Colton Smith Post Fight Discussion: gameplan/speech/harley diss (merged threads)

Colton coming out with the military speech out of nowhere in his post fight interview with Rogan and saluting is so weird. Ignoring the Harley guy was pretty awkward but then again they are doing that shit as a advertisement to sell there brand so they arent exactly giving him a bike for free.

Colton coming out with the military speech out of nowhere in his post fight interview with Rogan and saluting is so weird. Ignoring the Harley guy was pretty awkward but then again they are doing that shit as a advertisement to sell there brand so they arent exactly giving him a bike for free.

Out of nowhere? dude was blabbering on and on the whole season with that stuff

Hmmm how can I say this without getting dubs??

If an 'aardvark' was the term for a bag which holds the water used in the rinsing of body cavities...then I would call this Colton guy a MASSIVE aardvark!!

Did you watch any of his previous fights on the show? If Ricci fought anywhere near his potential this fight would not have been close. How anyone can say they didn't find this boring as fuck they are full of it.

Yes, I did watch the fights, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to the excitement. Bottom line: I guy was aggressively attacking with constant sub attempts. The other guy was in danger the entire fight, but had good enough sub defense to keep from being finished.

To me, that isn't boring. I was watching the whole time wondering if he was going to get him in that choke or not. I liked it. Swear to God.

I stand by what I said before. Leave everything the same about the fight, but replace Colton with a fan favorite like Condit who people find exciting because they are busy actively going for subs, and not nearly as many people would be complaining. Replace Colton with a dangerous BJJ guy who was getting oh so close to getting him in that dangerous choke and not as many people would be bitching.

When BJJ guys are aggressively going for subs, people like it. When exciting balls to the wall guys like Condit, Diaz, Cerrone, Pettis, etc are aggressively working for a sub, people like it. When it's a wrestler, it's just lay n pray. If everything stays the same except for the primary discipline of the fighter, it's a different fan perspective. There is a double standard.

Add that Colton didn't come across as a likable guy or a fan favorite on the show, and you have a double whammy.

Colton Dissed on Harley because hes a soldier. The Army loves to demonize motorcycles because they are "the devil" and I guess he isn't a free enough thinker to no absorb corporate Army propaganda.

Back