Colton Smith Post Fight Discussion: gameplan/speech/harley diss (merged threads)

I dont watch TUF so i didnt know who this Colton character was

With that said, I knew within the first couple of minutes he would grab a leg and hold on for the whole fight

Like Fitch only more boring, if thats believable. Thats one fighter i dont need to see again

I just hated the nutshot. He hit him square in the nuts. As Colton turned his head, he saw the glazed over eyes of Mazzagatti staring into nothingness, counting the number of bolts in the average ceiling rafter, and decided to take advantage of the "Mazzagatti Meditative State", and jumped on Mike. He knew he hit him in the nuts, come on, it was quite a bitch move.

Wow people are bashing him for his performance? He did great IMO. Working for submissions 99% of the time, punching Ricci in the face the remanining 1%.

Didn't find that fight boring in the slightest. Wasn't one of the most exciting, but surely not a snoozefest either.

I just hated the nutshot. He hit him square in the nuts. As Colton turned his head, he saw the glazed over eyes of Mazzagatti staring into nothingness, counting the number of bolts in the average ceiling rafter, and decided to take advantage of the "Mazzagatti Meditative State", and jumped on Mike. He knew he hit him in the nuts, come on, it was quite a bitch move.

Colton had no choice. He can't stop fighting if the referee won't stop it.

Well after Fitch's last fight where he went balls to the wall, I was worried I wouldn't have a fighter to despise for wasting space int eh sport.

Now I've got a guy who's twice as douchy and just as boring. Hey asshole, when someone is congratulating you and awarding you a prize, don't be a fucking dick.

Its not like he was sitting in guard, he was on the guy's back the entire fight. DOMINATING performance.

Dude makes Fitch look like W. Silva.

He beat Ricci down, he didn't need to finish it to show his dominance.

I have to say that Colton rushing in after he knew he landed a groin shot has cost him some fans. I wanted nothing more than to see him lose after that cheap follow-up attack.

Wow people are bashing him for his performance? He did great IMO. Working for submissions 99% of the time, punching Ricci in the face the remanining 1%.

Didn't find that fight boring in the slightest. Wasn't one of the most exciting, but surely not a snoozefest either.

If he was really trying for the rnc he needs to work on it. As far as punching, he landed 0 significant strikes. Really sucks that Ricci couldn't stop him from hugging for 15 minutes. We saw the emergence of an extremely limited fighter who will go nowhere in the UFC tonight. I think they need a long hiatus for TUF, maybe if they take a year or more off there will be enough new talent to put together a worthwhile cast.

It was a beatdown made up of hugs and arm punches. Maybe Ricci got drowsy from the blanket on him and the love taps. Very disappointing,both fighters.

If you can take a guys back, you do it.

If you can keep his back, you do it.

You never ever give up back control because you can't lose from there.

Jon Fucking Fitch disagrees
tumblr_mbw57kiiMr1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

You are absolutely right, because back control is THE most dominate position in the sport to take.

Which makes it all the more frustrating when a guy takes his opponents back in every round and still can't do anything with it.

Jon Fucking Fitch disagrees
tumblr_mbw57kiiMr1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

He was like a man possessed in that fight. I have been a long standing Fitch hater and even I was cheering for him with the performance he put on in that fight.

I have to say that Colton rushing in after he knew he landed a groin shot has cost him some fans. I wanted nothing more than to see him lose after that cheap follow-up attack.

Maz didn't stop it, what was he supposed to do?

I enjoyed the fight, for the simple reason that it was fun to watch someone from Tristar get grapplefucked.

Colton had no choice. He can't stop fighting if the referee won't stop it.

Agree. I don't like Colton, but henpaused went after Ricci, then even paused again when they broke. Mazagatti did nothing. He's absolutely the worst referee in the sport.

Back