Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP What do you think about West Coast Avengers? I've been casually reading it and I like it. It's fun and the artwork is pretty good.

SbxTB70.jpg

Honestly if it’s on the app I’ll read the first 1-2 issues tonight and Tell you what I think.

I love the app because I get to read so many books I would never buy in the store. Like the one you mentioned, or even Cates Venom. I don’t really buy much outside the app any longer, just some Image stuff off amazon.

I also like Nick Spencers Amazing Spider Man but only 3 issues have been released on the App so I don’t really have that many issues under my belt yet.

The New Mutants Dead Souls was an enjoyable mini series as well and I enjoyed Ed Brisson’s Iron Fist too.

Currently reading:

Anything Black Hammer. Top notch shit here.
Black Science
Thor
Dick Tracy
Fantastic Four
Saga
Domino
Seven to Eternity

Stuff I have but haven't read yet:
Gideon Falls
Middlewest
Magic Order
Guardians of the Galaxy -> Gladiator

I was initially looking forward to the X-Men: Age of X-Man stuff but it seems it isn't taking over the X-side of things similar to what the Age of Apocalypse titles did.. but just some more X-books to slap #1s on that'll all run their course within a month while the regular X-books are still published. Marvel could just bring back the What If line and have it ongoing to tell these stories, instead of the five or so one shots (more #1s!) released a month or two ago. Same goes for those silly X-Men Black one shots (#1s!).

Looking forward to Ascender.

Favorite book of 2018 was probably Mister Miracle.

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP What do you think about West Coast Avengers? I've been casually reading it and I like it. It's fun and the artwork is pretty good.

SbxTB70.jpg

Is this thing actually good? It looks like a band of superheroes on its way to protest at UC Berkeley.

Think Domino's cancelled, which sucks ass as it's been a fun book.

The Hotshots miniseries coming out will conclude the series, if I'm understanding things correctly.

This is a J Scott Campbell variant cover for what you’re talking about. I’ll have to wait for this on the app of course.

STL112293

Currently reading:

Anything Black Hammer. Top notch shit here.
Black Science
Thor
Dick Tracy
Fantastic Four
Saga
Domino
Seven to Eternity

Stuff I have but haven't read yet:
Gideon Falls
Middlewest
Magic Order
Guardians of the Galaxy -> Gladiator

I was initially looking forward to the X-Men: Age of X-Man stuff but it seems it isn't taking over the X-side of things similar to what the Age of Apocalypse titles did.. but just some more X-books to slap #1s on that'll all run their course within a month while the regular X-books are still published. Marvel could just bring back the What If line and have it ongoing to tell these stories, instead of the five or so one shots (more #1s!) released a month or two ago. Same goes for those silly X-Men Black one shots (#1s!).

Looking forward to Ascender.

Favorite book of 2018 was probably Mister Miracle.

Clinch I just received these 3 trades from Amazon

Rick Remenders
51a3jocAxeL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Gerry Duggan
Also, I’ve noticed Duggans been a very good writer at Marvel as well
analog-vol-1-tp_8cbb1883cb.jpg

And of course a your top choice

91CQQ3b7V-L.jpg

Is this thing actually good? It looks like a band of superheroes on its way to protest at UC Berkeley.
I wouldn't say it's great but it's entertaining, fun and the artwork is good (which I find to be a rarity nowadays).

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP Tried X-Men Blue. Sorry but wasn't a fan. Thank you anyway for recommending it. The early issues were just okay for me. This could just be the old-timer in me but did not like that they changed the personalities and dynamics of the founding team. Good artwork by Jorge Molina and the book suffered when he wasn't drawing them. The book took a turn for the worst when the Mojo arc came and it got convoluted very fast. Even after the Mojo arc, it was still messy and too confusing.

0U1brfd.jpg

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP Tried X-Men Blue. Sorry but wasn't a fan. Thank you anyway for recommending it. The early issues were just okay for me. This could just be the old-timer in me but did not like that they changed the personalities and dynamics of the founding team. Good artwork by Jorge Molina and the book suffered when he wasn't drawing them. The book took a turn for the worst when the Mojo arc came and it got convoluted very fast. Even after the Mojo arc, it was still messy and too confusing.

0U1brfd.jpg

I didnt get to try west coast avengers either. I will get on it though.

It gets better as it goes on. The white queen Is in it and she’s kinda bad again. It gets better as it goes.

And love the Arthur Adams covers

I didnt get to try west coast avengers either. I will get on it though.

It gets better as it goes on. The white queen Is in it and she’s kinda bad again. It gets better as it goes.

And love the Arthur Adams covers
Back in the 80s, Art Adams was my top 5 favorite artists. Everything he touched was golden. Him and inker Terry Austin were a match made in heaven.

Btw, no need to force yourself to read West Coast Avengers if you don't want to. It wasn't a hard recommendation. I just enjoyed the book.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I didn’t even get to the mojo arc yet lol. I’m on the beast Magic ones. I don’t really like Mojo at all. I think he’s a loser character and made way too incredibly powerful.

Like mojo should never be able to control Thor. Which we saw in the uncanny avengers annual.

Now I’m bummed I might not like where the title is heading.

I'm also liking this current run of Venom. I say this as a fan who thinks Venom is one of the most overrated Marvel characters.

I’d say Venom is in my top 3-5 favorite marvel books I’m currently reading on the app.

Immortal Hulk
Venom
X-men Blue
Domino
Guardians of the galaxy
Tried Venom and surprisingly really liked it. Not a big fan of the character from the very start but I dug the new Venom series. Eddie was a likable, tortured protagonist. Even the symbiote was likable. They retconned the symbiote origin with Knull. Normally I'm not a fan of retcons but I enjoyed this one. They even give a reasoning for the symbiotes weakness for fire and sound. Thanks for recommending this.

KBfeKdO.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I didn’t even get to the mojo arc yet lol. I’m on the beast Magic ones. I don’t really like Mojo at all. I think he’s a loser character and made way too incredibly powerful.

Like mojo should never be able to control Thor. Which we saw in the uncanny avengers annual.

Now I’m bummed I might not like where the title is heading.
Mojo was never my friend.

I never like Mojo and every time he gets involved in a comic book, it just gets too meta and too convoluted.

Tried Venom and surprisingly really liked it. Not a big fan of the character from the very start but I dug the new Venom series. Eddie was a likable, tortured protagonist. Even the symbiote was likable. They retconned the symbiote origin with Knull. Normally I'm not a fan of retcons but I enjoyed this one. They even give a reasoning for the symbiotes weakness for fire and sound. Thanks for recommending this.

KBfeKdO.jpg

The rick Remender run is very good also. That had flash Thompson instead of Eddie Brock as Venom.

Dragon you might like the first run on the new astonishing X-men also. I think Charles soule wrote the first arc.

The rick Remender run is very good also. That had flash Thompson instead of Eddie Brock as Venom.

Dragon you might like the first run on the new astonishing X-men also. I think Charles soule wrote the first arc.
If you mean the Joss Whedon Astonishing X-Men run? It's one of the GOAT run in comicbookdom. I have it in "My Recommendation" list in page one.

91Oal7MeuWL.jpg

The first arc involves prof X and The shadow king
Oops, wrong run. Will try to read it if I can. Thanks.

I see Carlos Pacheco is part of the team. It saddens me to see his artwork nowadays and how far he's fallen from his prime days. He was one of my top 10 favorite artists back in the 90s.

Oops, wrong run. Will try to read it if I can. Thanks.

I see Carlos Pacheco is part of the team. It saddens me to see his artwork nowadays and how far he's fallen from his prime days. He was one of my top 10 favorite artists back in the 90s.

Yeah avengers forever had some great artwork from him

510482d23decd11eb5feb10000f98bcc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back