Social Comedian rejected due to cultural appropriation

“We will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment within our spaces,” it says. It defines cultural appropriation as when “someone from a dominant culture appropriates symbols, clothing or hairstyles that come from historically dominated cultures.”

Even if the person wearing dreadlocks is not racist himself, the group adds, the chosen hairstyle “conveys racism.” It calls cultural appropriation “a form of passive oppression, a privilege to be deconstructed and in particular a manifestation of ordinary racism.”

Obviously they tolerate racism against whites. Cultural appropriation, defined as it is, is done so specifically to target whites. I guarantee they'd have no issue with Beyonce wearing her hair blonde like she often does, as they'd claim she's from an oppressed culture, and thus it's justified.

Cultural appropriation, and those that invoke it, are racists. It's bizarre how those that do so can actually claim to be anti-racism, and convince themselves that they are, while remaining completely blind to their hypocrisy.

Meh, hair is hair. Going after someone that has dreads just because they aren't black is especially stupid, since it's been seen in plenty of cultures throughout history.

The same goes with clothes really, and food. As long as you aren't being stupid about it I dont get why it is a huge deal. But some people just insist on being brats about it.

I don’t know if this guy is any good at stand up comedy, but I’m certain the stand up comedy at this venue is terrible.

Lol at the official statements by the group that runs the comedy club. "we are a safe space where people won be oppressed", except this guy we are not letting perform at our club".

Then they continue to saying exponentially increasing stupid shit.

You have to be a next level, smug piece of shit, lost in your own warped reality to come up with a statement like this, "Even if the person wearing dreadlocks is not racist himself, the group adds, the chosen hairstyle “conveys racism.” It calls cultural appropriation “a form of passive oppression, a privilege to be deconstructed and in particular a manifestation of ordinary racism.”

The mental gymnastics these people go through to justify their careers, lives, etc is amazing.

Lol at the official statements by the group that runs the comedy club. "we are a safe space where people won be oppressed", except this guy we are not letting perform at our club".

You have to be a next level, smug piece of shit, lost in your own warped reality to come up with a statement like this, "Even if the person wearing dreadlocks is not racist himself, the group adds, the chosen hairstyle “conveys racism.” It calls cultural appropriation “a form of passive oppression, a privilege to be deconstructed and in particular a manifestation of ordinary racism.”

The mental gymnastics these people go through to justify their careers, lives, etc is amazing.

Absolutely insane...

A form of passive oppression?!? Lol

White people with dreads are idiots and should be beat up by the closest black person. They don't want you as part of their culture stupid liberals. Get that through your head. I would love to see the average white Antifa woman with dreads get her hair ripped out by a black woman.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...fter-dreadlocks-deemed-cultural-appropriation

I can't believe this. There is no consensus on wtf cultural appropriation means. To me it means nothing.

Who is funding these radical groups that moderate events?

WTF is happening??
So do they ban black comedians who wear blue jeans?
<Y2JSmirk>
White people with dreads are idiots and should be beat up by the closest black person.
After the show is fine.

They don't want you as part of their culture stupid liberals.
That gives bigoted white people an excuse to exclude black people from "their culture." And dreads don't belong to black people. I made that point quite emphatically earlier. If we're claiming cultural appropriation w/regard to dreadlocks, a whole lot of black people (and their white surrogates) are not going to be able to point to the cultural basis for theirs without conceding that they are appropriating too. So even within the stupid confines of this cultural appropriation crap, the people screaming it are still wrong. So really, they're not even right enough to be wrong yet. It's racist bullshit.

Culture appropriation is ridiculous but they're wrong even by their own logic. Dreads aren't black. Indians, Egyptians, Greeks, Celts and Vikings were all wearing them far before the Rasafari movement of the 1930s (who themselves took inspiration from Indian priests). Indians, whites and Arabs have a larger claim to the hairstyle than any black person ever had. SJWs are retarded beyond belief.

That gives bigoted white people an excuse to exclude black people from "their culture." And dreads don't belong to black people. I made that point quite emphatically earlier. If we're claiming cultural appropriation w/regard to dreadlocks, a whole lot of black people (and their white surrogates) are not going to be able to point to the cultural basis for theirs without conceding that they are appropriating too. So even within the stupid confines of this cultural appropriation crap, the people screaming it are still wrong. So really, they're not even right enough to be wrong yet. It's racist bullshit.

Um, there is clearly a double standard that isn't going away. Nothing you say will change that. Liberals will be liberals. If people believe it belongs to blacks, it belongs to blacks. If that narrative is pushed it becomes the truth.

quote-truth-is-a-property-of-sentences-since-sentences-are-dependent-for-their-existence-upon-richard-rorty-136-77-93.jpg

Um, there is clearly a double standard that isn't going away. Nothing you say will change that. Liberals will be liberals. If people believe it belongs to blacks, it belongs to blacks. If that narrative is pushed it becomes the truth.
I guess if you're shameless enough to back such an absurd double standard, go for it? No thanks lol. Let's take a double standard like affirmative action. That's there for a damn good reason, because real harm was done to people and large groups of people were unjustly whipped to the bottom of society. Even people opposing that double standard recognize that it's well-intentioned. Compare that to a racial double standard for hairstyle. What leg up, or what benefit (besides segregation or supremacy) is there to the exclusion of other people? It's not quite like saying that white people can't listen to rap, but it's pretty damn close to it. Again, no thanks. That's not the "tolerance" we're looking for.

I guess if you're shameless enough to back such an absurd double standard, go for it? No thanks lol. Let's take a double standard like affirmative action. That's there for a damn good reason, because real harm was done to people and large groups of people were unjustly whipped to the bottom of society. Even people opposing that double standard recognize that it's well-intentioned. Compare that to a racial double standard for hairstyle. What leg up, or what benefit (besides segregation or supremacy) is there to the exclusion of other people? It's not quite like saying that white people can't listen to rap, but it's pretty damn close to it. Again, no thanks. That's not the "tolerance" we're looking for.

Who influenced this guy to assume this hairstyle? People have mentioned like the Greeks or other ancient cultures had dreads. But surely this white douche didn't get dreads due to ancient civilizations. They got it from black people since they are the modern reference for such a thing. He thinks he is Bob Marley or something. Nobody knows or cares about ancient history. There were slaves back then too. The ancient Greeks and everyone were bad people.

It's the same kind of mental gymnastics when someone tries to tell me that my history and culture is Egyptian despite my enslaved ancestors being from West Africa. It's a lack of critical thinking and the need to be culturally relevant through confounded exclusion/inclusion that causes those with low self-esteem to be duped and bamboozled and used by charlatans and grifters that evoke a culture based on usurpy. I tend to get my ass chewed in my community when I express this.

Last edited:
edited.jpg

This really what you're fighting over?

This is total appropriation like I said. lol at the ancient cultures with dreads and weed flags. He is trying to be Rasta and Rasta is a black religion built on racism against whites. Its philosophy and creation stories almost mirror The Nation of Islam. How do you think the they would respond to this douche? They would beat that ass.

Who influenced this guy to assume this hairstyle? People have mentioned like the Greeks or other ancient cultures had dreads. But surely this white douche didn't get dreads due to ancient civilizations. They got it from black people since they are the modern reference for such a thing. He thinks he is Bob Marley or something. Nobody knows or cares about ancient history. There were slaves back then too. The ancient Greeks and everyone were bad people.
It's not at all implausible that a white person, worried about how his dreads will trigger people, would look to history and learn that it was once a universal hairstyle. Two minutes of googling reveals that fact.

But like I said that's not even right enough to be wrong yet. So what if this kid got his inspiration from Rasta culture, or some other culture? The Rastas stole it themselves. Hell they even culturally appropriated Judaism, and not that long ago. Skin color alone doesn't qualify people to steal from another culture. Let's see these appropriation parrots justify theirs. Most won't be able to. It's a racist mafia and they should be kicked in the beaver for it.

It's not at all implausible that a white person, worried about how his dreads will trigger people, would look to history and learn that it was once a universal hairstyle. Two minutes of googling reveals that fact.

But like I said that's not even right enough to be wrong yet. So what if this kid got his inspiration from Rasta culture, or some other culture? The Rastas stole it themselves. Hell they even culturally appropriated Judaism, and not that long ago. Skin color alone doesn't qualify people to steal from another culture. Let's see these appropriation parrots justify theirs. Most won't be able to. It's a racist mafia and they should be kicked in the beaver for it.

Ya, well I doubt that guy does much learning. And the weed flag and other symbols close the book on it being anything other than a Rasta which is a distinct thing for specific people. I would look at this guy and call him a wigger idiot. Because he is. Are you really gonna deny this guy is dressed like a black guy? lol

White people with dreads are idiots and should be beat up by the closest black person. They don't want you as part of their culture stupid liberals. Get that through your head. I would love to see the average white Antifa woman with dreads get her hair ripped out by a black woman.
Dreads are not exclusively a Black thing; though people mistakenly believe it is. Long hair will naturally form into dreads if it isn't washed / maintained.

Dreads are common amongst sadhus (ascetic men) in India. Dreads were present in Europe in ancient times. Aborigines also wore dreads.

Back