Come on Jones, not coke.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look I wouldn't have minded if Jones got busted for weed (though it would have made his win a no contest). But cocaine is scary stuff, this completely derails his in between fight training and who knows how long he'll be in rehab and how it'll affect the Rumble/Gusstaffson fight.

Look I wouldn't have minded if Jones got busted for weed (though it would have made his win a no contest). But cocaine is scary stuff, this completely derails his in between fight training and who knows how long he'll be in rehab and how it'll affect the Rumble/Gusstaffson fight.

All of his scum bag fans still rally behind him like he's a saint though. They will come up with some outlandish excuse i'm sure.

A rich, young professional athlete doing cocaine out of competition isn't scary stuff.

He's trying way too hard to get out of the Gus rematch.

I know pleeeeenty of people who have done a bit of recreational coke for many years and are successful, healthy business owners, doctors, public servants, engineers, parents, attorneys, etc.

Yes some people can become addicted and develop a problem, but that's hardly the norm.

Lol I doubt he even goes to rehab, seems like he's just doing it to save face. Of course I could be wrong and maybe he spins out of control after this. Could you imagine seeing him again in a couple years looking like crazy horse? Gold ass grill and everything lol.

Alcohol is scary stuff, pretty sure almost everyone in the UFC uses/abuses it all of the time. Coke really isn't that bad unless it's overused, just like any drug - legal or illegal.

no wonder he made weight easy and wants to go to mw. all making sense now

I know pleeeeenty of people who have done a bit of recreational coke for many years and are successful, healthy business owners, doctors, public servants, engineers, parents, attorneys, etc.

Yes some people can become addicted and develop a problem, but that's hardly the norm.

When I visit a family member in county jails, minimum and maximum security prisons and look at the other prisoners in the visiting area, and watch live trials at the local Superior Court, I would say that cocaine (and opiates and legally prescribed drugs snorted or injected) is commonly the ruin of countless people as stupid as you or highly intelligent. Does it ruin everyone? No. Are some people successful despite of it? Yes, however how many people out of ten does cocaine have to destroy before we recognize it as a plague? 1, 2 or all 10?

When I visit a family member in county jails, minimum and maximum security prisons and look at the other prisoners in the visiting area, and watch live trials at the local Superior Court, I would say that cocaine (and opiates and legally prescribed drugs snorted or injected) is commonly the ruin of countless people as stupid as you or highly intelligent. Does it ruin everyone? No. Are some people successful despite of it? Yes, however how many people out of ten does cocaine have to destroy before we recognize it as a plague? 1, 2 or all 10?

Quality post... That's really all I had to say.

Back