Coming from a Jones fan...he went too far last night

I understand the disappointment of losing a big fight like that. But honestly if I were Cormier, I would be prideful and defiant and not let Jones break me mentally after just beating me physically. If I was DC I would have been fired up and popping off at the mouth even after the fight. I mean come on, Jones didnt do very much damage. He didnt win by that much. If I was DC I'd be saying shit like "Alright you got me this time. But im gonna be back motherf*cker!! "

I totally respect cormiers passion and desire to win. There's just no way I'd let someone I hate that much make me cry, let alone letting him see me cry. I wouldn't want him to have that satisfaction.

It would be one thing if Cormier got pounded or choked out in dominant fashion with a couple rounds. I could see crying for that. But he put up a really good effort and didnt get beat by that much. He should be proud.

Absolutely agreed. One of like six guys commenting on this bout that has some fucking sense.

I didn't know Jones was a member of Degeneration-X. Having a bible verse tat on your chest and doing that is embarrassing. People love that stuff and sadly, that sells. That's why CM Punk is in the UFC. I always defended Jones but now i see that he is somewhat of a fake. Cormier is at fault too.

So Jones couldn't shake hands after the fight, then he's labeled fake. He can't be honest about his hatred for DC cause then he's a dick. At the press conference he nailed it when he said, if DC won he'd be talking all kinds of shit.

yep

people need to cut jones some slack. the man is a legend of the sport

I don't think he went far enough.

I think he should have LITERALLY killed Daniel.

Jones doesn't like DC.
He basically said he respects him as a fighter but not as a human being.
What's the problem? Should Jones be fake and pretend he likes him now?
Jones kept it real.

Jones doesn't like DC.
He basically said he respects him as a fighter but not as a human being.
What's the problem? Should Jones be fake and pretend he likes him now?
Jones kept it real.

this guy gets it :)

I totally respect cormiers passion and desire to win. There's just no way I'd let someone I hate that much make me cry, let alone letting him see me cry. I wouldn't want him to have that satisfaction.

It would be one thing if Cormier got pounded or choked out in dominant fashion with a couple rounds. I could see crying for that. But he put up a really good effort and didnt get beat by that much. He should be proud.

That's why he cried. Frustration. He could have easily won that fight but he fucked up on a couple levels and he knew it.

he makes a great point about how DC Would have been up there running his mouth if he had won the fight.

Sure, people can hate on jones for the classless answer but its not really that hard to understand.

Bones is the GOAT behind Conor

Jon Jones acted like a dick, and people are surprised? Seriously???

To the victors go the spoils. How does DC handle that situation if he took Jones down 4 times, outstruck him and took his belt 4 rounds to 1? Does he congratulate Jones or gloat and say I told you I'd destroy him? All this "Break Bones" slogan and "King of the Grind" chit. All the talk about "If I want to take him down 100 times I will". He wrote checks his ass couldn't cash, so when the check bounces. You gotta pay up. If DC came in without all the heat and trash and Jones did all that. I would understand the hate. He played with fire and deserved to get burned.

There is a lot of truth to this for sure. Like I said in the op you do have to respect it at the same time because he is that good. These can be the consequences of challenging such greatness.

But Jones still has a choice to make in situations like that...the high road or the low road. He chose the extreme low road last night and that adds credence to those who have been bashing him all of these years.

So Jones couldn't shake hands after the fight, then he's labeled fake. He can't be honest about his hatred for DC cause then he's a dick. At the press conference he nailed it when he said, if DC won he'd be talking all kinds of shit.

I don't believe that at all. I think DC would have said I told you so, but he wouldn't have been talking about Jones crying and shit like that. See what Jones doesn't know or understand is winning talks for you. You talk shit before the fight to sell it, get in your opponents head, etc. After the fight, you don't have to hug it out, but you win classy and don't have to say anything anymore.

I don't believe that at all. I think DC would have said I told you so, but he wouldn't have been talking about Jones crying and shit like that. See what Jones doesn't know or understand is winning talks for you. You talk shit before the fight to sell it, get in your opponents head, etc. After the fight, you don't have to hug it out, but you win classy and don't have to say anything anymore.

No Jones did what Cormier said he was going to do. Everything...
If you're a fan of the nice guy you're in the wrong sport.

This is coming from someone who has consistently defended Jones. This comes from someone who completely embraces the villians, the showboaters, the trash talkers, the trolls, the occassionally classless. I have cheered on his darkside transformation over the past couple of years and have gotten a major kick out of his behavior at times. I've railed against the Jones haters time and time again.

With that said...

When a man like DC is completely broken mentally and physically you don't kick him that hard when he is that down. I mean that is just wrong. Its not enough for Jones to win the MMA battle with DC. No, he is trying pull up permenant residence in DC's mind and drive him mad.

You have to have ultimate respect for Jones as a fighter and "deal with it" until someone beats him I suppose. But last night he forever gave credence to those who have been calling him a horrible human being for years. I don't hate the guy or wish for his downfall but you really can't defend him on that front any longer.

Brock did it to Mir. Chuck did it to Tito. Tito did it to Ken. if mem serves Ali got in holmes head pretty good by calling one of his daughters ugly.

it's the fight game. some guys are going to generally dislike each other. Iim OK with that, and I'm okay with jones going full MMA heel.

I don't know, Daniel was almost equally at fault for all the trash talk.

Yeah But what I saw from Bones last night was genuine anger to the point were I think he had some "mad tears" going and his lip was visibly trembling from the real adrenaline you get from real emotion esp in a real fight. Bones was just keeping it real

Back