Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

@Anung Un Rama @KONG-D'SNT-TAP There's a new artist (or new to me at least) that I really love. His name is Pepe Larraz. His artwork reminds of Olivier Coipel and Stuart Immonen.

dzji8Z2.jpg

sCs13H0.jpg

kgEcltM.jpg

f9gyUvX.jpg

vgg6Nld.jpg

1Ayd3ub.jpg

ybiQYqt.jpg

I definitely see some Immonen influence. I dig it a lot.

Infinite Crisis, Watchmen, Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Batman: The Killing Joke, Doom Patrol, Chris Claremont's X-Men run...

So I’ve recently gotten into DC comics after years of of being a Marvel fan (which I still am). I’m into Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Arrow. Any recommendations? I’ve been eyeballing New 52.

Swamp Thing and Animal Man runs were both fantastic in their New 52 runs. Read a few others but these were by far the best.

I recently started getting back into comics. Haven't collected since 1997 and sold my collection back then. Started out buying some back issues and next thing you know I have over 100 comics and a few tpb in 2-3 weeks. Help

Ive come to find that I like Valiant today more than Marvel. Especially Rai

Has anyone read this. I hear it’s incredibly good.

BKHMR+OF+DESIGN+CVR+FNL-720x1121.jpg

Jeff Lemire is genius I'm all over this. If you haven't read Sweet Tooth you most definitely should check it out. Not superheroes but it's bloody brilliant, definitely one of the best graphic novels I've read.

So looks like the great Jonathan Hickman is making his return to marvel comics. He has a huge project lined up that is yet to be announced.

The announcement will come at the C2E2 show in Chicago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...9/03/19/marvel-jonathan-hickman-return-x-men/

Marvel Comics seems to have confirmed the return of writer Jonathan Hickman. An ad running in Marvel's March 20th releases suggests that Hickman new project will debut in July, right in time to get some added San Diego Comic-Con buzz. Marvel fans know Hickman for his work on Secret Warriors, SHIELD, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and Secret Wars. He hasn’t written anything for Marvel Comics since the Secret Wars event wrapped up in January 2016, though he’s been rumored to still be in the loop with the company. He’s also been rumored to be a potential new writer for Marvel’s X-Men franchise. Considering the similarities between this ad and one that appeared last week, it’s beginning to look like this may be the case.

I think he is gonna make the X-men amazing again, just in time for the marvel fox merger

Last edited:
2498465-ohotmu_teams__1___page_49.jpg

Pretty stoked that the X-Statix are coming back!

@Anung Un Rama @KONG-D'SNT-TAP There's a new artist (or new to me at least) that I really love. His name is Pepe Larraz. His artwork reminds of Olivier Coipel and Stuart Immonen.

dzji8Z2.jpg

sCs13H0.jpg

kgEcltM.jpg

f9gyUvX.jpg

vgg6Nld.jpg

1Ayd3ub.jpg

ybiQYqt.jpg
So looks like the great Jonathan Hickman is making his return to marvel comics. He has a huge project lined up that is yet to be announced.

The announcement will come at the C2E2 show in Chicago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...9/03/19/marvel-jonathan-hickman-return-x-men/

Marvel Comics seems to have confirmed the return of writer Jonathan Hickman. An ad running in Marvel's March 20th releases suggests that Hickman new project will debut in July, right in time to get some added San Diego Comic-Con buzz. Marvel fans know Hickman for his work on Secret Warriors, SHIELD, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and Secret Wars. He hasn’t written anything for Marvel Comics since the Secret Wars event wrapped up in January 2016, though he’s been rumored to still be in the loop with the company. He’s also been rumored to be a potential new writer for Marvel’s X-Men franchise. Considering the similarities between this ad and one that appeared last week, it’s beginning to look like this may be the case.

I think he is gonna make the X-men amazing again, just in time for the marvel fox merger
Oscar-Ukonu.jpg

Oscar-Ukonu.jpg

I'm just getting back into reading & collecting now after taking a break since 2013. So, I've decided to start with this because Morbius has been one of my favorite characters since he debuted in ASM #101 back when I was a kid:
IMG_20190409_195609 (1).jpg
Also, I added this to my collection because I found a great deal for it on Amazon of all places. It's only a 7.0 mid-grade copy but that's fine with me. I just wanted a replacement copy to the one I lost a while back.
clean.jpg

And strut. And strut. Strut. Strut.
House-of-X-1.jpg

Powers-of-X-1.jpg

Powers of X is really powers of 10 and it looks like a mutant with a bunch of different powers.

The original picture I posted has a few new mutants in the lineup. That big group shot has a bunch of different stuff going on.

Back