Combat Wrestling revived!!!

Ricky Bobby gi FTW!

LOL!
Yeah, most probably will actually put up specific manual about logo sizes and location, so we dont end up with something like this:
Nights600.jpg

:icon_lol:
What are the official uniforms?

isami-reversible-compression-shorts-10799-p__51549.1404191675.1280.1280.jpg

How many countries are holding trials? The world championships have a pretty shallow bracket at the moment.

Also, are the trials open or is there a criteria for joining?

$400 for a flight to Arkansas is a little steep, but It'd be pretty neat to be the first multi-nation Combat Wrestling Champion :icon_lol: Calibur, you wanna hang out in Bulgaria this summer?

Last edited:

How many countries are holding trials? The world championships have a pretty shallow bracket at the moment.

$400 for a flight to Arkansas is a little steep, but It'd be pretty neat to be the first multi-nation Combat Wrestling Champion :icon_lol: Calibur, you wanna hang out in Bulgaria this summer?
Currently we have confirmed 12 countries.
Negotiating membership with a few more countries, so most probably we wil have about 20 national teams. I wouldnt call that shallow :)
Trials will be held in each one of them.
Still scheduling dates and details with each representative, so they havent been announced yet, but everything in its time.

Everyone is welcome to the Trials!
The point of having a national team is to present the best athlete sellection of the country.

Thanx, Crossface9!
Im heading to Japan in a few weeks, so you can expect some more news and announcements soon...

I wouldn't mind.

Seriously.

By the end of this month we will announce all our new members and their trials schedule.
There are still a few countries, who will join in by the summer, so their nationals will be announced on a later notice.
At this moment, considering allowing individual participation, in case the country is not a member yet, so we can give a chance to everyone to come and compete in the 1st Worlds!

Awesome.

An endorsement by Josh Barnett is no small feat.

Updates:

I am currently in Japan, to help organizing Japan Team Trials talk logistics and define the structure of FICW.
We had a very productive meeting with Mr. Kiguchi last week, where he appointed his director for Japan, my old friend Masa Yoshizawa.
We are currently working on some structural preparation and organization of referee cometees, federational standards and etc.
Follow the website of the federation- I will upload news every week.
Also, we have finalized the dates for team trials for Italy and Philippines. Currently negotiating the inclusion of UK, Spain, Austria and most of the Balkans.
Malta and Nepal have joined our organization last month.
Stay tuned!

Updates:

I am currently in Japan, to help organizing Japan Team Trials talk logistics and define the structure of FICW.
We had a very productive meeting with Mr. Kiguchi last week, where he appointed his director for Japan, my old friend Masa Yoshizawa.
We are currently working on some structural preparation and organization of referee cometees, federational standards and etc.
Follow the website of the federation- I will upload news every week.
Also, we have finalized the dates for team trials for Italy and Philippines. Currently negotiating the inclusion of UK, Spain, Austria and most of the Balkans.
Malta and Nepal have joined our organization last month.
Stay tuned!

Can't wait to see some of these matches. Onq anyone you to see compete?

For Immediate Sponsors of North American Combat Wrestling. US Team Trials on April 11th; Canada on May 23rd
(downloadable version: http://www.ussambo.com/pdfs/sponsorpress.pdf)

Lowell, Arkansas. March 21, 2015 -- The International Combat Wrestling Federation (FICW), newly minted world federation for Combat Wrestling, is giving this historic Japanese combat sport its rightful place on the international stage. Combat Wrestling has existed for over two decades in Japan and was the creation of legendary wrestler Noriaki Kiguchi. Before ADCC, Grappler

Oh, also, our UK and Argentina representatives have been announced. Please follow the website for more information.
combatwrestling.org

Back