Come share your vegetable-eating tips

This has been mentioned in other threads, but put a handful or two of spinach in every shake or smoothie you make. It goes surprisingly well, don't discount it until you try it, it doesn't make it taste bad at all.

This has been mentioned in other threads, but put a handful or two of spinach in every shake or smoothie you make. It goes surprisingly well, don't discount it until you try it, it doesn't make it taste bad at all.

I second this enthusiastically. Before bed this whole week I have I blended 1/2 cup of lowfat yogurt, 1/2 cup of Fat free cottage cheese, 1 cup of mixed berries (Blue, Rasp and Black), 1 cup of chopped spinach, 2 cups of water and Stevia to up the taste abit. You can't even taste the spinach.

In the morning before hitting the gym I have done the same thing with the addition of a scoop of protein powder.

i saute spinach in olive oil, it shrinks it down so i can inhale a bunch of it, i could never consume the same amount raw as i could cooked, too filling. saute them and they shrink to like 1/3 their original size.

I'm a big fan of julienned carrots, julienned red cabbage and raisins maybe a little honey its great.

Treat fresh veggies like a snack. Carrots; broccoli, even just lettuce by itself. Throw some fresh local veggies in a bowl when you read, cruise the web, or watch TV, and you'll finish it up before too long.

Broccoli is my especial favourite. I go through at least a head of it a week from snacking on it. I doubt I'd feel outright -urge- to eat it in dedicated meals at a supper table, but as a finger-snack while doing something else, it's easy to absentmindedly chow down on a whole bunch.

The other thing, which spawned from veggie snacking, is just eating your veggies fresh and clean. It's what I find appealing now -- sort of like white. There's just a cleaness to veggies that aren't cooked and don't have any sauce/seasoning at all on them that I like now. Once I got that taste bud going, it made veggie quotas much easier to meet.

Interesting approach, very accepting of the vegetable and its simple taste. But I know what you're saying...sometimes it's good just to enjoy the food "as is" and enjoy the way it's supposed to taste. When you let go of the need for it to be salty, sweet, etc., you can sometimes just enjoy it for what it is. Very Zen-like :icon_chee

I'll often go for some celery sticks and baby carrots like that.

There are so many great ideas in here. I forgot about the carrots julienne; I bought some from the supermarket counter a while back and loved them and forgot to try to make them until now.

You can buy a bag of frozen brocolli stirfry that has brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, corn, and waterchestnuts for like a buck. Stirfry the veggies and some chicken in 1-2tsp. of oil and add garlic, sesame seed, and a little onion. When it's almost done, throw on about 1-2 Tbsp of soy sauce and some dried chili peppers and let it glaze over the chicken and veggies. Absolutely as good as any chinese buffet chicken.

I think I eat more bell peppers than I probably should. Sometimes I can't believe they're even vegetables. Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers are so sweet you'd swear they were fruit. To top it off I slice them up and dip the slices in organic peanut butter. I can't think of a better snack. I've turned so many of my friends onto it.

I think I eat more bell peppers than I probably should. Sometimes I can't believe they're even vegetables. Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers are so sweet you'd swear they were fruit. To top it off I slice them up and dip the slices in organic peanut butter. I can't think of a better snack. I've turned so many of my friends onto it.

I'll have to try that. Celery dipped in peanut butter is damn good too.

*adds page to favorites*
im drooling thinking about that stuffed chicken

I'm loving the microwave steam veggies at the moment. 160g of cauli, beans and carrots that are ready in 3 mins. grate some cheese over the top, and cover in a bit of salsa and it's a done deal.

You can buy a bag of frozen brocolli stirfry that has brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, corn, and waterchestnuts for like a buck. Stirfry the veggies and some chicken in 1-2tsp. of oil and add garlic, sesame seed, and a little onion. When it's almost done, throw on about 1-2 Tbsp of soy sauce and some dried chili peppers and let it glaze over the chicken and veggies. Absolutely as good as any chinese buffet chicken.

AGREED! I get several bags of frozen mixed veggies open the bag, pour that sh*t in a pan with some olive oil and low sodium soy sauce....BAM! veggies that taste great instantly. add chicken steak fish, or eggs if you desire. I recently started adding eggs its super simple and tastes amazing.

I think I eat more bell peppers than I probably should. Sometimes I can't believe they're even vegetables. Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers are so sweet you'd swear they were fruit.

Grilled Bell Peppers are the best!

Not to nitpick, but technically they are considered a fruit.

Back