit load of fights that have happened since that fight like they matter.

At the time of the fight, Gomi was a killer - anyone who doesn't see this is crazy.

Also... HE GOGOPLATA'D THE BREH! ARE YOU CRAZY!?

One of the best fighters we have ever seen with his best win in his entire career being a washed up LW BJ Penn
Because Nick has never fought at Lightweight, and BJ Penn never faced Lyoto Machida.

AND... BJ Penn wasn't winning the fight in Round 1, no?

Also, BJ Penn was washed up at 33, 25 fights in and arguably just beat Jon Fitch? Seems convenient.

Nick Diaz changed BJ Penn.

As a longtime fan of Condit, I don't like your user name.

Love Nick Diaz though.

Back