News Combate Global Outdraws The UFC

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"
Thu, August 5, 2021, 10:00 AM·3 min read

SUNDAY NIGHT'S TENTPOLE EVENT ON UNIVISION SETS NEW RATING MILESTONES FOR THE ORGANIZATION, DRAWING NEARLY 1 MILLION VIEWERS AND BESTING UFC's MOST RECENT LIVE, PRIMETIME EVENT ON ESPN

NEW YORK, Aug. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Combate Global today announced record ratings with this past Sunday's late-night tentpole event on Univision, toppling the primetime delivery of longtime Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) industry leader, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), one day earlier.

Combate Global CEO Campbell McLaren
The ratings performance marks the first time in history that another MMA organization achieved superior television ratings over the same weekend to the UFC on ESPN.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
In a midnight ET/9 p.m. PT time slot on August 1, Combate Global's tentpole event averaged 946,000 P2+ viewers on Univision, including 464,000 viewers in the coveted A1849 demographic.

By comparison, the UFC averaged 797,000 P2+ viewers, including 329,000 A1849 viewers, in primetime on ESPN on July 31.

"As the co-founder of the UFC, it is an honor and an incredible feeling to be on par with the industry juggernaut that the UFC has become over the last 28 years," said Combate Global CEO Campbell McLaren. "Now, with Univision in our corner, we are firmly positioned to continue building this brand-new MMA audience that we have uncovered through their platforms."

The Combate Global viewership figure for its latest tentpole event represents an increase of over 77 percent from the average number of viewers (533,000) that watched its previous tentpole show on May 29.

"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-time-tv-history-combate-170000714.html

Brock was a pioneer and knew the Hispanic MMA market is where it's at
XhBs5.gif

Is Combate the new One FC? Did they really draw a million viewers with a 12 AM ET start time? When did it end? Like 5 AM?

But but....Combate Global are not bringing their best!

They're rapists and murderers...but I'm sure some of them are good people.

But… but…. Sherdog told me Bellator was the number 2 organization.

In terms of being a promotion it is. Combate isn't going to have a big TV deal and it's purses will make UFC fighters look like NBA players.

Does that include the ESPN+ numbers? I don’t know what Combate global or Univision are. Seems weird they could draw like that in the middle of the night.

Is it because they have hawter chicks than the UFC?

Means absolutely nothing. Just another sherdogger looking to shit on the UFC, what else is new

This is why the UFC pushed Cain so hard lol thirsting after that Latin market

I've never heard a single casual talk about something called Combate. But maybe Univision is just one of those channels that Spanish-speaking people keep on in the background all of the time.

Oh and comparing a "tentpole" event for one promotion to a throwaway card for another is kinda stupid

I don’t know the details at all, so won’t comment on what this may or may not mean. But should be noted they’re comparing to one of the weakest cards the UFC has put on in years.

WOW! Perfect coincidence that it comes on the same weekend that journeyman Chris Gruetzemacher became the second guy in a row in the UFC to defeat former undefeated combate champ Rafa Garcia, making the latter 0-2 in the promotion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back