Colton Smith might drop to lightweight, good opponents?

Actually, I like the fact that people don't like him as they end up betting on Ricci to win a fight that he was thoroughly dominated in.

I usually like watching TUF cause I like seeing who might be the next Anderson Silva, the next JDS or the next big thing. No one really stood out for me and it didn't bother me that Ricci didn't win. I was just disappointed this season.

I think Colton sucks but the idea that he just laid on Ricci and did nothing is laughable. Dude was going for RNC's all day, he just isn't very good at finishing them and Ricci is very good at defending and not taking damage.

If the UFC wants to give Colton a soft touch, they could throw him any of the Brazilian or Australian TUF guys, he'd beat them all. Given how pissed Dana was at everybody this season through, I wouldn't be surprised if Colton gets someone in the vein of a Ramsey Nijem, a not great fighter who can make him look bad.

Too bad Shane Roller retired, because he's exactly the kind of guy who could fuck up Colton's shit.

He was spamming RNC's like crazy without setting them up. Ricci was not that good at avoiding damage, it's just that Smith had absolutely nothing on his punches.

I usually like watching TUF cause I like seeing who might be the next Anderson Silva, the next JDS or the next big thing. No one really stood out for me and it didn't bother me that Ricci didn't win. I was just disappointed this season.

This season did suck.

Who cares honestly, I have no interest in watching him fight. Whoever does have to fight this guy should wake up every day, wet down a blanket go under it and practice escaping for 99% of the camp. Colton doesn't throw punches or try to fight he just holds people down, then tries to get their back because at that position he can just hold on, they cant hit him and he wont hit back. Also don't touch gloves him with and practice recovering from groin shots because Colton wont let you.

He was spamming RNC's like crazy without setting them up. Ricci was not that good at avoiding damage, it's just that Smith had absolutely nothing on his punches.

Punches?

This picture of Colton Smith after the fight shows he doesn't really have hands.

16164864367061766318.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Fuck if he's a lw then ricci should drop straight down to fw.

As I said in the first post I think Abel Trujllo is a great match up. Both just made their UFC debuts. Colton loves to wrestle and constantly hunt the takedown. Trujillo defended the majority of Marcus Levesseur's takedowns and punished him on the feet.

interesting average male in shape would compete at lw
average heights for a male per country= average height of the lw roster
Canada 5'9.5
US 5'10
Brazil 5'8.5
Australia 5'10
Japan 5'7.5
South Korea 5'8.5
Netherlands 5'11.5
England 5'10

average height of all countries where mma is popular =5'9.4 which is the average height of the lw roster, someone asked me what weight the average in shape american would compete at

I see what your saying, Ive seen much worse fights, but that final fight was against a 155er & Ricci face looked like it took less damage than Colton. All of his fights suck, he's like Matt Lindland v1.000000001... & he represents the most violent army guilty of more war crimes than any other country... ever!

Says the guy from the UK, you guys invented invading countries for their resources and subjugating their populations. Thanks for the mess that Africa and the Middle East are today, look at history, those are largely on you guys. I know it is cool to hate on the US but you might want to consider your own heritage first.

If they want him to win it will be tough to find a match up. He runs in swinging wildly with his chin up to close the distance, so a good striker stops him there. I don't think his grappling is good enough it to get eaten alive on the ground by a good grappler. The UFC probably wants him around because of his military connection, so they will probably give him someone making their "UFC debut", this debuting opponent will be completely overmatched and then cut. Watch this exact scenario play out.

I don't care for how the UFC often throws these TUF guys into deep water right away. And it apparently doesn't matter where they train given that Ricci trains with GSP and Rory and looked like poop.

BTW, Ricci is also planning to move back to LW and has the audacity to seek a fight on the Montreal card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back