Colton Smith might drop to lightweight, good opponents?

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I heard on the grapevine that Colton was in the armed forces?

Is this true?

Last edited:
Retired, and Roller would demolish Colton

Thats right i forgot. I think most people beat colton. From what i've seen at least. I guess just give him some guy making his ufc debut if they want him to win or give him a killer if they want to cut him.

Thats right i forgot. I think most people beat colton. From what i've seen at least. I guess just give him some guy making his ufc debut if they want him to win or give him a killer if they want to cut him.

He needs to improve his striking and 155 is full of wrestlers that his grind it out approach wont work against. His shot from a distance doesn't seem that explosive, he seems to be at his best when hes wearing guys down against the fence.

I read yesterday on MMAJunkie that Colton Smith was considering the drop to lightweight.

I know a lot of people bashed his fight style but who do you think would be a good opponent at lightweight?

Personally I'd like to see;

Lightweight:
Colton Smith vs Abel Trujilo
Colton Smith vs Tim Means
Colton Smith vs Rafaello Oliveira

If he decides to stay at Welterweight I'd love to see

Colton Smith vs Rustam Khabilov

What about you guys?

Nate Diaz

Lol at how butthurt Smith makes some people. I've seen people say he just lay and prayed, hugged Ricci the entire time, and that the fight was boring. Ricci clearly did not lay and pray and he positionally dominated throughout. He constantly worked and was able to obtain dominant positions. I didn't think the fight was boring at all, but if it was, it was due to how much he dominated Ricci and Ricci's inability to put up a fight.

To answer your question TS, he should be brought up slowly. He doesn't have many fights, and he's got more potential than people give him credit for. His greco is solid, and a lot of fighters with good TDD still don't defend against greco well. They can defend double legs all day, but Smith can be tricky with his trips and body locks. With that said, he still needs to be brought up slow.

goonies_sloth.jpg

This is all i see when i look at Colton "Sloth" Smith.
Oh man... LOL!

Varner, Guillard. Let's see him try to take some actual wrestlers down and grapple them

I see what your saying, Ive seen much worse fights, but that final fight was against a 155er & Ricci face looked like it took less damage than Colton. All of his fights suck, he's like Matt Lindland v1.000000001... & he represents the most violent army guilty of more war crimes than any other country... ever!

I see what your saying, Ive seen much worse fights, but that final fight was against a 155er & Ricci face looked like it took less damage than Colton. All of his fights suck, he's like Matt Lindland v1.000000001... & he represents the most violent army guilty of more war crimes than any other country... ever!

I agree he's boring but you are a pussy

Varner, Guillard. Let's see him try to take some actual wrestlers down and grapple them

The man has absolutely ZERO striking ability. The second he meets anyone who wrestled to a decent> standard in college etc, he gets starched inside 2 rounds, guaranteed.

At least guys like Fitch can take and throw a punch. Smith was getting jelly-legged by Eddie fucking Ellis.

Lol at how butthurt Smith makes some people. I've seen people say he just lay and prayed, hugged Ricci the entire time, and that the fight was boring. Ricci clearly did not lay and pray and he positionally dominated throughout. He constantly worked and was able to obtain dominant positions. I didn't think the fight was boring at all, but if it was, it was due to how much he dominated Ricci and Ricci's inability to put up a fight.

To answer your question TS, he should be brought up slowly. He doesn't have many fights, and he's got more potential than people give him credit for. His greco is solid, and a lot of fighters with good TDD still don't defend against greco well. They can defend double legs all day, but Smith can be tricky with his trips and body locks. With that said, he still needs to be brought up slow.

Good post. Let's see how he develop. The hate has gotten way out of proportion imo...

The man has absolutely ZERO striking ability. The second he meets anyone who wrestled to a decent> standard in college etc, he gets starched inside 2 rounds, guaranteed.

At least guys like Fitch can take and throw a punch. Smith was getting jelly-legged by Eddie fucking Ellis.

that's why I'd like these match ups, so Smitch will get smashed

Sorry guy but it looks like you're the one that's butthurt cause no one likes Colton. His submissions are weak and his punches are as soft as cotton candy. After that fight, he left Ricci with no lumps, no bruises or even a paper cut. Why is that? Simple, he laid on his back and kept him there to secure the win and he did it in all of his fights. If he really wanted to fight then he should fight and not just blanket his opponents and whisper a bunch of sweet nothings in their ears. The bright side is if someone wants to recover from insomnia then they should just watch Colton fight.

Sorry guy but it looks like you're the one that's butthurt cause no one likes Colton. His submissions are weak and his punches are as soft as cotton candy. After that fight, he left Ricci with no lumps, no bruises or even a paper cut. Why is that? Simple, he laid on his back and kept him there to secure the win and he did it in all of his fights. If he really wanted to fight then he should fight and not just blanket his opponents and whisper a bunch of sweet nothings in their ears. The bright side is if someone wants to recover from insomnia then they should just watch Colton fight.

I don't care for his personality either. All that "this is easy and what soldiers do is hard" shit is annoying and stupid

Actually, I like the fact that people don't like him as they end up betting on Ricci to win a fight that he was thoroughly dominated in.

I think Colton sucks but the idea that he just laid on Ricci and did nothing is laughable. Dude was going for RNC's all day, he just isn't very good at finishing them and Ricci is very good at defending and not taking damage.

If the UFC wants to give Colton a soft touch, they could throw him any of the Brazilian or Australian TUF guys, he'd beat them all. Given how pissed Dana was at everybody this season through, I wouldn't be surprised if Colton gets someone in the vein of a Ramsey Nijem, a not great fighter who can make him look bad.

Too bad Shane Roller retired, because he's exactly the kind of guy who could fuck up Colton's shit.

Back