Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

hey guys any new recommendations? I finally finished the boys a little while ago and looking for something new

Anyone else keeping up with Doomsday Clock? The latest issue is fantastic. I love me some Dr. Manhattan timey wimey hijinks.
CdHwL.gif

Soooooo not one peep about The Walking Dead’s out of no where ending? I haven’t really been keeping up with it, and just happened to read the last issue not even knowing it was the last issue until I saw “The End”.

Then reading Kirkman’s long goodbye letter to the fans left me shocked but at peace with the decision. Talk about a curve ball. Issue #193, not even an even 200.

I’ll give it props. In its heyday, TWD was as good as it got for reading.

It was a boss way to end. Apparently they went so far as to fake the previews for upcoming issues (ie: the descriptions that retailers use to decide what to order).

On a personal level, I was always a little sorry that Kirkman made it big. I kind of feel like that made him devote less attention to Image and he had been doing an awesome job on turning them into a science-fiction biased imprint. He seems like a great editor.

I saw a two part Youtube video by SYFY Wire about the legendary John Byrne and had no idea he quit X-Men because Chris Claremont wrote stuff that conflicted with what they agreed on that he already drew. He's probably my favorite artist, even over Jim Lee.

Soooooo not one peep about The Walking Dead’s out of no where ending? I haven’t really been keeping up with it, and just happened to read the last issue not even knowing it was the last issue until I saw “The End”.

Then reading Kirkman’s long goodbye letter to the fans left me shocked but at peace with the decision. Talk about a curve ball. Issue #193, not even an even 200.

So, how did it end?

So, how did it end?

Better than Game of Thrones did. Glenn would is rolling over in his fucking grave. I need to go back to where I left off to get the full gist though.

In case there are those who still haven't gotten around to it.
Basically they go a number of years into the future and set the story around Carl who is living a content farming life with his wife and kid. Society is technologically around the time when the railroads finally connected across the country. So wild west times 1800's? People have mad respect for Carl due to who his dad was, but also because he's a warrior from the "bad times". So out of no where he spots a Walker in his fields which is unheard of in the safe zone. He easily dispatches it and rides into town to tell the law. Come to find out, the Walker was the property of Glenn and Maggie's son named Hershel who has grown up into a real PT Barnum style douche bag with a travelling side show of Zombies. So Hershel gets bitchy and pitches a fit to the law, and there is a hearing by the local judge. Enter Maggie, now President of the Communities or whatever to throw her weight around. Turns out she's always giving Hershel his way. So Carl is order to replace the Walker he killed instead of being jailed or made to pay money.

Being the son of the famous Rick Grimes, Carl does what any Grimes would do and decides to instead kill ALL of Hershel's walkers. Add in all the ad hominem about forgetting how bad it was and history repeating itself, blah blah blah. Carl is then taken into custody to be judged at a hearing at the Capital or whatever. It's all a big hooplah. Turns out Michonne is the head judge in all the land. More blah blah blah, and Michonne gives Carl a free pass and outlaws ownership of Walkers outright, much to the chagrin of Madame President Maggie and PT Hershel. Carl goes back home and reads a bed time story to his daughter about Rick Grimes and fade to black.

Is there a reference website listing which issues a particular character joined the X-Men, had first appearance, had other significant events, fought Hulk, etc.?

LAST knight on Earth #1 was really good. Love the oversized book and quality pages. Definitely feels like Snyder has a story he wants to tell. The world does feel like an old Man Logan world ripoff but ah well

I saw a two part Youtube video by SYFY Wire about the legendary John Byrne and had no idea he quit X-Men because Chris Claremont wrote stuff that conflicted with what they agreed on that he already drew. He's probably my favorite artist, even over Jim Lee.

I loved me some John Byrne back in the day. Sadly, his art seems dated to me now. Meanwhile, Art Adams still gets the needle moving.

Is there a reference website listing which issues a particular character joined the X-Men, had first appearance, had other significant events, fought Hulk, etc.?

I think probably Comic Vine or Comic Book DB are the best places for that.

I loved me some John Byrne back in the day. Sadly, his art seems dated to me now. Meanwhile, Art Adams still gets the needle moving.
I recently dug out a Namor issue with Wolverine on the cover and he seemed to do like a half effort on that one. Nowhere as sharp as his Dark Phoenix days.

Last night I stumbled on the Marvel Fandom wikia and I think that has a link listing issues a character appeared in.

NYCC 2019 pickups

Original Conan
HelaTcR.jpg

Ki8vrLL.jpg

Commission I requested of a scene from Point Blank. Peralta is really talented and very cool guy
Wasnt expensive at all and came out great. Gonna use him again for sure

SipFJVa.jpg

CkJIU4r.jpg

Doom commission
aXFMWHN.jpg

IcAwW20.jpg

Darkseid commission:wow:
NinBtsE.jpg

3B9PaNo.jpg

James Silvani.
3gg2zTO.jpg

Mister Miracle original
nNEntv3.jpg

ZMSfGke.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx
@Anung Un Rama

Also Last Knight on Earth has been my favorite Batman story in years.

@Sigh GunRanger GREAT STUFF!
My personal favorites is that Point Blank commission. They're all awesome! Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I might try to make it next year.

How much do each of those commissions cost? Black & white vs. color?

NYCC 2019 pickups

Original Conan
HelaTcR.jpg

Ki8vrLL.jpg

Commission I requested of a scene from Point Blank. Peralta is really talented and very cool guy
Wasnt expensive at all and came out great. Gonna use him again for sure

SipFJVa.jpg

CkJIU4r.jpg

Doom commission
aXFMWHN.jpg

IcAwW20.jpg

Darkseid commission:wow:
NinBtsE.jpg

3B9PaNo.jpg

James Silvani.
3gg2zTO.jpg

Mister Miracle original
nNEntv3.jpg

ZMSfGke.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx
@Anung Un Rama

Also Last Knight on Earth has been my favorite Batman story in years.

Dude I helped my buddy this Saturday at the comic con again. You should’ve PMd me and I would’ve given you the booth number. I was there all day Saturday

Back