Social Comedian rejected due to cultural appropriation

It's the same kind of mental gymnastics when someone tries to tell me that my history and culture is Egyptian despite my enslaved ancestors being from West Africa. It's a lack of critical thinking and the need to be culturally relevant through confounded exclusion/inclusion that causes the with low self-esteem to be duped and bamboozled and used by charlatans and grifters that evoke a culture based on usurpy. I tend to get my ass chewed in my community when I express this.

I can see how that would be very frustrating.

Just look at the spokes person for this group. The UQAM professor specializing in black history. What a smug f@@@@@. Talk about being punchable.

MG_4063.jpeg

He is literally injecting racism into this. It is like reverse racism. The statement, "wearing dreadlocks is “a privilege” for a white person, whereas a black person with the same hair “is going to find himself refused access to job opportunities or spaces (apartments, schools, parties, sports competitions, etc.)”"

That completely false. This guy would not get any favors over a black person with dreads. He would be looked down as a dirty hippie, who smokes weed and is likely a terrible employee. Which is exactly true, as the picture of him is with a marijuana flag behind him and not having a real job (aspiring stand up comic).

It is just his point of view (because he is racist) that this white person would have the advantages, because subconsciously, he looks down on black people. This white guy is a dirty hippie, and would be treated as such. In America anyways, I dunno about Canada. But people don't want to be associated with these free loading people who usually smell of body odor and weed, and usually terrible employees or patrons who do not tip well.

edit: @LogicalInsanity Dunno if tagging you in an edit works, but just look at this guy who made the statements. When I first read the article, I knew it had to be someone like this, but to respond to @Rematch I had to google his pic, just to show him who is speaking on his and his culture's behalf.

Dreads are not exclusively a Black thing; though people mistakenly believe it is. Long hair will naturally form into dreads if it isn't washed / maintained.

Dreads are common amongst sadhus (ascetic men) in India. Dreads were present in Europe in ancient times. Aborigines also wore dreads.

Yes, Indian people have hair that is closer to blacks than whites. I'm just saying this Rasta douche wasn't thinking of that.

Ya, well I doubt that guy does much learning. And the weed flag and other symbols close the book on it being anything other than a Rasta which is a distinct thing for specific people. I would look at this guy and call him a wigger idiot. Because he is. Are you really gonna deny this guy is dressed like a black guy? lol
He might be a beatboxing Trustifarian with a crip walk. Don't know. Don't matter. The skin color of this little mafia doesn't make them not a mafia. Let's see their asses trace their own "culture" back to dreads. I bet 90+% can't. So how did they acquire the ownership of dreads I wonder...

Oh that's right, they appropriated a vaguely African mishmash of cultural attributes because their own history is lost. Hmm, well I wonder if it's okay for everyone to do that then, instead of only the people with black skin. White people are very often European mutts who don't know their own cultural ancestry. But most of the time they pick a Euro culture anyway and just go with it. That doesn't give them the right to determine which other people are allowed to appropriate parts of their "culture." There is no right to exclude here, no basis except for a hypocritical, racist status quo. And in this case it's just based on skin color, not culture at all. Pure racism.

He might be a beatboxing Trustifarian with a crip walk. Don't know. Don't matter. The skin color of this little mafia doesn't make them not a mafia. Let's see their asses trace their own "culture" back to dreads. I bet 90+% can't. So how did they acquire the ownership of dreads I wonder...

Oh that's right, they appropriated a vaguely African mishmash of cultural attributes because their own history is lost. Hmm, well I wonder if it's okay for everyone to do that then, instead of only the people with black skin. White people are very often European mutts who don't know their own cultural ancestry. But most of the time they pick a Euro culture anyway and just go with it. That doesn't give them the right to determine which other people are allowed to appropriate parts of their "culture." There is no right to exclude here, no basis except for a hypocritical, racist status quo. And in this case it's just based on skin color, not culture at all. Pure racism.

Are you saying that it is acceptable to discriminate against white people due to race? You set that precedent with Affirmative Action, regardless of your subjective reasoning how they differ. You made your rope. Now hang yourself. Be a good liberal and have lower standards and expectations for black people. This white guy should be judged by stricter standards.

Are you saying that it is acceptable to discriminate against white people due to race? You set that precedent with Affirmative Action, regardless of your subjective reasoning how they differ.
I predicted the response and already covered that, in a response to you. I'll elaborate though.

What it comes down to is that an identifiable group were systematically deprived of liberty, property, and the pursuit thereof for centuries, and have a claim for damages. Even if people disagree with the means of redress, they recognize that it's a legitimate claim. They object to making people whole in part because it creates a double standard, while others recognize that a double standard is necessary to make people whole. It's a measurable and just claim, and a worthy argument.

This puts you in an awkward position when you want to weigh the mass of that against the great injustice of hairstyles of nebulous origin.

This is total appropriation like I said. lol at the ancient cultures with dreads and weed flags. He is trying to be Rasta and Rasta is a black religion built on racism against whites. Its philosophy and creation stories almost mirror The Nation of Islam. How do you think the they would respond to this douche? They would beat that ass.

Meh, I could be generalizing but he could also just be a dude no one want to be around. It's an open mic dude complaining to a newspaper about

THIS fucking room.
Da8J6oFXkAEal6E.jpg

Just remember y'all getting butthurt about an open mic.

I predicted the response and already covered that, in a response to you. I'll elaborate though.

What it comes down to is that an identifiable group were systematically deprived of liberty, property, and the pursuit thereof for centuries, and have a claim for damages. Even if people disagree with the means of redress, they recognize that it's a legitimate claim. They object to making people whole in part because it creates a double standard, while others recognize that a double standard is necessary to make people whole. It's a measurable and just claim, and a worthy argument.

This puts you in an awkward position when you want to weigh the mass of that against the great injustice of hairstyles of nebulous origin.

Yes, handle with care. I get it. That is why we must conform to the oppressed and give them privileges that white people don't need or deserve. Affirmative Action and cultural sensitivity is part of repaying our debt to black people. I mean, you robbed the black man of fuckin everything. Can't he have anything his own?

Meh, I could be generalizing but he could also just be a dude no one want to be around. It's an open mic dude complaining to a newspaper about

THIS fucking room.
Da8J6oFXkAEal6E.jpg

True, but those dudes tying back their hair in knots had best culturally justify them, ASAP.

Yes, handle with care. I get it. That is why we must conform to the oppressed and give them privileges that white people don't need or deserve. Affirmative Action and cultural sensitivity is part of repaying our debt to black people. I mean, you robbed the black man of fuckin everything. Can't he have anything his own?
Dreadlocks as reparations?

They should have hired Johnny Cochran.

THIS fucking room.
Da8J6oFXkAEal6E.jpg

I'm usually not a sentimental guy but I have been kicked out of a ton of Canadian bars, and not for cultural appropriation. lol. I acted like, as an American, I was a different species. An apex predator among prey. Good times. My buddy laid out this Canadian right in the street.

This pic reminds me of a place I would get tossed out of.

I can see how that would be very frustrating.

Just look at the spokes person for this group. The UQAM professor specializing in black history. What a smug f@@@@@. Talk about being punchable.

MG_4063.jpeg

He is literally injecting racism into this. It is like reverse racism. The statement, "wearing dreadlocks is “a privilege” for a white person, whereas a black person with the same hair “is going to find himself refused access to job opportunities or spaces (apartments, schools, parties, sports competitions, etc.)”"

That completely false. This guy would not get any favors over a black person with dreads. He would be looked down as a dirty hippie, who smokes weed and is likely a terrible employee. Which is exactly true, as the picture of him is with a marijuana flag behind him and not having a real job (aspiring stand up comic).

It is just his point of view (because he is racist) that this white person would have the advantages, because subconsciously, he looks down on black people. This white guy is a dirty hippie, and would be treated as such. In America anyways, I dunno about Canada. But people don't want to be associated with these free loading people who usually smell of body odor and weed, and usually terrible employees or patrons who do not tip well.

edit: @LogicalInsanity Dunno if tagging you in an edit works, but just look at this guy who made the statements. When I first read the article, I knew it had to be someone like this, but to respond to @Rematch I had to google his pic, just to show him who is speaking on his and his culture's behalf.
Another white liberal angry for black people for something that black people don't really give two shits about.

This is an easy one. Just file a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal.

http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-12

chapter C-12
CHARTER OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS

3. Every person is the possessor of the fundamental freedoms, including freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association.

10. Every person has a right to full and equal recognition and exercise of his human rights and freedoms, without distinction, exclusion or preference based on race, colour, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, civil status, age except as provided by law, religion, political convictions, language, ethnic or national origin, social condition, a handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap.
Discrimination exists where such a distinction, exclusion or preference has the effect of nullifying or impairing such right.

12. No one may, through discrimination, refuse to make a juridical act concerning goods or services ordinarily offered to the public.

16. No one may practice discrimination in respect of the hiring, apprenticeship, duration of the probationary period, vocational training, promotion, transfer, displacement, laying-off, suspension, dismissal or conditions of employment of a person or in the establishment of categories or classes of employment.

edited.jpg

This really what you're fighting over?

Entirely possible based on that picture he is Rastafari.... which if he was would constitute being banned because of his religion. I'm sure you wouldn't condone religious discrimination.

Rastas place emphasis on what they regard as living "naturally", adhering to ital dietary requirements, twisting their hair into dreadlocks, and following patriarchal gender roles.

This dreadlocks shit is retarded. It doesn't belong to black people. They were almost certainly around in the Bronze Age throughout the entire fucking Mediterranean. They were definitely around in both ancient Greece and Egypt.

And aside from all of that, which specific dreaded-up culture are blacks identifying with to the exclusion of others? The Giza fucking Plateau? Or is it the Minoan bronze workers? Surely it isn't the they-soon-come-lately Rastas who probably cribbed it off the Ethiopians who got it from God-knows-where.

White boy dreads and black boy dreads both go back into the darkness of history. Fuck outta here with this shit.

A local watering hole that I go to show their mentioned Tweets in rotation on a TV (TV also shows the drink specials). A magazine did a piece of them, and titled it something like "Where Your Tribe Can Get A Drink" or something like that. So on the Tweet-carousel, someone pops up saying "You guys shouldn't have used the word 'tribe'. That's cultural appropriation." I just could fucking take it. I logged into my Twitter account that had been dormant for years and responded "Appropriating who, exactly? Native American tribes? Zulu tribes? Tribe Called Quest?"

There are actual forms of cultural appropriate, but a majority of the time I see the word used it is used incorrectly. Like that girl who wore a traditionally Chinese dress to her prom, despite not being Chinese. That's not cultural appropriation, either. When I think cultural appropriation, I think "Malibu's Most Wanted." Or that kid from Gran Torino.

Here's liberal @Fawlty rightfully speaking out against race based discrimination from progressives and being challenged on it.

<Huh2>
<{MindBrown}>

Strange days indeed.

Here's liberal @Fawlty rightfully speaking out against race based discrimination from progressives and being challenged on it.

<Huh2>
<{MindBrown}>

Strange days indeed.
lol

It's not too strange to me, because if you read my exchange with @JonesBones you see how these people pushing the cultural appropriation nonsense can end up undermining the good faith behind affirmative action or other forms of social justice and turn it into a racial pissing contest and oppression pageant. And it's also the icky face of postmodernism. The cultural appropriation movement is deeply flawed and is hurting progress.

Back