Comedy Fights/Fighters

in paulo filho's second fight vs chael sonnen (WEC), paulo was apparently fighting a ghost

giphy.gif

The upcoming Diego Sanchez vs Michel Pereira fight is what I would consider a comedy fight. Both fighters have crazy and wild styles. Sometimes there's nothing better than a fight that makes you laugh, or a fighter that makes you laugh. What are some good comedy fights and who are some good comedic fighters? I can think of quite a lot but I will just list a few.

Charles 'Krazy Horse' Lewis
A crazy guy inside and outside of fighting, Krazy Horse brought a combination of violence and comedy when he stepped inside the ring.

giphy.gif

tumblr_oe2l9cxXHj1rofocqo1_400.gifv

BchGqE.gif

tumblr_oe2otibG2f1ry1rm7o6_r1_400.gif

MJlOu.gif

Who can forget his issues with Wanderlei?

He was also a super legit power puncher. Here he flatlines KJ Noons

krazyhorseexc5.gif~c200

Interview is gold too

Minowaman
A fighter in the Sakuraba mould, Minowa didn't give a damn about his lack of size when he fought the likes of Butterbean, Giant Silva, Rampage, Zuluzinho, Wanderlei, Don Frye, Semmy Schilt, Hong Man Choi and many more. The size disparity in a lot of his fights was comical and he also had a very fun style.

JoyfulTintedCock-size_restricted.gif

CornyCaringBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

req6oUV.gif

8lfy.gif

TidyVelvetyFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

MadeupMiniatureCarp-size_restricted.gif

I miss characters like Krwzyhorse. Rampage was so much fun also... these fkin bums nowadays need to get some personality

Elias Theodorou, the guy pretty much could create his own martial art at this point.

I miss characters like Krwzyhorse. Rampage was so much fun also... these fkin bums nowadays need to get some personality
Yeah the great thing about Krazy Horse and Rampage is that they are both authentic. Now the fighters try and copy Conor but it just doesn’t work. Be yourself and if you have to exaggerate your personality a little bit then do that. Having an interesting personality also isn’t about being loud and obnoxious. Fedor was stoic but he still had a very interesting personality imo.

I couldn't find any gifs but a good one is Cheick Kongo vs Mostapha Al Turk. Al Turk kneed Kongo in the nuts early on in the fight. Later on, a visibly angry Kongo responds with an even harder "accidental" nut shot and wins by TKO.

In terms of fights, it's hard to beat this classic:
giphy.gif

Genki Sudo (Certainly brought the comedy throughout his career) vs Duane Ludwig was another one, between two skilled fighters. The entrances were great and the fight was amusing and full of action, with Rogan and Baroni on commentary.

Q3VGpnw.gif

8e6f2427c45cb0b243129a5c7bd521e2.gif

This has to be one of the funniest finishes ever. Waving to the crowd when Aoki has your back.
DREAM_7_-_Shinya_aoki_vs_David_Gardner.gif

Also had to include a gif of Emmanuel Augustus from boxing
tumblr_no9i28BiiW1ry1rm7o2_r1_250.gifv

I may have ripped on a few of these guys but I thank them for putting their bodies on the line and sacrificing their brain cells for our entertainment. Please post some funny fights/gifs and list some more funny fighters.

Floyd was quoted as saying Augustus was his toughest fight. He was sure as hell fun

I couldn't find any gifs but a good one is Cheick Kongo vs Mostapha Al Turk. Al Turk kneed Kongo in the nuts early on in the fight. Later on, a visibly angry Kongo responds with an even harder "accidental" nut shot and wins by TKO.
Kongo is on my list in my notes. Such a hypocrite but a real comedy figure.

Back