Combat Sports International Gloves (MMA)

LoL. Rogan did entertain me during that hideous Kevin Jordan vs. whatevahisnamewas's fight. On a side note. I actually would bet that Pride's gloves are a tad thicker. I use to own a pair and I am highly skeptical that they are only 4 ounce. They def have more padding than the UFC's. I would be willing to wager that they are 6 ounce and not 4!

I say that the Pride Gloves are 5oz because im pretty sure that the Shooto gloves are 6 and I dont think that the Pride glove is as big

well the Pride gloves felt more like Primetimes (padding not as soft) than the UFC's which, even when broken in are quite rough. Don't get me wrong, Pride gloves aren't anything like CSI's MMA Training glove, but they have a decent amount of padding to them. If I still had them I would take pics for further proof.

I have a pair, minus that hideous logo on the knuckles, and they are fine. A solid value for your money. IMO, Fairtex is fancier, but what's the point? They're just gloves.

The Gloves came today!

Tuesday arrival???
I ordered them on something like thursday or wednesday last week!! Very cool service! Top notch!

Unfortunately I will not get to use them until after Christmas as they are a gift... Then I will write a review.

Thaiboxgrappler, got anything to say about them???

TheDave

Im 5'10" 160lbs and hands are 8" around first knuckles, anyone know if I should get regular or large CSI gloves? Thanks

TheDave@ANMA said:
The Gloves came today!

Tuesday arrival???
I ordered them on something like thursday or wednesday last week!! Very cool service! Top notch!

Unfortunately I will not get to use them until after Christmas as they are a gift... Then I will write a review.

TheDave

Sure, they fit my hands pretty well (meds and I'm 5'9" 155-165lbs), offer decent protection for training pads and glove drills, and they seem durable. Also, they stay put during live grappling, which is nice.

They are not good bag gloves for heavy bag use, though you'd probably not do that, some would.

Overall, I'm very satisfied, especially for the price.

I train bare fisted but for sparring all I have are some heavier 16oz gloves and those are no good for more trapping, and joint lock, take down stuff. I look forward to using them and thanks for the brief write up.

TheDave

TheDave@ANMA said:
The Gloves came today!

Tuesday arrival???

TheDave

Glad you got them so quick, let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future. Let me know how you like the gloves.

Thanks again.

Thank you man! I can't wait to try them out. I am probably going to look into some thick style thai pads for the new year.
Can you shoot me a PM with a ballpark figure on the shipping? You should have my location...
TheDave

Hockeyfight said:
I say that the Pride Gloves are 5oz because im pretty sure that the Shooto gloves are 6 and I dont think that the Pride glove is as big

UFC are 4oz, PRIDE are just under 6oz (I think it's 5.8oz), Shooto are just under 8oz. as far as I know. Shooto gloves are very well padded to prevent damage to your hands however the padding is distributed so you can still throw pretty hard leather.

Superbeast said:
UFC are 4oz, PRIDE are just under 6oz (I think it's 5.8oz), Shooto are just under 8oz. as far as I know. Shooto gloves are very well padded to prevent damage to your hands however the padding is distributed so you can still throw pretty hard leather.

Hah then I was right about Pride's glove, w00t!

has anyone tried the csi mma training gloves on for bag work? it may have been brought in this thread but i missed it. i'm wanting a pair for xmas and i've seen the posts about how they work for training but how do/would they work for bag work?

TimPlu said:
has anyone tried the csi mma training gloves on for bag work? it may have been brought in this thread but i missed it. i'm wanting a pair for xmas and i've seen the posts about how they work for training but how do/would they work for bag work?

I have and I love them for bag work. I didn't use hand wraps and I was hitting hard. My knuckles have never felt so good after training. I still felt like I has hit a bag, like my knuckles were still getting tough but without the soarness and pain. Definitally love bag work with these. After finals next week Ill write a full review.

The gloves are similar to the ouano's. Very good stuff. They're great for sparring. If you're going to be hitting the bag with some power, I'd wrap your hands (or just wear the boxing gloves) unless you have good form.

Back