Combat Wrestling revived!!!

Matt Kaiser (CANADA) picked up Gold, 74kg I believe. Good friend of mine, was super excited to hear!

Onq is it possible for you to do a demo of CW at one the Collegiate
Wrestling events? Maybe you can get some more exposure for the sport
and get some wrestlers to compete for it one day.

Denny Lenormand 68kg Gold,
Roli Delgado 74kg Silver,
Anthony Sansonetti 90kg Silver,
Morgan Ricky Bracken 82kg Bronze
Kevin Sniff 100kg Bronze!

Called it. And congrats to TEAM USA! Can't wait to see video of the matches, Onq!

Denny is deffinetely a grappler, we are going to hear about from now on!
Here are the official results, please check for photos on the website or in the FB page.
The video is getting ready now.

" This Saturday, August 22nd, in Varna, Bulgaria was held FICW’s 1st World Championship!

On the mats of Spartak Stadium, the finest grapplers of Japan, UK, USA, Canada, Bulgaria, Italy, Hungary, Serbia, Macedonia, Malta, Belarus and Spain met and locked horns under the rule set of Combat Wrestling, for the first time in the history!

The crowd witnessed very high level of diverse grappling styles.

There were European, World and national champions of Freestyle and Greko wrestling, Sambo, Judo, BJJ, FILA Grappling and etc.

Sportsmanship was on par with the wrestlers level- there was only one accident, resulting in minor injury.

After a fierce competition, here are the first world medalists in Combat Wrestling:

Men

+100 kg

1 .Tomoyuki Oka (JPN)
2. Milan Vrbic (SRB)
3. Preslav Kulekov (BUL)

-100 kg

1. Kamen Georgiev (BUL)
2. Ivan Vicic (SRB)
3. Kevin Sniff (USA)

-90 kg

1 Nural Nazmiev (BUL)
2. Anthony Sansonetty (USA)
3. Luka Breberina (SRB)

-82 kg

1. Boris Velichkov (BUL)
2. Joseph Abela (MLT)
3. Morgan Bracken (USA)

-74 kg

1. Matthew Kaiser (CAN)
2. Roli Delgado (USA)
3. Lewis Dunn (GBR)

-68 kg

1. Denny Lenormand (USA)
2. Ryota Kodama (JPN)
3. Boris Tonev (BUL)

-62 kg

1. Sadahito Niimura (JPN)
2. Stanislav Dimitrov (BUL)
3. Enrico Manicaro (MLT)

Youth A:

1. Ivaylo Manolov (BUL)
2. Paul Rogers (GBR)
3. Zen Yoshizawa (JPN)

Youth B:

Zen Yoshizawa (JPN)

Women:

1. Emily Crawford (GBR)
1. Lubov Galabova (BUL)"

Some interesting moments- you should deffinetely look for the heavy weight japanese, who was going through opponents, like a juggernaugt. Also, all the fights of the champion in -90 kg (a beast of a wrestler). Matthew Kaiser took me off guard in his final, when I was reaching for the diplomas of 1st and 2nd place to sign, and then I heard: "he is sleeping!". Looked at the mat, just to find that he finished his match and has won the finals by a choke, within the first minute of the fight.
Lubov Galabova is a red belt in judo and she drove the whole night from the capital of Bulgaria, to Varna, just so 2 gentleman from Italy who wanted to speak with me, regarding future events and participation in FICW, can make it. When they arrived, she introduced them to me and was about to pass out in the car, when she found that the women, who were supposed to participate got stranded at airports, so the only other woman in the event, Emily from UK, didnt had opportunity to fight, so Lubov just asked for shorts and a tshirt and went on the mat for a demonstration fight. She fought to a draw, so both got golds!
The entire event was great and we had a very productive congress with the rest of the representatives, taking important decisions.
I can just say that by the end of this year, we might be able go run European championship and a few more open cups. All the team is working their competition calendars atm, so club/ state/ national/ continental and world championships will be announced soon as well.
It is unfortunate, that some of the teams had last minute problems and couldnt make it, but it was a great event, nonetheless and I am very thankful for all the support!

Last edited:
Onq is it possible for you to do a demo of CW at one the Collegiate
Wrestling events? Maybe you can get some more exposure for the sport
and get some wrestlers to compete for it one day.

It might be possible.
Now, after the world championship is in the bag, we can proceed with the next step and look for recognition by UWW as a style of wrestling and hope we can work together with them, presenting Combat Wrestling in several different events.

Interesting sport thanks for the updates here. I wonder what are the rules and ways to score points.

September 26th, in Gorna Oriahovica, Bulgaria will be be introduced the first one category tournament, FICW is planning to hold regularly around the globe.

Copromoting with one of the best Bulgarian MMA organizations- TWINS MMA, the night will offer MMA, Boxing bouts and in between, Combat Wrestling Bulgaria will have 4 man tournament for the title of King of 68.

King-of-68.jpg

Back