Comedy Fights/Fighters

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
The upcoming Diego Sanchez vs Michel Pereira fight is what I would consider a comedy fight. Both fighters have crazy and wild styles. Sometimes there's nothing better than a fight that makes you laugh, or a fighter that makes you laugh. What are some good comedy fights and who are some good comedic fighters? I can think of quite a lot but I will just list a few.

Charles 'Krazy Horse' Lewis
A crazy guy inside and outside of fighting, Krazy Horse brought a combination of violence and comedy when he stepped inside the ring.

giphy.gif

tumblr_oe2l9cxXHj1rofocqo1_400.gifv

BchGqE.gif

tumblr_oe2otibG2f1ry1rm7o6_r1_400.gif

MJlOu.gif

Who can forget his issues with Wanderlei?

He was also a super legit power puncher. Here he flatlines KJ Noons

krazyhorseexc5.gif~c200

Interview is gold too

Minowaman
A fighter in the Sakuraba mould, Minowa didn't give a damn about his lack of size when he fought the likes of Butterbean, Giant Silva, Rampage, Zuluzinho, Wanderlei, Don Frye, Semmy Schilt, Hong Man Choi and many more. The size disparity in a lot of his fights was comical and he also had a very fun style.

JoyfulTintedCock-size_restricted.gif

CornyCaringBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

req6oUV.gif

8lfy.gif

TidyVelvetyFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

MadeupMiniatureCarp-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Please refrain from posting for a few mins so that I can complete my thread

<{1-7}>

Gray Maynard
One of the very best lightweights during his prime with great wrestling and big power, but he's had his fair share of funny moments.

Here he comically knocks himself out with a slam:
ExgdNCk.gif

Other highlights include beating the piss out of Frankie Edgar in two title fights but heartbreakingly being unable to get the job done
1.gif

2.gif

14.gif

8.gif

edgar.gif

He had to watch Clay Guida employ the JW special 'run for 25 minutes' gameplan and was pissed

fingers.gif

claygray.gif

Had a similar thing happen against Ryan Hall, who refused to engage him in a boxing match, but it was an excellent piece of game-planning by Ryan
OrganicSandyDeer-size_restricted.gif

BelovedBaggyBobcat-size_restricted.gif

usa_today_9721930.0.jpeg

Ryan 'Darth' Bader'
The Bellator champ-champ has had his fair share of hilarious moments inside the octagon. Despite being a very good fighter these days, he still remains somewhat of a comedy figure. From getting knocked out and then subbed by a Tito Ortiz who was on a 5 fight winless streak, to looking legitimately terrified when he fought Rumble Johnson, to charging headfirst into the shadow realm courtesy of Lyoto Machida's fist, it can be hard to really have faith in Ryan Bader when it comes to fighting the best in the world. He also shit the bed against Glover when he had him in trouble, in what would have been a huge win at the time. The diss by DC was also brutal.

4Rnz.gif

giphy.gif

Vi3eCCv.gif

QuestionableWeirdGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

WarmheartedWelloffFox-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

anthony-johnson-punches-ryan-bader.jpg

139_Anthony_Johnson_vs_Ryan_Bader.0.0.0.jpg

KMlQivX.gif

Charlie Brenneman
There was nothing more sadisticly satisfying than seeing The Spaniard's hair fly around as he was concussed over and over again.
tumblr_n4ovkfwV5I1rlb6iho1_400.gif

1.gif

Kyle+Noke+Drops+Charlie+Brenneman+UFC+152.gif

rxIMSpY.gif

AnyRevolvingGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_n4z5k6dcrs1qlskhvo2_500.jpg

In terms of fights, it's hard to beat this classic:
giphy.gif

Genki Sudo (Certainly brought the comedy throughout his career) vs Duane Ludwig was another one, between two skilled fighters. The entrances were great and the fight was amusing and full of action, with Rogan and Baroni on commentary.

Q3VGpnw.gif

8e6f2427c45cb0b243129a5c7bd521e2.gif

This has to be one of the funniest finishes ever. Waving to the crowd when Aoki has your back.
DREAM_7_-_Shinya_aoki_vs_David_Gardner.gif

Also had to include a gif of Emmanuel Augustus from boxing
tumblr_no9i28BiiW1ry1rm7o2_r1_250.gifv

I may have ripped on a few of these guys but I thank them for putting their bodies on the line and sacrificing their brain cells for our entertainment. Please post some funny fights/gifs and list some more funny fighters.

OK I'm done. Enjoy. Please post though -- this took quite a long time!

tippy toes penn (v edgar) was rather comical...

source.gif

Don frye vs Takayama, WMMA edition

who can forget nate quarry blindly chasing kalib starnes around the cage

source.gif

Has anyone actually figured out what was going on there? Like has his camp addressed why that happened?

according to former trainer jason parillo:

"I got called a week before the fight to work his corner for the fight, so I, myself, hadn't spent time in camp at all with B.J. ... I answered yes automatically because he's my friend. So I didn't know. They explained to me kind of the gameplan the week of the fight, and I was actually rooming with his boxing coach the whole week, so I was listening to him, talking to him about what they were doing. At that point, it's not my position to make any adjustments, like, ‘no, no, no, let's do this, let's do that,' because it's too late for that. It's too late. He's been doing this s--t for two years. What, am I going to come in the week of the fight and change a whole gameplan? Change a whole style around? That's not going to happen, nor does B.J. want me to make that happen. He doesn't want that to happen, he wants to go in there with want they have planned."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/...in-a-million-years-would-i-have-developed-b-j

Back