Combat Wrestling revived!!!

As soon as the dates and weight classes are announced I'll definitely look into it.

I wanna do at least one more combat wrestling tournament before I stop actively competing. :)

Yeah, I think we will announce the Japan Team Trials soon. You could try entering the national team :)

This is good news. I really like the format.

Unites world wrestling reinstated grappling. Now there are few national affiliated federations so I think combat wrestling is a good choice. Freestyle, Submission and Pankration are very interesting styles.

Good match nice combination of wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu.
Hopefully they will kept out the guard-pulling butt-scooting
crap.

With banning closed guard and higher score for amplitude throws, pulling guard will result in a slam and high score for the top player. Inactivity on the ground would lead to restart from the feet, so anyone who comes with pulling guard strategy to Combat Wrestling tournaments, will face incredible difficulties to win.
As I said, the point of Combat Wrestling is to develop well balanced grappling skills in takedowns, transitioning, pins and submissions.

With banning closed guard and higher score for amplitude throws, pulling guard will result in a slam and high score for the top player. Inactivity on the ground would lead to restart from the feet, so anyone who comes with pulling guard strategy to Combat Wrestling tournaments, will face incredible difficulties to win.
As I said, the point of Combat Wrestling is to develop well balanced grappling skills in takedowns, transitioning, pins and submissions.

I'am glad to hear that. I'll say again I wish you success

With banning closed guard and higher score for amplitude throws, pulling guard will result in a slam and high score for the top player.Inactivity on the ground would lead to restart from the feet, so anyone who comes with pulling guard strategy to Combat Wrestling tournaments, will face incredible difficulties to win.

This makes me so damn happy!

Closed guard is fully banned?

I'am glad to hear that. I'll say again I wish you success

Thank you!
I cannot stress enough, that this is a collective effort and all of us are doing our best for everyone's joy.
Please support your national teams guys!
We can be helped with as much publicity as possible.

Yes. Under no circumstances, a player can use closed guard.

Will it be enforced the way it is in sport sambo? Warning then penalty? Also when will there be a link to the full ruleset, or did i miss it in here?

I'd like to piggyback on everyone's enthusiasm about this too. Hopefully I'll be able to compete in one in the future, this is a great thing you're doing.

So any type of guard pull is automatically a throw against the puller? That could be interesting.

Overall, the format seems very interesting and I'd be interested in competing under this type of rule set. Just not at a national trials kind of setting. Hopefully we'll see the expansion of this format.

Will it be enforced the way it is in sport sambo? Warning then penalty? Also when will there be a link to the full ruleset, or did i miss it in here?

I'd like to piggyback on everyone's enthusiasm about this too. Hopefully I'll be able to compete in one in the future, this is a great thing you're doing.

Yes, warning, penalties, spanking over knee...
Here is a link to the FICW website with the rule set:

http://combatwrestling.org/wp/rules/

Combat Wrestling is the perfect submission style for United World Wrestling. Now grappling ruleset is so boring...a copy of bjj nogi. In my opinion...

I'm happy to see that there is enthusiasm for Combat Wrestling, but banning heel hooks and closed guard is a departure from the original rules.

Closed guard isn't a problem, stalling in closed guard is, and thats why they have stand ups.

I'm happy to see that there is enthusiasm for Combat Wrestling, but banning heel hooks and closed guard is a departure from the original rules.

Closed guard isn't a problem, stalling in closed guard is, and thats why they have stand ups.
Thank you!
Of course there are adaptations of the rule set. One of our main goals is to become a globaly recognized grappling format . And we care about the safety of our athletes. Let me just give an example- imagine mr. Palhares entering the tournament. And add to this wrestling shoes...
As for closed guard- it is inactive position, where most of the stalling occures.
Trying to keep it as simple and safe as possible.

I really hope this takes hold, I like the pace and more emphasis on stand up grappling. It's very 'real world' applicable!

you know theres a simple way to solve top players not engaging, and bottom players hanging out: riding time points.

suddenly the top player has incentive to engage right away, and the bottom player has incentive to start working like hell, which creates more action.

sometimes dead is better
pet-semetary34.png

Back