Columbus day is now indigenous peoples day

Renaming holidays to remember a group, solely for being here first, who through inferior disease tolerances, void of technical advances and in-fighting didn't last long in terms of strength... sure makes a lot of sense to the participation trophy generation.

If you don't count the fruits and vegetables they stumbled upon, what were the meaningful contributions to America again?

Domesticating crops is not "stumbling upon " it. No one says the same thing of the crops domesticated by MiddleEastern , East Asian, or European groups. The fact you would just dismiss their contribution reallys says how far right you are.

Help them in what way? The symbols are still there and in their face. There are holocaust museums everywhere. But maybe we should remove them not to hurt the next generation’s feelings, huh?
I’ve travelled eastern europe and I can tell you the relics are still there. Removing statues doesn’t undo 50 years of misery. This is Kiev but these apartment buildings are scattered all across the eastern europe.
77f9dffc21fc415f933bde06ccab5f6b_8.jpeg

But where are all the statues of Hitler?

Also, do you think americans were wrong for tearing down all the statues of the English kings after the revolutionary war?

Memorials and museums are different than monuments.

Cause only crazy fucks in Michigan and Minnesota celebrate that.

Frankly, I was stunned when I found out people got Columbus Day off.

In Utah we get Pioneer Day at the end of July, supposedly to commemorate when the first caravans made it over the Wasatch and settled the area. Utah likes to conveniently leave out the part where they FUCKING MASSACRED ALL THE NATIVES out here.
Obama made an offical proclamation of Leif Erickson Day.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...esidential-proclamation-leif-erikson-day-2016

To honor Leif Erikson and celebrate our Nordic-American heritage, the Congress, by joint resolution (Public Law 88-566) approved on September 2, 1964, has authorized the President of the United States to proclaim October 9 of each year as "Leif Erikson Day."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 9, 2016, as Leif Erikson Day. I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs to honor our rich Nordic-American heritage.

But where are all the statues of Hitler?

Also, do you think americans were wrong for tearing down all the statues of the English kings after the revolutionary war?

Memorials and museums are different than monuments.
it's all symbolic. it's irrelevant. only superficial people that take things as they are at first sight believe it makes a world of difference. Look at @MicroBrew 's avatar. Did toppling Saddam's statue make Iraq into a better place lmao. The US sent it several centuries backwards.

LOL. Like

But but Bidenbros told me the statues were removed and it helped the russians

Or this:

It always made me laugh a ton in high school. I grew up in an area that had a huge influx of Russian and Ukranian immigrants, to the point one neighborhood got called "Little Kiev". The no gang clothes dress code.... only the Natives and Mexicans got hit for that. Russians all in their track suits? LOL, not a second look.

Obama made an offical proclamation of Leif Erickson Day.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...esidential-proclamation-leif-erikson-day-2016

To honor Leif Erikson and celebrate our Nordic-American heritage, the Congress, by joint resolution (Public Law 88-566) approved on September 2, 1964, has authorized the President of the United States to proclaim October 9 of each year as "Leif Erikson Day."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 9, 2016, as Leif Erikson Day. I call upon all Americans to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs to honor our rich Nordic-American heritage.
Why do I not get this day off then?

I DEMAND AN ANSWER!

Or this:

It always made me laugh a ton in high school. I grew up in an area that had a huge influx of Russian and Ukranian immigrants, to the point one neighborhood got called "Little Kiev". The no gang clothes dress code.... only the Natives and Mexicans got hit for that. Russians all in their track suits? LOL, not a second look.

More proof that toppling statues doesn't translate to improvement.

Reactions: Err
Oh lawd. Okay mang . You’re right. Can we cancel Caesar salad and dressing? The madman has blood on his hands!

Caesar salad was named after the restaurateur Cesare Cardini, 1896-1956, who supposedly created it. not after the roman emperor.

More proof that toppling statues doesn't translate to improvement.
I don't get why the statues were erected in the first place.

Hell, I'm PRETTY sure Lee is ON RECORD saying he wanted nothing erected to immortilize him. Though I do think the Feds should have something at Arlington National Cemetary noting who originally owned that land.

Columbus was a mean bastard and he never even set foot in the U.S. mainland. Juan Ponce De Leon was the first.

Plenty of other Italians to choose from if Italian Americans need to celebrate their Great-Great Grandpa coming from Italy. Make it Da Vinci Day or something.

Oh lawd. Okay mang . You’re right. Can we cancel Caesar salad and dressing? The madman has blood on his hands!

Caesar salad was invented IN Mexico.

Just a fun fact. I don’t care about this stupid debate.

if they wore their face masks they wouldn't have caught covid 92.

Renaming holidays to remember a group, solely for being here first, who through inferior disease tolerances, void of technical advances and in-fighting didn't last long in terms of strength... sure makes a lot of sense to the participation trophy generation.

If you don't count the fruits and vegetables they stumbled upon, what were the meaningful contributions to America again?
Now you are a REAL Democrat

Caesar salad was invented IN Mexico.

Just a fun fact. I don’t care about this stupid debate.
Killing your parents and own children when threatened thinking they'll overthrow you though...

That's concretely Roman. The Targareyans are just copy cats.

Cortez is the GOAT diabolical conquistador.

“I and my companions suffer from a disease of the heart which can be cured only with gold.”
The way he fucking cucked Montezuma is rough to learn about. They turned the guy into a puppet and by turning him into a puppet bled the Aztecs dry and then let Montezuma get killed over it.

Back